Anyone else having problems with vapor merch?

• Thread starter airedog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
airedog

airedog

Supporter
When i first started growing in 2003 there were only a few large online Canadian grow shops and other than special orders they sold products they had on hand. As more people grew there were more shops opening and for the most part they also sold items in stock. I took a few years off and started up again with purchases last summer, there were some waits of a week or so for Gorilla tent accessories but nothing unusual. Then i ordered an UnderCurrent system from Growbuds and i waited for months going through several exchanges of emails before eventually getting a refund. I've had problems with some of the nutes i use but most stores are fairly upfront and will send an email saying something is back-ordered. In early April i ordered an orbital wall/floor fan from Indoor Growing that was part of a big sale they were having only to find out a couple of weeks later that this sale item still wasn't in stock; still isn't as of this morning.

Meanwhile other vendors do currently have them in stock, albeit at a higher price point. Thing is, it doesn't matter how deeply discounted the merch is if it doesn't arrive in time. Kinda reminds me of vapor ware for computers, anyone else here having similar vapor-merch issues?

Anthem

Anthem

When i first started growing in 2003 there were only a few large online Canadian grow shops and other than special orders they sold products they had on hand. As more people grew there were more shops opening and for the most part they also sold items in stock. I took a few years off and started up again with purchases last summer, there were some waits of a week or so for Gorilla tent accessories but nothing unusual. Then i ordered an UnderCurrent system from Growbuds and i waited for months going through several exchanges of emails before eventually getting a refund. I've had problems with some of the nutes i use but most stores are fairly upfront and will send an email saying something is back-ordered. In early April i ordered an orbital wall/floor fan from Indoor Growing that was part of a big sale they were having only to find out a couple of weeks later that this sale item still wasn't in stock; still isn't as of this morning.

Meanwhile other vendors do currently have them in stock, albeit at a higher price point. Thing is, it doesn't matter how deeply discounted the merch is if it doesn't arrive in time. Kinda reminds me of vapor ware for computers, anyone else here having similar vapor-merch issues?
I am not sure we have seen the worst of it yet. I am having trouble getting stuff as well. At this point, I try to keep extra stock of stuff on hand rather than thinking the hydro store will have it in stock!

Latest posts

Top Bottom