Any success with no to low reservoir change, just keep topping w/ R/O and nutes

• Thread starter HighTolerance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HighTolerance

Hey guys the longest I ran without a reservoir change was 4 weeks and the plants were really good, due to some circumstances i had to take my system apart so currently i am just hand watering.

For 4 weeks I just kept topping the reservoir with r/o water with nutes. I am growing in coco. The nutes I am using are cashcrop by dutchglory. I am assuming that certain nutes will be better for low to no reservoir changes.

I know folks that follow the lucas formula have tried this with success.

Any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

K

KushMaster707

My buddy didnt change his res durring the whole veg stage 4 weeks and everything has been growing fantastic now on its 2nd week into flowering. he flushs them weekly now b/c not tryin to take a chance with any build up.

B

Burton420

Yo! Im growing in coco, recirc. the water and i dont change the water out till harvest. hehehehe :smiley_joint: I add nutes once a week to disired ppm's and top off the res with water about half way through the week. As long as your ph is correct and your plants are eating the nutes you shouldnt have to change out the water.:420:

G

GroHi

HT~ likely it will depend on environmental factors, assuming the plants are vigorously healthy. The more plants/the bigger/the more growth = more frequent change outs... just to be safe. At 10 days, for me, I've changed my rez volume out twice already... that's about my limit wh I start to worry on the chem balance... also have to start pH'n it much more frequently...

To tell you the truth, find coir pretty damn forgiving towards a number of different styles. Seen posts where some flush not one bit & conduct zero change outs... some pretty big grows too, so...?

J

Jalisco Kid

If you did a side by side grow you would change your rez more often. Because a plant is green and growing will not mean much when you see the other with bigger flowers. JK

T

The Geneticist

Every 5 days man. Trust me. Kill Kill Kill buds bro

B

Burton420

Here is some picks of my flower room day 30 now. I havnt changed out the res since they went into this room. lol I couldnt imagine changing out 6 40 gallon res. every 5 days thats just crazyness.
Had a few more picks but they wouldnt upload. Ill try to get some night picks up.:rasta2:

IMG 3213
IMG 3215
Top Bottom