Anyone Ever Seen Leaves Shaped Like This?

• Thread starter Crypt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Crypt

Good move . The MH will veg her up real nice. Like @MamaBear said already she looks like a polyploid. Does have a bubba look to her. If shes pre 98 cant really say. Veg her another 2-4 weeks under MH then let her ripp into flower. You should be pleased. Heck if you got the time to spare veg her even longer.

If your feeding heavy I would back off on your N a tad. Looks like your right at the edge of N toxicity from the look of the deepness of the green. I cant see a lot of downward tip curl on the leafs which can be another sign. Just sayn to be on the look out. :) Nice plant. With adequate veg time you should have a nice bush. Top her and she will love you for it.

Thanks man! Will be posting updates on the results when the time comes... from all the input you guys have given I'm just glad to have stumbled upon her so at this point whatever she is is fine with me!

That being said, the gal she came off of is a supposed "Pre 98" that still gets ran by a few local heads... no idea on the actual genetics have seen a few of those same clones ranging between a foot and 3 or 4 feet tall recently and my girl in question here bares no resemblance to them in structure, leaf shape, stem smell, nothing.. granted my environment/equipment and the like are quite different so that's gotta be a factor... everywhere I've seen her she's been a minority ran alongside multiple other strains so since the bean actually popped I figured it'd be cool to see what she could do if really focused on and dialed in over time....

Been playing around with different formulas with the GH 3 part so that could be why... last several feeds have been 8ml/gal micro 2ml/gal gro 8ml/gal bloom and 1ml/gal alternating of Armor Si and Diamond Nectar. Should I leave the gro out altogether and cut the additives? I'm in Promix HPCC btw... Thanks for the heads up btw! Have as much time as I need to veg her out and mess with her, not in a rush at all. Like I said, really want to test what she can do when focused on... want to mono-crop her extensively in the future if she ends up being good smoke.

C

Crypt

i got a strain looks almost exactly like that.i even get 11leaf fans.if u defol her she will b something special.keep rippin those heavy/long fans.
Yeah? Would love to see a pic! Interesting with the eleven leaf fans, that's some shit huh? Makes me laugh every time I look at them lol. Thanks btw! Will definitely stay on her... thinned her out real well before her feeding last night and upon checking earlier a few of her top leaves already basically doubled in size!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks man! Will be posting updates on the results when the time comes... from all the input you guys have given I'm just glad to have stumbled upon her so at this point whatever she is is fine with me!

That being said, the gal she came off of is a supposed "Pre 98" that still gets ran by a few local heads... no idea on the actual genetics have seen a few of those same clones ranging between a foot and 3 or 4 feet tall recently and my girl in question here bares no resemblance to them in structure, leaf shape, stem smell, nothing.. granted my environment/equipment and the like are quite different so that's gotta be a factor... everywhere I've seen her she's been a minority ran alongside multiple other strains so since the bean actually popped I figured it'd be cool to see what she could do if really focused on and dialed in over time....

Been playing around with different formulas with the GH 3 part so that could be why... last several feeds have been 8ml/gal micro 2ml/gal gro 8ml/gal bloom and 1ml/gal alternating of Armor Si and Diamond Nectar. Should I leave the gro out altogether and cut the additives? I'm in Promix HPCC btw... Thanks for the heads up btw! Have as much time as I need to veg her out and mess with her, not in a rush at all. Like I said, really want to test what she can do when focused on... want to mono-crop her extensively in the future if she ends up being good smoke.
And if its pre98 it is good stock to make some great crosses with later if your so inclined. As for your feeding I wouldnt freak too much on the N. Just keep and eye out and if you want to be safe back off the N a bit and see and watch for any signs of N deficiencies. But it looks to me like N isnt going to be deficient.

C

Crypt

You got to love those T5 for Veg lol. That plant looks great.
Thanks man that's much appreciated, been trying my best to keep her happy! And damn straight... they are beasts! Been keeping it very cool in there to get that girl up as close as possible to it without burning. Saw some LED T5's (somewhere in the 3-5k spectrum cause they looked to be emitting white light) in person for the first time recently and I was surprised by how cool they stayed while still maintaining the ability to completely blind you lmao

C

Crypt

And if its pre98 it is good stock to make some great crosses with later if your so inclined. As for your feeding I wouldnt freak too much on the N. Just keep and eye out and if you want to be safe back off the N a bit and see and watch for any signs of N deficiencies. But it looks to me like N isnt going to be deficient.
Glad to hear that, absolutely am interested in making several crosses with her... still have to make my own male for that when the time comes but at that point it would be awesome to be able to give out beans of her offspring to see what others can obtain out of her lineage as well. And alright thanks again, I will just keep an eye out then. Was going to try the whole Lucas Formula deal with her but figured it wouldn't hurt to experiment and see if she liked the added N since she's already a stout little thing to begin with lol!

fatawa

fatawa

20170813 105437
They get well over the size of my hand but i defol every 2days on this strain.theres no need for those fans,they cover up all bottom branching so if u pull the larger u get plenty of new shoots.n a wk its easy to make a bouquet of tops

C

Crypt

@fatawa that thing is awesome looking! The way the fingers taper definitely looks the same. Thank you for the tip as well, I will make it a point pull fans off her more often. Only thing that stops me sometimes is they're so interesting to look at lol!

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I would definitely be wondering what my NPK ratios were. Look how purple that stem is. Fatawa@ is it normal for those polyploid s to have purple stems?

C

Crypt

I would definitely be wondering what my NPK ratios were. Look how purple that stem is. Fatawa@ is it normal for those to have purple stems?
Open to any suggestions.. some of them are all purple and some of the surrounding branches next to the purple ones are straight green

C

Crypt

@dnewsome2 should I flush it out for a little while or something or just drop the N and keep feeding as normal?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I don't know if it's a polyploid or whatever I've never had one of those. Did you ever say if you were growing in soil? I would test the soil.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

@dnewsome2 appreciate the link, I'll get on that. And btw my medium is Promix HPCC
You will want to use distilled water for your soil pH test. You can use the appropriate Amendment from your local home improvement store to put your soil pH where you want it. It takes a little while to work though. Anywhere between 6 and 7 is acceptable for soil. Happy growing.

M

MamaBear

Lots of strains have that purple gene so as long as she looks healthy, I'd just keep doing what you're doing.
She'll tell you when she's had enough nutes - burning around the edges of leaves.
Keep watering - they are always thirsty. She'll tell you when you water too much - yellowing of some leaves.
She looks very happy and perfectly normal for a polyploid.

fatawa

fatawa

I would definitely be wondering what my NPK ratios were. Look how purple that stem is. Fatawa@ is it normal for those polyploid s to have purple stems?
n a way ya.i can only speak for mine as idk the science but yes they will,they mature and get huge quick.the one i pulld is only 5days or so from being new growth.if i wud let it go another 5 it wud easily cover my palm.n wen they get that big they giv that droopy helmet head look.wen i get home ill send a pic of mine i keep defold,u can make them pretty special.but his fans r pretty dark so id check npk too.

fatawa

fatawa

20170813 181048
20170813 181032
I will make it a point pull fans off her more often
idh any b4 pics,like i said i defol everyother day or so.but keep them like this n you dnt need to top/fim.just keep direct light on newgrowth,pick off whatever is n the way.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Lots of strains have that purple gene so as long as she looks healthy, I'd just keep doing what you're doing.
She'll tell you when she's had enough nutes - burning around the edges of leaves.
Keep watering - they are always thirsty. She'll tell you when you water too much - yellowing of some leaves.
She looks very happy and perfectly normal for a polyploid.
Sorry i feel I need to chime in here, what the hell are you talking about? Polyploidy? how can you tell visually? I will tell you, you cant. I have seen so many plants from seed and tons of anomalies in both growth habits and leaf malformation. I would never believe off the bat these were triploid or poly. That is seeming nonsense

@Crypt your plant looks fine. short and squat is what you should expect from a Bubba or Bubba s1. expect small flowers and and weak to moderate high, if she is highly reminiscent of the momma. Great luck to you

Top Bottom