Anybody Else Using Roots Organics...?

• Thread starter Snookster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Snookster

I brought 3 bags yesterday...the only thing this super soil doesn't have that I can immediately see is Mycorrihaze, which I will pick up tomorrow. What kind of ferts are you using on yours? Doing 50/50 with Coco?? I would like to hear from all that are using this unique soil and how your using it.

hubcap

hubcap

ROOTS ORGANICS NATURAL & ORGANIC POTTING SOIL
(c&p)
A truly exceptional ready-to-use coco fiber-based potting soil. We begin with a base of the highest quality coco fiber/Coir on the plant which is repeatedly washed for an incredibly low EC, and composted for over twenty-four months, and is specially blended with extra long fibers. This soil is amended with only the highest quality organic ingredients including bat guano, premium earth worm castings, fish bone meal, feather meal, green sand, mycorrihzae, glacial rock dust, soybean meal, humic acid, and many more. Already blended with correct proportions of perlite and pumice for excellent drainage and a vigorous root system, Roots Organics potting soil encourages healthier plants and better yields. Comes in a heavy-duty, ready-to-grow, 1.5 cu ft/10 gal, camoflauge print bag; simply poke holes in the bottom, cut off the top, and plant.

-ive never used it-
but
-sounds to me... its jive right out of the bag.
-id use my earth juice regime with it and feel pretty comfortable. prolly use a pH around 6.2 or .3 and start there.
heres the link i plagerized.....http://www.horticulturesource.com/product_info.php/products_id/2545

it also states that myco IS in the mix already, snookster....bonus.

also hang tight. this stuff sounds real good. im certain a farmer or two has given this a shot...
theyll swing thru if they catch the thread, im sure...

hubcap

hubcap

might wanna have this moved to the organic soil section, snookster

itll get move views.

ask a mod.

-hub

T

Time

I tried it twice and switched back to FFOF. All that extra coco keeps the medium damp for several days and I prefer mine to dry out much faster.

W

warlock

I started using their soil last year and it is the best premade soil I have ever used. It does not burn seedlings or clones.

I

indodoja

yea hydro guy up here said he ran out of ff, so i tried roots. i had 5 seedlings suddenly die in different intervals, and i cant figure out why. roots dose not seem to drain that well either. ...i thinking about switching back as well.

Q

Qman

Well I switched over to Roots Organic from FF all I did was add 15% (with FF I would add 30%) Perilite to give me better drainage. When I was using FF it would take 4-5 days to dry out, and I have good net bottom pots, now with Roots when I water I can hear the water suck on the way through, and the soil dries out in 3 days max. Like another post, FF has started adding ALOT of sawdust (truckloads) since their sales shot through the roof, 3-4 years ago they did not have this problem.

I also use all Aurora nutes in my regimine both Roots Organic and Soul Grow, I also use Voodoo juice.
I now water @6.2 and get the same runoff (FF, I had to add lime)

AquaLabTech

AquaLabTech

Hashish Connoisseur
Aqua Serene

Roots Organics was developed by the owner of the small chain of Hydro Stores, Aqua Serene in Oregon.

Very cool guy and knows alot about growing plants.

If you live in Oregon you can check them out here:

Aqua Lab Tech

R

Redux

I've used Roots stuff with great success. My favorite for an off-the-shelf mix is something like 65% FFOF and 35% Roots Hydro blend.

Very cool guy and knows alot about growing plants.
I've chatted with him myself a few times and the store I frequent gets good reviews from me.

I

indodoja

Whew! i can really smell the organic a week after the dirt was rebaged. assfunk. reconcidering

Aqua Serene is a nice shop.

J

joebean91

I recently started using Oregonism , from Roots I believe . Seems like good stuff so far

S

SolidGold

I'm about to give the 30gal bales of Roots 707 mix a shot in some outdoor spots. I'll report back with my findings.

M

med.botany

im currently using FFOF and ROOTS organic...but im having a cal/mag problem in my FFOF and i just picked up a Romulan clone from the clinic and put her straight into ROOTS..she's lovin it and taking off now..I add more perlite for better drainage too..
using FF nutes too for right now

R

ReelBusy1

Like another post, FF has started adding ALOT of sawdust (truckloads) since their sales shot through the roof, 3-4 years ago they did not have this problem.

is that why a lot of us are hitting PH and cal-mag problems with FF soils?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Using Roots soil to an Alt to FFOF and wont go back. They Seem to be loving it
35116d1243450362-400w-cab-soil-grow-cascadia-01.jpg

4 Dragons

4 Dragons

I was a FoxFarm user until I switched over to Roots. This time around I will mix the soil with their soiless to lighten it up a bit. I use their nutes too, Orgonism rules for root development and I just bought Extreme Serene, Ancient Amber and another one that I forgot to add to the main three that I already use.

yezmar420

yezmar420

I use the roots soilless mix and it's a lot better than the botanicare stuff I used to use...the trinity is a good product also...

Latest posts

Top Bottom