Anybody Know How To Incorporate Uvc Light Into A Disease/pest Prevention Plan?

• Thread starter Dumb.ass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dumb.ass

Dumb.ass

During my battle with white powdery mildew I bought a
CFL15/UV/MED 120V 15W Self Ballasted Germicidal UV Bulb Lamp CFL15UVMED by Technical Precision
Also got some UVC safety glasses.
I put the bulb it in a clamp light fixture to keep the reflector between the light and me and moved it around in the leaves of one of my infected plants. Exposure was for about a minute overall and it appears I burned the hell out of the plant. Leaves are all twisted and curled. I also bought a UVC sanitizing wand but haven't tried it yet.

Anybody know how to incorporate UVC light into a disease/pest prevention plan?

Michal

Michal

Unless you can automate the process a la a greenhouse array it would prove an on going hassle.

I would be looking to optimize the environment (control), remove weak genetics and apply passive preventatives.

There are exposure recommendations if you look, but have fun converting numbers. Your best bet if you go forward with this is to expose plants incrementally, with 3-4 days rest to observe. Either from high (burn) to low or vice versa.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Johnny b,on you tube runs a wand over em ,every couple of days.seems to work great.id try putting the uv bulb up higher.turn on once,twice a week for a few minutes.see if this works.good luck.

Top Bottom