Any other michigan med patients here?

• Thread starter Sporulater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sporulater

Hello, everybody! Yes I am a noob and I am wondering if there are any other michiganders here.

Motarebel

Motarebel

Quite a few of us actually. I've still got more tests to run before my doc will think about giving me a scrip and it might just turn out i have to head for the southfield clinic to get my card.

T

Thick Smoke

i am currently in michigan. i am prolly gonna move here.

S

Sporulater

Wow mota, you're in Michigan? You're kind of a legend around the forum scene. No shit? Thick smoke, I am in "the D"

J

jdubz206

thcf will give you an auth in MI as long as you have qualifying condition and have a doctor's visit within the last 3 months.

S

Sporulater

What's an auth? I do have a qualifying condition and so does my room mate.

J

jdubz206

doctor's authorization

btw, you might want to delete that question out of purkle's thread...just a suggestion do whatever ya want :D

S

Sporulater

Oh, yeah I know about the authorization but no cards til april 4 th.

B

Bud Garret

My son inlaw has an appt next month. Has anyone been there yet?

S

Sporulater

I know a couple of people, one guy said they want you to have a doctors recommendation but I would just go down there, he tried to camm and ask them a bunch of questions first and then wondered why they didn't wanna tell him nothin. It's in southfield but it will still have the detoit mentality.

J

jdubz206

umm...don't just go down to thcf..they're not going to see you...this isn't a walk-in clinic..must treat the place with respect...you need to call & make an appointment...first you fax in your paperwork...yes you have to have a qualifying condition and need dr. records to prove it...a dr's visit within the last 3 months is required...if you get your appointment, you will 100% without a doubt get an authorization...if you don't get your appointment, your records either aren't current or you don't qualify...THCF is all around the country..i think they have offices in every state where mmj is legal...they're not the best mmj clinic or anyhting but they do go to court for their patients and they are helping lots of people get they mmj authorizations...in most states besides cali, it's not always easy to find a doc that will recommend mmj even with a qualifying condition...just my 2 cents

Motarebel

Motarebel

Went for a checkup today and to discuss my condition. My doc blew me away as he was well informed this time as compared to Dec. when he didn't even want to talk about it. We were talking about meds and he said no med cards untill april so we'll try these untill then. I go see a neurologist next month but the magic words "chronic back pain" as a diagnosis is all i need, the polymyocytis or possibly multiple sclerosis were downers but i don't think i have MS from the research i've done. It's all up to the panel or clinic but it sounds like my doc is gonna do the right thing. I'm trying not to get too jacked but i'm stoked thinking about getting my life back and being legal to boot.

J

jdubz206

right on mota, bro..glad to hear things are working out for ya...sorry to hear about the diagnosis but good to hear u don't have MS..that's cool you have a good doc too..they're hard to come by most places...my regular don't won't write any mmj authorizations so i have to go to a different doctor...$200 a year but totally worth it to be legal and not have to worry...

B

Bud Garret

Mota hope things work out for ya. I belive it took 3weeks to a month to get an appt. at THCF.

B

Bud Garret

I will check with Him But I belive he said it was Dr. Eisenbud

B

Bud Garret

The forms for the MDCH were made available as of yesterday and registration is on 4/6/09

K

kill-9

Went for a checkup today and to discuss my condition. My doc blew me away as he was well informed this time as compared to Dec. when he didn't even want to talk about it. We were talking about meds and he said no med cards untill april so we'll try these untill then. I go see a neurologist next month but the magic words "chronic back pain" as a diagnosis is all i need, the polymyocytis or possibly multiple sclerosis were downers but i don't think i have MS from the research i've done. It's all up to the panel or clinic but it sounds like my doc is gonna do the right thing. I'm trying not to get too jacked but i'm stoked thinking about getting my life back and being legal to boot.

Good luck with that. At least your doc has a fluidic mindset. I'm surprised you live in Michigan, I would have figured you were somewhere on the west coast. :bong2:

Top Bottom