Any one tried New SONOFARM led lights

• Thread starter Highdesert420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Agree. It's not just sf that posts fake par numbers. All the youtube reviews for chinese that I have seen are consistently way lower than advertised.
For some reason hlg reviews are very close to their claims, which makes them look weak compared to the chinese lights.

hlg does outside sphere testing. Its the industry standard. No company should make any claims without it.

growsince79

growsince79

hlg does outside sphere testing. Its the industry standard. No company should make any claims without it.
According to one youtube reviewer, sf hired him to par test the sf1000. His numbers are nowhere near the advertised par. Mars and viparspectrum numbers are nowhere close to advertised either. I haven't seen one for sonofarm yet

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

According to one youtube reviewer, sf hired him to par test the sf1000. His numbers are nowhere near the advertised par. Mars and viparspectrum numbers are nowhere close to advertised either. I haven't seen one for sonofarm yet

no budget company will pay for outside testing. They prey on the uninformed buyer. Who then shows us random plants grown to “prove” the light works as good as the expensive ones.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

What are you talking about? I'm watching independent reviewers and comparing them to numbers posted by manufacturers for that model. From what I've seen so far they all lie. Don't believe everything you hear because you want it to be true.
Educatee yourself.
I don’t believe everything I hear, and I just showed you I am doing the research myself. I’d encourage all of you to do your own research too, not just base your opinions on someone else’s results.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I don’t believe everything I hear, and I just showed you I am doing the research myself. I’d encourage all of you to do your own research too, not just base your opinions on someone else’s results.

In the lighting industry the standard is sphere testing so we dont have to. As long as a grow light is of the proper wattage for the space it is up to the grower to get results. You are not equipped to give accurate lighting info.

t3rpik3rpi

t3rpik3rpi

Hey guys just joined to add to the discussion since people are talking about sonofarm. I found them on amazon last month and looks alot like the spider farmer which i was already eyeing up. So i grabbed one. I plugged it in and knew right away that it was gonna grow plants. I went to their website seen they were cheaper than amazon (they were 399 last week, they went up now Amazon was 460 or 480) plus theu gave me 10% off an order within 10 days. So now i have 3 lights one that vegs in a 4x8 (obviously just using about a 4x4 area) and the other 2 that flower in another 4x8. Just in the seedling stage at this point, running the light 24" @ 35% which is around 300-350ppfd. Dont quote me on that... my friend was over earlier and has an iphone i told him to download korona app (btw you have to pay to measure certain lights now) i didnt have a 60gram piece of paper to i used a random sheet of paper and it wasnt taped on tight or anything and i got around 900 ppfd @ 24" relatively cenetered around the light. I also have one of those cheap light meters that reads around 300 also right now where the iphone meter did but reads around 15-1600 ppfd at 100% around 24". Excited to see what they can do!!! Sorry i dont have a real meter but will work on getting 60 gram paper and messing around with the korona app. Also had DLI values!! wish he could of stayed longer

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

why? If the info is true than the sonofarm has better parts and better price than spider farmer. Well all budget lights are priced lower than sf. They cost american money for some reason.

Just there target audience I guess & these are both more well known right now.. maybe when more people have sono without problems I'd consider buying
Don't know what they're like as a company, wanted to try one but they refused 'selling so fast they can't keep up' which is good if true 🤪😁

I'm still new at this so take with a proverbial grain of salt. I did my research for my first grow (May 2021) and went with the Gavita 1700E lights. A bit pricy but hey have come down a bit and really liked what I read on them. So far they have proved to be really good. I started a second tent to house a few moms and the early clones. Wanted to go on a lower budget for this tent, my flower tent has no expense spared. Looked at the 4,000 series and compared to the Spider farmer 4,000 series. In short, its cheaper, uses less electricity and has done extremely well. I don't think you will get the 5x5 coverage they claim, and I not sure I would use in flower, but for smaller plants in a 4x4 footprint, in Veg......I cant complain.

sandune

sandune

OK, I'll weigh in on this now. I began growing indoors (in tents) for the first time in July 2021. Photos and autoflowers. I researched ALL kinds of lights and manufacturers and prices. I settled on Sonofarm for a variety of reasons, mainly price per watt, 5 year warranty, customer service and good reviews from other growers. I currently have 4 x 4000K and a single 2000K. I run all 4 4000K in a 4 x 8 x 80" tent and the 2000k in a 4 x 2 x 48" tent. ALL 5 lights measure within 6 watts of advertised wattage at the outlet.

I am now beginning grow #5. I am MORE than pleased with Sonofarm lights. I have more bud than I've ever had and I have given away to friends and family more than I ever imagined I would. I've run all types of indica, sativa and hybrids - and photos and autos. They have all surprised me in all aspects of production. I grow in Coast of Maine Stonington Blend or Bar Harbor soils and use organic or Jacks fertilizers in 3,5,7 and 10 gallon cloth bags.

I an IN NO WAY associated with Sonofarm and am only reviewing my views on there product. I WILL continue to buy their LED lights!

J

jesseczech420

Got 13 months of indoor growing under my belt and one summer grow. The 3x3 is used for veg with Sonofarm 2000 @50% power . In the 4x4 I run a Sonofarm 4000 daisy chained to a Sonofarm 2000. At the end of the day Sonofarm gets the job. With my current attempt at a small scale perpetual grow, the electricity bill is low maybe 15-20 dollars more in energy costs. I'm happy with the results and the lights are decent. Handle the lights with care, the dimming box mounts may break, my dumbass learn about that, just be gentle. I'll continue gardening and see if the lights go for 5yrs.
26 days since switch to 12/12. Happy Gardening

20221031 223943
20221031 223847
20221031 223744
Dutchland

Dutchland

I am strongly considering getting the

SONOFARM ULTRA-X Master 900W​

I am sure it is overkill for a 4x4 tent, but it will encourage me to step my game up, and add CO2. I like the UV/IR feature and the LCD screen with built in timer is a nice touch. They posted a YT with the PAR results, looks like a killer set-up 😎

Dutchland

Dutchland

Oh and their SonoFarm MAXX PRO 8 on Amazon only has 17 reviews but all 17 gave it 5 stars=100%
Thats pretty good, because its hard to please everyone... some people complain about everything/anything 🙄

sandune

sandune

I run 4 SF4000s in a 4x8x80 and 1 SF4000 & 1 SF2000 in a 4x4x80. They kick butt!
Below is a Yunnan Dragon (Dragon Flame Genetics) at 11 weeks flower under 600W SonoFarm in my 4x4 tent!
Approx. 4 more weeks of flower...
20230529 161734
20230517 183319

sandune

sandune

Had 2 other photos that came out 'bout 8 days prior. I run 3 or 4 photo period in there alot. You say I can do that on 200 watts alone?
Here's the wet trim of that plant.

20230603 213550

Latest posts

Top Bottom