Anybody Else Using Roots Organics...?

• Thread starter Snookster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

organicdave

I love this stuff! Ive tried it straight and even half and half with their soiless mix just to see how it worked out. Tested it straight against their soiless mix too. Got better results with the soil than with the soiless.
I now just mix their soil half and half with chunky perlite and my plants absolutely love it!
Summer time = little less perlite/ winter time = little more.
Love it!

S

Sirius

anyone else use the 707? they were vending up in mendo the past weekend. i talked to the man and he said it wasnt as hot so you dont have to wait to start pumpin nutes... that was the only problem i have had with the reg so im gonna try the 707 with my reserva privada #18...

4 Dragons

4 Dragons

I haven't used the 707 but I like the way it sounds. I'm planning for my next time to mix the soil with the soiless and see where that goes. I just bought the rest of their nute lineup and my plants are kicking out the frost!

S

selfhemployed

I use it with biobizz nutrients and have had great results. Although I have also noticed that water retention is high sometimes it takes almost six days for my 5 gal smart pots to dry out. I'm interested in subcools super soil using Roots Organics as the base.

Anyone have any experience with the super soil?

P

pigfarmer

This current run I vegged 1gal Coco plants for 28 days, dropped them into 5gal smart pots of Sub's Supersoil & vegged for 1 more week b4 flower. I used 3 different base mixes & added all the ammendments to each to do side by sides with the Chemdog...

I used the Roots, Organicare PureEarth & Pro-Mix HP...

The roots is by far the worst... The Promix & PureEarth are a step above at this point in yield & they both dry out much faster then the roots... The only thing I mix with my R/0 water is 1/2tsp/gal of cal-mag & a 1tsp/gal of Floranectar to feed the bennies. PH 6.2-6.4ish.

After my testing, my future Subsoil will be built with a Promix base as it is the cheapest. :damnhippie:

G

greengooroo

I started using their soil last year and it is the best premade soil I have ever used. It does not burn seedlings or clones.

I havent had any luck with ROOTS.Ive tried it twice and all i get is slow pail yellowish growth . My mix is
1 part ROOTS
1 part perlite
1 part worm castings
1 part black forest compost

I use the same mix with f.f.o.f. and Happy frog and my garden is lush green and very alive ... :fixed:

yezmar420

yezmar420

I just finished up a harvest using Roots Soil + Earth Juice, check out my thread in the photography section..

First time using soil and I'm liking it so far....

B

bngrips

I was ready to drive the extra distance for the roots organic until this thread. I was torn between roots and FFOF, then the guy at the store showed me this pro-mix stuff....So go with the cheapest then? I'm looking to make some of subs supersoil. Sounds like roots is the way to go if you add some perlite and/or coco for aeration.

S

swede1950

I have had good luck with Roots. I mix 3 parts Roots with 1 part worm castings and 1 part large Perilite. This will hold for seedlings at least 2-3 weeks without suppliments. I then use Foxfarm Grow Big full strength every other water until time to flower about five to six weeks for me. I then switch to Foxfarm Big Bloom full strength every other water until about 4 weeks to harvest (I usually substitiute 2 of these waterings with Grow Big just to make sure Nitrogen stays good). I then switch to Foxfarm Tiger Bloom until several waterings from harvest time at which time I flush with pure water. It works for me - the only drawback I have had is sometimes I have to spritz the top down with water real good before I start watering to aid absorbtion. I try to water when it is quite so I can hear when the soil begins to percolate, that is a true test of if the soil is working properly. I don't know where you are located but I ran across a website that is offering Roots 1.5 cu. ft. bags for about $11, which is about half of normal price. Below is the link. Happy growing.

M

MT Farmer

I use it and I love it. I'm not sure what the difference between their 707 mix and the smaller bags but I like both. I have about 15 in roots and about 6 in FF OF. I use botanicare and some other boosters.

Roots is just a lot nicer to work with all around I think. Great drainage.

S

seabass212

I tried it twice and switched back to FFOF. All that extra coco keeps the medium damp for several days and I prefer mine to dry out much faster.

I thought like you at first, but now have seen it in a whole new light.

I am running half ffof and the other half roots. I will let everyone know how it turns out. So far the roots is smashing on the fox. same feed program on the same day.

bud good

bud good

yeah i got a bag of roots, ffof and perlite mixed it all up worked good but alot of the nutes mixed in the soil washed away when watering, watrer coming out was supa yellow. i like alot of drainage so i added alot of perlite for the clones and seedingling then recycled it a couple times by adding some organicare to it i didnt by all the supplements i needed so its showing some deffiencies like cal or mag but is good stuff ... wanna go with soilless coco or aero next tho ... soils are hard to get rid off when done hence all the recycyling

G

Gnarfbuckle

50/50 roots and black gold with perlite added as needed.

Works great for me, the black gold really helps the roots to dry out quicker and adds more organic matter.

Used Foxfarm nutes with the flowering additives.

justiceman

justiceman

I used their soil straight. Good stuff and it seemed to have generous amounts of perlite, but it ended up compacting and holding to much water in the end. I would definitely reccomend adding 30-40 percent perlite. Other then that. Great stuff.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
soilless.jpg

Diggin it so far:)

justiceman

justiceman

I think the soilless version is probably better. It's the same thing as the soil version except minus the peat. I think it was the peat which held to much water for me. The pure coco soilless version probably dry's out faster.

R

Radio_Dread

im using roots organic this run for a couple plants and i cant really complain. drains great and the plants are thriving in it.

T

TopShelf

Really depends on what im growing. I almost always only grow og's, so the hotter FF works best and just cut it a bit with perlite. OG's tend to eat alot of nutes, pretty close to double the dosage of nute applications. If I grow anything else i use roots so it doesnt burn the girl.

Top Bottom