Any Tobacco smokers?

• Thread starter Kalcu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kalcu

So there is a new tax going into effect, strange but it raises the tax on pipe tobacco and role your own the most.

I swear, sometime in my life tobacco will cost the same as cannabis (at least schwag).

I would think they would leave role your own and pipe tobacco alone, otherwise you promote filters that increase pollution (these things darn near never break down).

I can see the future, people selling tobacco like back when the Mafia would steal shipment trucks. Just like moonshine, people growing and selling untaxed tobacco.

Apparently all these billions of dollars from the new tax increase goes to children's health care! I'm not sure, but I think they could be pretty much taken care of with all that money (then again not as taken care of as the medical staff).

Anyhow, I thought that perhaps there may be some tobacco users around. I haven't seen the new prices yet, April 1st is the date that things should be seen. A pouch of role your own should be about two dollars more. Darn near seven bucks if you smoke some quality role your own, I remember when a pack was around three (then before that probably around 80 cents, and back in the day a nickle was a proud coin).:cool0041:

R

Rural_GrowOp

Man where I'm at they raised prices on march 15 to 5.50 and they go up again april 1. I'm thinking your right about them being as expensive as cannabis before too long.

H

herby

Only 8.50 a carton for me. I have my GF from overseas send them from the PI though. I send her 100.00 she sends me 4 cartons and keeps the rest but they only cost her 8.50 a carton anyway LOL.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
the trick is to smoke the herb pure, fuck all that tobacco that REALLY does serious damage/.
G81

K

Kalcu

Well I don't mix tobacco and hash or cannabis like Europeans do. But a cig after a nice couch lock indica is very relaxing, they both have health hazards. Of course tobacco is consumed in larger quantities but some people do smoke huge amounts of cannabis (not being hash).

Hash is really much "better" for you, that or vaporizing. Vaporizing tobacco would be a much better way to go, but most vaporizers are cumbersome for the tobacco user.

Think how a lot of blunt users get off on saying how many blunts they smoke a day? Of course that is a tobacco rap too, I for one really don't like blunts. Most often filled with schwagg and there only purpose is to smoke down a group and get everyone toasty.

I'm thinking about growing my own tobacco, it would be cheap and offset the cost of buying any.

Smoking tobacco and cannabis are about equal in health risks/damages, it really depends on the quality and amounts consumed. I'm sure the chemi tobacco isn't good, nor the chemi cannabis; just say know to schwagg for health reasons!

K

koopa troopa

quit and you don't have to worry about price increases.

my dad died at 40... one of my buddies just quit and his blood pressure is back to normal.

N

Nuglover

Well I don't mix tobacco and hash or cannabis like Europeans do. But a cig after a nice couch lock indica is very relaxing, they both have health hazards. Of course tobacco is consumed in larger quantities but some people do smoke huge amounts of cannabis (not being hash).

Hash is really much "better" for you, that or vaporizing. Vaporizing tobacco would be a much better way to go, but most vaporizers are cumbersome for the tobacco user.

Think how a lot of blunt users get off on saying how many blunts they smoke a day? Of course that is a tobacco rap too, I for one really don't like blunts. Most often filled with schwagg and there only purpose is to smoke down a group and get everyone toasty.

I'm thinking about growing my own tobacco, it would be cheap and offset the cost of buying any.

Smoking tobacco and cannabis are about equal in health risks/damages, it really depends on the quality and amounts consumed. I'm sure the chemi tobacco isn't good, nor the chemi cannabis; just say know to schwagg for health reasons!

Dude, I don't even know where to begin with this here. All I'm gonna say is you really should educate yourself a little bit before you just spout stuff like this. Tobacco kills hundreds of thousands of people each year in the U.S. alone.There has been not one documented case of death due to cannabis in all of recorded history. Do some research before you type...please.

N

Nuglover

quit and you don't have to worry about price increases.

my dad died at 40... one of my buddies just quit and his blood pressure is back to normal.

Sorry to hear about your Dad bro. I just recently quit myself after almost 20 yrs.Best thing I ever did. Only take my meds now. :)

ConceptOfSleep

ConceptOfSleep

Im a tobacco smoker, and I actually have been rolling my own ciggarettes for close to 5 years now...

I buy my tobacco from a local smokeshop for $19.99 a pound....with the upcoming tax changes, they are adding almost $25 dollars to that price JUST IN TAXES!!!!! That means the shops will most likely up the prices as well, meaning that I will be paying close to $50 a pound... Even with this tax increase, a pack of 20 hand rolled ciggarettes is still less than $3 but it still pisses me off.

I love how Obama's first promise to end all taxes on the poor was absolutely forgotten... I roll my own ciggarettes because of how much cheaper it is....You dont see millionaires rolling there own, so its basically a tax tagetted to poorer tobacco smokers.

Ughh either way, I went and grabbed 5 pounds of Tobacco today since the Tax goes into effect April 1st, so I should be set for a few months with all of that... too bad I dont have a humidor that large to keep it as fresh as possible, but the sealed bags do a good job at that.

I do feel extremely sorry for those people who are going to be paying out the ass per carton or pack of commercially available ciggarettes.

Ive quit before for 2 yrs, but then fell back off the wagon during my final year of college....writing my senior thesis and the countless hours of research just had me dying for a ciggarette. Its a lil frustrating writing 100 or so pages, so I let myself fall right back to my pack a day habit.

Perhaps after the 5 lbs I bought today are gone and the price has been launched to the stratosphere, ill be giving it up again for good.

:smiley_joint:

K

Kalcu

Koopa Troopa, sorry to hear about your dad.

Nug lover, you don't have a clue what your talking about. There being deaths due to cannabis is pretty vague, a lot of people that have died in connection with smoking cannabis; probably smoked cigs too. Smoke just isn't that great for you, no matter what your smoking or even smoked foods. There really are not a lot of studies into the health effects of smoking cannabis that contribute to death. Mostly since a lot of cannabis smokers that die from smoking probably smoked tobacco too.

I'm still pretty young, I was an athlete for a long time; but I know smoking ANYTHING has taken a toll. I don't confuse tobacco and cannabis as being the same hazard, but they are similar when you smoke. But I don't smoke nearly as much cannabis as tobacco, I just don't need to inhale that much smoke from cannabis.

Cannabis is not perfectly safe, I do know that the criminal area of what the law does with societies views are not wise. Cannabis has it's issues, it is up to people to decide what is worthy for them at the costs associated with the risks.

I will probably never quite smoking tobacco, cutting back is good but with my lifestyle it just probably won't happen. I would like to quite if I ever go back to jail for an extended period and get through the most part of the withdrawal.

But really, honestly saying that cannabis has no documented deaths is pretty wrong. Cannabis in itself has not been documented to cause a death, but mostly because of other exposures. That and we know that people have made decisions on cannabis that have lead to their death. A father figure in my life knew a guy that wrecked his car after getting stoned his first time. Well, this guy was probably driving a muscle car (the 70's) and probably drove like a mad man before getting stoned. But drugs are a complex issue, the social education just doesn't cover the full spectrum of reality.

It is true however, that when you bring up the politics of cannabis verses the legality of tobacco and alcohol. That you are making a point, but that point is not that cannabis does not have health risks. The safest way of ingesting cannabis would be an alcohol tincture with a little vaporizing here and there. Anything foreign in the lungs is not good, there is just no way around that. But even the chemicals in cannabis do affect organs in the body and neural signals. It just isn't as dramatic as other drugs, even legal ones; so that is the beef. But it isn't as if changes do not occur, or that there could always never be any possibility of cannabis contributing to health issues (just a lot of times, people find it is to small of a worry).

What gets me though, is that sooooo many work environments expose people to to many hazards. Then they are told how to live their private life when what they do, is likely to be far less dangerous than at work.

So anyhow, Cannabis has contributed to many deaths; in reality you cannot even say that tobacco has caused deaths. Just because every body reacts differently, some people live to be very old smoking tobacco when another may die in their twenties from oral tobacco "causing" cancer. There are just so many variables that contribute to cancer, but yes tobacco is a big indicator, it is very powerful.

My way of seeing cause of death is a direct and sudden reaction, other than that it is a contributing factor. I'm sure that cannabis wouldn't help you survive a high dose of benzi's (they both work with GABA) or other depressants. But no coriner is going to find a list of drugs in someones toxicological report and say," yep, there it is, the cannabis did it".

But yes it hasn't been proven that cannabis has in itself caused any deaths. But 8 blunts a day isn't that good for you and there are people that smoke like that. I bet if they really searched for people that only smoked LOADS of cannabis, that there would be a shorter life span and higher rates of organ problems (I know that cannabis impacts a few, but it can also be good for your heart like wine and maybe you sleep better so you live longer....less stress and so forth).....and maybe even higher rates of cancer, but less than tobacco (which there has never been a study to separate organic tobacco and work environments from tobacco studies......or even lifestyles.

Like I said, a lot of variables. Not trying to start a rant against weed, but excessive is excessive. Imagine if people were smarter and turned those eight blunts into hash, but people like to just burn things.....without getting technical and sophisticated (hash was pretty high tech several thousand years ago and still can be, THANKS BUBBLE MAN!)

Anyhow, I have done research and have understood what I read. Try thinking with less personal emotions attached to the information that you read. You will get a broader sense, people getting emotional doesn't really help the area of cannabis legalization/decriminalization.

I would bet that there are less health risks of more potent pot than smoking that same amount of cannabinoids from a more field strain (as a whole bud, in it's impotent form). I do agree that the actual desired chemicals in cannabis have very minimal health risks, than the plant itself. You could smoke any plant and have problems, smoke just isn't the best for the lungs.

Imagine how many plants you would have to smoke to get all the resin that bubble man smokes. That much plant matter that is unneeded just cannot ever be good for you, just never. I am certain that if people vaporized organic tobacco, the health risks would probably be as good for you as "cannabis", the oils. The Cannabis plant is a separate issue than the oils, we live in a time where we can separate and be very technical about what we imply.

It is true however, that there are health benefits to what we are ingesting these herbs for. The way we ingest these herbs just are not the best for us. Cannabis can help certain things and so can nicotine (memory areas mostly).

So, it's all very relative.....in fact just the right amount of cannabis might help you not get cancer from smoking tobacco (or even get it, who knows). There are studies that indicate that woman that worked third shift and were exposed to CFL lights, had higher rates of cancer. This was due to melatonin being all messed up and lower in these people. Well cannabis raises melatonin a great deal and there are indicators that higher melatonin levels results in lower risks of cancer.

The only really obvious issue that doctors see with cannabis, are respiratory issues. I don't even think the short term memory is all that big of a deal, but I smoke tobacco and that helps that........soooo:mad0233:

I am not pushing any issue and I wish people on either side of the fence wouldn't take offense. I understand people standing up for their own views, that is a right. But pushing views is an issue, other than that Grey area where our view being noticed, observed and respected helps us maintain or gain freedoms. I don't like hearing how drug free wanna be's (nobody is drug free) say that they just don't want it. Well, they don't have it if they don't want, they just don't want anyone to have it but don't have the balls to put it that way. But I don't like drug users saying things that are just emotional bullshits, drugs are never harmless just perhaps often 99.9% harmless. People just get so freaked out about their bodies, the psychological aspects of cannabis are actually the greatest risk and we all know that. People might hear things about weed when they are stoned and just learning and totally wig out. So a persons reaction psychologically has a lot to do with the physical reaction. If someone has panic attacks every time they smoke, that will impact the heart and circulation system...resulting in a shorter life if kept up and a lower immune system.

So these bold statements are never fair or proper, life is just to darn vast.

I prefer to sit on the fence (preferably with a little butt crack hanging out), that is where the truth is being debated anyway.

P

ProGroWannabe

What a post kalcu! Great read.

Might I add one small tid-bit? You illuded to this, but didn't come right out with it. The issue for any smoker of any substance is the combustion process. The act of burning any substance releases a toxic cocktail of carbons in various forms. It's these combustion by-products that fill the lungs full of the nasties.

K

Kalcu

Yes, very true. But on the other hand, even vaporizing puts things in your lungs but it is a good stretch from combustion.

I could use a vap that is about the size of a cig........maybe even kinda squishy like one.

In reality, our cars are worse than using a vap occasionally. People still wouldn't like the resin staining their lungs an unusual color.

There are some real health freaks out there, yet they all still drive cars.

H

hazyfontazy

you guys have got it cheap ,,,

in the uk a 50 gramm pack of rolling tobacco will cost around $17.50 and 20 kingsize cigs around $8,,,

i quit after 25 years with no assistance ,nothing to do with cost i just realised its a mugs game ,doesent get u high and kills you ...i decided i wanted to live longer ...

lets start a lets quit tobacco thread not moan about the price

B

British_Hempire

Hear hear Hazy, I'm still trying to quit, damn addictive shit!

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

i hope all you guys are able to quit one day, if not i hope you guys get clean tobacco and roll your own cigs like concept instead..even though tobacco isnt that great for you its the additives in the cigs that do the most damage....native americans have smoked tobacco for a looong time but they used it in more of a ritualistic way and less of a compulsive way like most americans do. what it all comes down to is if im gonna put something harmful in my body.the positives must out wiegh the negatives and i havent met one cigarette smoker that can say this about tobacco. ive actually never smoked cigarettes, only tried black and milds once when i was young and i was so disgusted that i never touched tobacco again..i wish all you guys luck in quitting

O

Old Yeller

You know, the mention of growing your own tobacco has some merit. A couple of years ago a friend gave me a tobacco plant & i grew it to 6' tall - a beautiful plant with elephant leaves & small, delicate flowers. I harvested the leaves, slow dried them in my garden shed & gave some to a friend who rolled & smoked it for 4 months - he loved it...
In the garden they act as a natural insecticide - didn't have any spider mites on my tomatoes that year. They do take up a bit of space - you need to keep it about 2 feet away from anything growing on either side.
There are some places you can buy the seeds - and i mean a 100 different varieties from cigarette to pipe to cigar & even the special leaves they use to roll the tobacco with.
Extra fine, organic grown tobacco from your garden - i'm talking myself into it right here.

N

Nuglover

You didn't have to tell anyone that you're young. Your ignorance did that for you. I don't even know where to begin with this croc of shit you typed.I never said smoking wasn't a health hazzard. I said pot never killed anyone.Smoking anything can't be good but noone ever got cancer from pot. The cannabinoids in pot actually kill cancer cells. There have actually been thousands of studies on cannabis. Not 1 done by independant research has found anything harmful about it, with the excepyion of MAYBE gum disease which I'm pretty sure never killed anybody. Tobacco kills even when it's not smoked. Tobacco draws radioactive material from the ground and the air like a magnet and it's released when it's smoked or chewed. That with the nicotine in tobacco that by itself is a deadly toxin.These FACTS mixed with the 100plus chemicals added to tobacco make it deadly. Long opinionated posts don't impress me...facts do.You really should get more before you type again. I would love to see where you get your "facts" from. All I've seen so far is opinion and conjecture from someone who probably isn't old enough to buy beer. I'll only respond to this thread in the future if you can come up with something solid to base your opinions on.

B

British_Hempire

Nuglover, there was no call to be so hostile, please refrain from any further instances of being so hostile, it is completely unnecessary. If you wish to disagree with someone, that is fine, but leave the hostility aside and debate in a reasonable, polite fashion.

GreenMan420

GreenMan420

You know, the mention of growing your own tobacco has some merit. A couple of years ago a friend gave me a tobacco plant & i grew it to 6' tall - a beautiful plant with elephant leaves & small, delicate flowers. I harvested the leaves, slow dried them in my garden shed & gave some to a friend who rolled & smoked it for 4 months - he loved it...
In the garden they act as a natural insecticide - didn't have any spider mites on my tomatoes that year. They do take up a bit of space - you need to keep it about 2 feet away from anything growing on either side.
There are some places you can buy the seeds - and i mean a 100 different varieties from cigarette to pipe to cigar & even the special leaves they use to roll the tobacco with.
Extra fine, organic grown tobacco from your garden - i'm talking myself into it right here.

You have that link to the site with the seeds? If so could you post it. Thanks. :rasta:

Top Bottom