Any one use super soil?

• Thread starter oglovinlife18
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

naturalmedicine

"Cooking" soil is the process of the soil microbes breaking down the ingredients of the soil to make them available to the plant. It does not require sunshine or additional heat sources. Just keep it slighty moist and aerate by dumping it out somewhere (tarp) and mixing it up a little every few days or so.
There really shouldn't be much smell unless you use lots of fish and fish bone meal. Your soil should smell nice and earthy.

edit: with the addition of organic fertilizer into the mix the soil microbes have a lot of food to work on and will go at it with vigor. This reaction causes heat and results in a lot of available nutrients which makes the soil "hot". It is best to let this occur prior to planting so as not to overfeed and burn young plants.
Hence the recomendation to "let it cook".
or something like that...
Peace

Ok. So after I mix it up, I place it in a trash can and cover it with a lid. Do I need to add water to it before I put the lid on? Should I poke holes in the lid?
Then I pour it out onto a tarp and mix it up and then put it back in the can. I do that about twice a week for 30 days. At the end of those 30 days, is the soil ready to go?

aleYarok

aleYarok

yes add water. no dont poke holes. you want the moisture to stay inside so the soil keeps cooking.
i think i opened my trashcan of super soil maybe twice. it was still moist a month later.
it doesnt need to mixed every couple days. i do as subcool does. mix, put in trash can, wet and just let it fucking sit for a month or two. then before you use it give it one more good mix and your good to go.

warning: treat all your soil with stuff for fugnas nats this year... watch this
http://www.youtube.com/user/subcool420#p/u/12/fcun2j-WX8A
sub has videos on anything you can imagine

S

Shcmade420

you'll love the supersoil have used the last few yrs. altough i've never put in the trash can. i always left it in the kiddie pool to have easier access to it. also cooked faster this way. hope you enjoy. i also added sucanat to the water when wetting it down. could totally tell the diff on that run

lazarus718

lazarus718

You don't need to poke holes bro, you're not keeping an animal in there. Add H2O, increase the heat around it if you want it to happen quicker. I partially agree with the other dude who said you can let it sit basically anywhere and the biological processes will occur, however, they'll occur exponentially faster if you do what Farmer Jon suggested.

N

naturalmedicine

Ok. How much water should I add before putting it in the can? What does the Sucanat do for it, increase micro organism activity? Should I play it safe and wait 45 days if my average temps will be 60-70 during the day and 45-55 at night?

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

I've been using Subcool's supersoil in 100gallon smart pots. I love this stuff!!! I still do feed lightly during transition and bloom though. So far so good - probably the healthiest looking crop of my mine yet! big ups to subcool for putting this recipe out there.

half baked

half baked

im just in the process of sourcing the ingredients for subs soil (not easy in the uk lol) i'm hearing such great things about it, cant wait!!!

peace hb

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

For years I ran a super soil. Water only. Worked great.

I used this recipe.

1 bag Fox Farm Light Warrior
1 bag Fox Farm Ocean Forest
1 bag Fox Farm Happy Frog potting soil
1/2 bag fox farm big and chunky perlite
1 cup Fox Farm piece of mind Starter mix
1 cup Fox Farm Piece of Mind Fruit and Flower

You do not have to let this cook in the sun like Subcool's mix. I would veg for 30 day's flower for 60 day's. Average 8 ounces a plant or more. At day of flower I top dress again with 3/4 cup of fruit and flower and water only. After 5 week's I would use molasses. You do not need molasses but it helps.
Would fox farm ocean forest with a living soil/super soil work was thinking of mix that to see what happens

Latest posts

Top Bottom