Any one tried New SONOFARM led lights

• Thread starter Highdesert420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Highdesert420

Highdesert420

Has anyone else tried these? It looks like a brand new company. I’ve been reading about lights for a few months and I went with a sf2000 for my first led. I know there’s other options but it fit my budget and seems to be made well with quality parts. At some point in my search I found a random Internet forum where someone mentioned sonofarm lights and that they were good lights and were on sale on amazon. A few days ago searching sonofarm wouldn’t even bring up the lights on amazon, that’s how new they are. Now you can search sonofarm and find them on amazon. I was kind of skeptic because they are so new and I could find zero info online about them other than the amazon reviews and the stuff on their own site. I took a chance and bought two of the 1000s because they are on sale and will eventually go up. They use the good Samsung diodes, mean well driver, and seem to have great spectrum from what I’ve seen. They are US based and have a 5 year warranty. Anyone else looked at these or tried one out? Mine are supposed to be here this week and I’m eager to see how they look.

Highdesert420

Highdesert420

Also for what it’s worth their customer service seems excellent. I was buying two of their smallest lights and they responded to all my questions on Facebook messenger the same day I asked. Mind you I haven’t even seen the light yet, other than in pics , but I’m very optimistic and can’t wait to try it out.

Highdesert420

Highdesert420

Check out their website, everything is cheaper than amazon and includes free shipping I think.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Hmm this is interesting. It’s like a ripoff of SpiderFarmer lol. Like a company set out to replicate SF and undercut them. I’d be curious to know if those are real Samsung LEDs.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hmm this is interesting. It’s like a ripoff of SpiderFarmer lol. Like a company set out to replicate SF and undercut them. I’d be curious to know if those are real Samsung LEDs.

lol. Spider farmer is the late to the game ripoff of hlg. This is just what spider farmer should cost. And there are 100’s of other knock offs being built in china.

Looks good for $400 or so though huh. The boards are real close together though compared to the real thing. Thats one of the ways they save money building budget lights. Will run hotter than it should like sf. So maybe a lot less diode life for the money is the catch.

Highdesert420

Highdesert420

If you read the specs they claim to actually have a longer lifespan than their competition because of the thick heatsink. 100,000 hours. Also they offer a 5 year warranty which would be tough to do if your product wasn’t good. One comment on amazon says that the sf4000 has more diodes than the sonofarm 4000. So what’s better for penetration and growth, more chips less watts, or more watts pushed out of fewer chips? They also claim their light lasts longer because their drivers are a little bigger than they need to be so they don’t run as warm when powering the light full blast.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

If you read the specs they claim to actually have a longer lifespan than their competition because of the thick heatsink. 100,000 hours. Also they offer a 5 year warranty which would be tough to do if your product wasn’t good. One comment on amazon says that the sf4000 has more diodes than the sonofarm 4000. So what’s better for penetration and growth, more chips less watts, or more watts pushed out of fewer chips? They also claim their light lasts longer because their drivers are a little bigger than they need to be so they don’t run as warm when powering the light full blast.
My only concern with the warranty is that someone who offers a 5 year warranty but is a new company doesn’t hold a lot of weight. They might not last 5 months as a company and then you’re stuck with a broken unit.

Highdesert420

Highdesert420

My only concern with the warranty is that someone who offers a 5 year warranty but is a new company doesn’t hold a lot of weight. They might not last 5 months as a company and then you’re stuck with a broken unit.

Good point Kyle, I guess it is a leap of faith going with such a new company. Lots of competition out there right now too. They are off to a good start and I was ok gambling 200 bucks on what look like great lights to take the chance. Their customer service is good, you can speak directly with the owner of the company. I sure hope they succeed, that’s why I’ve been trying to get the word out.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Good point Kyle, I guess it is a leap of faith going with such a new company. Lots of competition out there right now too. They are off to a good start and I was ok gambling 200 bucks on what look like great lights to take the chance. Their customer service is good, you can speak directly with the owner of the company. I sure hope they succeed, that’s why I’ve been trying to get the word out.
I will definitely consider them once I see some reviews.

hotrod717

hotrod717

Exactly what spider farmer did to HLG.
I continue to find it humorous when folks act like SF is the bees knees and play down a no name or new product for doing exactly what Sf has done.
About a dozen other companies produce basically same thing as SF, but if its cheaper its junk. Same LEDS, same type and quality of driver, but less hype and lower marketing overhead. Venture to guess a no name has lower margin as well. lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

All these warranties you need to look into them. Im not gonna do it for anyone but a warranty is only as good as what it covers. Many of these long warranty companies do not cover the light if used in a humid environment ( you read that right a 5 yr warrantyvoided as soon as you toss it in a grow room... why not just offer a 10 yr warranty... lmao well some do), only ship a replacement part you have to repair yourself and are terrible to try and use.

More diodes and the quality of those diodes at the same wattage makes a difference.

I meanthere are a lot more reasons but hey just take a look at those 2 and you can usually see which are actually better.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

All these warranties you need to look into them. Im not gonna do it for anyone but a warranty is only as good as what it covers. Many of these long warranty companies do not cover the light if used in a humid environment ( you read that right a 5 yr warrantyvoided as soon as you toss it in a grow room... why not just offer a 10 yr warranty... lmao well some do), only ship a replacement part you have to repair yourself and are terrible to try and use.

More diodes and the quality of those diodes at the same wattage makes a difference.

I meanthere are a lot more reasons but hey just take a look at those 2 and you can usually see which are actually better.
I completely agree with the warranty thing. I actually contacted Sonofarm and mentioned exactly what you mentioned in your reply to them. I did review all of the specs from one to the other and yes they have less diodes, but I'm still curious to see the quality. I'm really not trying to go over 1000 PPFD myself because I'm just barely supplementing Co2 using the EZCo2 bag. I'm willing to try it out mainly due to the price tag being so low and also because I don't like to judge without trying it out myself so I figured I will take the hit for everyone else to hear the results as the $360 I dropped for the light isn't really much to me and I'm intrigued to see the results (whether or not they end up being desirable).

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

I believe Chris Farley put it best in tommy boy, “ if you want a box with guarantee printed on I’ll shit in one for you, lord knows I got the spare time. But for the time being for your sake and your family sake buy a quality product from use Callahan auto” 🙂

growsince79

growsince79

Just wanted to mention I went ahead and ordered one of their Pro 4000 that I'm linking below. I will definitely post my thoughts about it and an unboxing video etc for everyone to take a look at. Not much videos regarding this light on Youtube so I think I'll start a series showing the potential of the lights vs the Spider Farmers I have.

https://sonofarm.com/product/sonofa...ectrum-samsung-lm301b-diodes-meanwell-driver/
More lies coming from China. They say it flowers 5x5 with 400w- I call bullshit.

Top Bottom