Any Veterans Out There?

• Thread starter Storm Raven
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Storm Raven

Storm Raven

Hello fellow veterans. I served in the regular army for 6 years then joined the national guard for combined 21 years of service.

How many other vets out there?

Anyone interested in starting a veterans for the legalization of marijuana organization?

putembk

putembk

I joined the National Guard to keep from getting drafted after dropping out of college. Hated it! After about 3 years I went ahead and went active to get it over with. Stayed in country the whole time. Basic and AIT at Ord and the last 18 months at Carson. I was lucky to have such good duty posts. First and only time I ever worked for the Gov't.....biggest waste of man power and $$$ I have ever seen.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Yep...served with the 3/505 Airborne Infantry at Ft. Bragg for 4 years. Sure wish I woulda had better sense and gone into a field that actually translates into a civi job once you get out. Did the 5k$ enlistment bonus for Airborne Infantry with no GI Bill (if I woulda had the sense to go to College my parents would have gladly paid but I was too fuckin hard headed for that)...live and learn LOL. MGG

organicpanic

organicpanic

Yep Ive been in the Guard close to 10. Working full time for them for 7. 1 tour in Iraq.Huge waste of money for the most part. Hopefully only a couple to go. My councious has been getting the best of my lately. About time to get out. Thanks to all that served and serving,

putembk

putembk

Sooooo..... here is an interesting question. Oh, and observation. How many volunteered and how many had no choice? I have found more peeps with my attitude were forced to play....all I wanted to do was be a hippie with long hair. FTA!

Storm Raven

Storm Raven

Sooooo..... here is an interesting question. Oh, and observation. How many volunteered and how many had no choice? I have found more peeps with my attitude were forced to play....all I wanted to do was be a hippie with long hair. FTA!

I joined in 79 after the draft ended. However, I failed to register for Selective Service and joined the army as a paratrooper. While serving as a paratrooper in Alaska I get a really nasty letter from Selective Service saying I failed to register and could be fined, imprisoned and barred from federal employment. I took the letter to my 1SG who snatched it from my hand and told me to get the hell out of his office. I never heard back from Selective Service and never registered.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A few years ago we had a thread for veterans that lead me to find my old high school friends. I'm trying to find it, cat named Lazarus I believe started it. We've had vets come and go here, totally understandable, but it'd be nice to keep a gathering place for all of you.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

@FlyinJStable is a veteran and the guy is a total DIAMOND.he really takes care of his fellow vets.well he,s great with everyone of course but inparticular his veteran brothers.
Wow
Thanks Bro,
I just try and do my part and in turn that helps me out to
I did 22 active from 83-04 But the last 18 mths in Medical Hospital getting fixed-Up, The gulf was Hard on the FlyJ Man
Thats why I am 100% MMJ advocate Now My story is same as most PTSD Vets
to meny Pills not enough real Help
Til the Farm Entered and Changed the way I see the world and take care of myself, with the help of all of you This Monster of the Green was created and I just had to share with every one who would listen and give Herb an honest shot helping them.
The weed 4 warriors is a Great place to share and yes We need to stick together, there is Power among the Masses. With enough of us Veterans, Change will no longer be an IF, But a When.....
GREAT Thread.
FlyJ

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
For the last 4 years or so we have brought veggie starts down to the fly shop/bar where for some reason several vets, mostly Viet era gather for a Sunday drinking session.
We bring down around 50 to 75 starts, this year lot of different varieties of tomatoes.
One fella is in rough shape, walks with a cane, hunched over, struggling health wise no doubt.
He has told me he also has PTSD and sometimes he thinks he should end it all.
Today he told me that last year those tomatoes saved him as he was having a breakdown and was contemplating but those tomatoes needed watering so fuck that shit he said.
I hope this helps the other fellas, they will definitely take em and plant them...

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I am walking talking proof that It dose not take a Hand full of pilz and a Friggin dozen PH.D-ed Guys wearing lab coats
to Fix this Vet,
Just a few words on a forum
some great conversations
and a Garden of Dreams.
Its is proving itself more and more every Day.
Time to water my Ladies....
Peace

Top Bottom