Anyone Growing Any Ethos Collective Beans??

• Thread starter jammie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Okiegrows

I found the Apex to be weak in potency as well.
I got some testers from ethos of his apex crossed with orange velvet. It’s called sunburst . Popped two just for fun . Both germinated but one was a twin . First time for a polyembryonic seed for us . My wife did surgery and got them both apart . Month later and they are fucking crushing . So from what I’ve learned about polyembryonic seedlings in cannabis is One seedling is a direct cross of the mom and dad but could be a male or female The other is clone of the mother plant . If true I have a clone of the clone only mother orange velvet . Funny shit is . Miz Jill and Colin are in some sort of law suit over the orange velvet. Now don’t quote me on that shit . Just think it’s funny cause we tagged ethos in it and he posted back give it 120% u won’t regret it . Hahaha

H

hawkman

They are in a temporary room while they transition while i finish the flower room.
First is My Jolly Rancher #1 which was in optimum health until i noticed light burn when i took the picture. Excuse the mess guys!
what are you using for "root" development ??

capt nugs

capt nugs

been seeing some pics on instagram from ethos collective that have been giving me a weed woodie. unfortunately all the pics ive seen have been breeder advertisement pics. anybody have any real world experience or pics?? thanks

been seeing some pics on instagram from ethos collective that have been giving me a weed woodie. unfortunately all the pics ive seen have been breeder advertisement pics. anybody have any real world experience or pics?? thanks
Well I have tried 3 types of feminized seeds and all of them hermorphidites. Been doing this 30 yrs and wasn't sure about feminized seeds but they have issues with their fems. I kept them going and had 4 different looking plants. It is like a litter of mixed puppies, u never know what strain each plant will take after

H

hawkman

Well I have tried 3 types of feminized seeds and all of them hermorphidites. Been doing this 30 yrs and wasn't sure about feminized seeds but they have issues with their fems. I kept them going and had 4 different looking plants. It is like a litter of mixed puppies, u never know what strain each plant will take after
Thanks for the warning !!! the hermie rate is very high ---was considering running some of their strains but now ? So were are you at nopw on this grow ? would you order from them again ? I mean the price of their seeds is expensive and one should not get any hermie"s - or 1 if any. wonder what other's have found out about this (herming) what strains were they ? Peace

hps4891

hps4891

I know this thread is old af but personally I wouldn't grow Ethos purely because of Colin's attitude/ego and the things he stands for and how he conducts his business don't sit right with me. So, I choose not to patronize Ethos. Just my opinion and 2 cents.

H

hawkman

I know this thread is old af but personally I wouldn't grow Ethos purely because of Colin's attitude/ego and the things he stands for and how he conducts his business don't sit right with me. So, I choose not to patronize Ethos. Just my opinion and 2 cents.
wow - please explain - a little I understand an attitude issue - maybe the "hermie" rate reflects his bussiness ? never heard of that high of hermie rate

morugawelder

morugawelder

I've ran his , insane in the membrane , sweet inzanity , and 10 th planet , never had a bean , and all was fire ,
got his citradelic going right now .

Dbear180

Dbear180

I've been really happy with the 5 or 6 ethos strains I've run. Some difference in phenos for sure, but I've never been unhappy with the smoke. No herms either. Most of the stuff in this run was Ethos fem beans. Couldn't tell you how far thru the cycle those were except that end bud was the last week & it was an inzane pheno.
20190928 184234
20190928 184230
20190928 184226
20190928 184222
20190928 184141

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Ok then PART of Mandarine Sunset is chopped with no nanners. She basically finished in 56 days but I am hoping for seeds (selective pollination), so she is still in the dirt..
Terps are wickedly tart and sooooo orangy. It's only been drying 4 days, but it is damn nice smoke and hopefully great rosin.
As a followup..The Mandarin Sunset was very terpy and tasty, but not that potent, so I pushed my luck and chucked some BOG Sour Grape Pollen on her to see. (one branch)
ALMOST got what I wanted in smell, and increased size, but her offspring is in week 6 now and throwing naners like crazy. There is currently nothing in her tent that should be affected, so I try and pluck them off daily.
If it gets worse, she will get El Chopo!!
(Lower left plant)
10 14 19

hps4891

hps4891

wow - please explain - a little I understand an attitude issue - maybe the "hermie" rate reflects his bussiness ? never heard of that high of hermie rate
Nah not just the debatably high herm rate. I used 2 have IG and how he talked to customers and people just asking questions on there came across to me as very short, rude and sarcastic with too much ego for my taste. Maybe a little narcissistic too. And the childish way he seemed to try to bring down his competitors. I strongly feel all cannabis people should try to lift one another up, after all no one else is going to. I realize he came from nothing/homelessness and made something of hisself (good on him, and anyone who is able to do that!), but he talked about that at times like he was the only person whose ever struggled like that. At least thats how it strongly came across to me. Also his super proud opinion on Phylos as well as his "business relationship" with them was what I was referring to specifically as well.

H

hawkman

Nah not just the debatably high herm rate. I used 2 have IG and how he talked to customers and people just asking questions on there came across to me as very short, rude and sarcastic with too much ego for my taste. Maybe a little narcissistic too. And the childish way he seemed to try to bring down his competitors. I strongly feel all cannabis people should try to lift one another up, after all no one else is going to. I realize he came from nothing/homelessness and made something of hisself (good on him, and anyone who is able to do that!), but he talked about that at times like he was the only person whose ever struggled like that. At least thats how it strongly came across to me. Also his super proud opinion on Phylos as well as his "business relationship" with them was what I was referring to specifically as well.

Thanks !! understand now

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah I hear that a lot from friends of mine. They like to try weird cross cross cross cross cross cross strains from random "breeders" online. Lots of herms, poor germ rates, random phenos and sometimes even an entirely different strain from the ones they ordered.

Not all the time, but often enough that I wouldn't ever rely on them. But Tbh they also get the odd kickass plant. Lol

I have been using Vancouver seed bank for like 10 years now, and just started using crop king. Both of them have store fronts in Vancouver, so I can just drive in pay cash and chat with the girls, and sometimes the breeders themselves.

Seems like with all the bandwagon jumpers these days, "breeders" are coming out of the woodwork. But it takes more than pollinating a few plants to be good at it.

Devotion1

Devotion1

Are his reg seeds hermie prone as well? I have 3 packs of his reg seeds, lilac diesel, ogdlux, and member og? I’m scared now after reading this thread lol

Last edited:
H

hawkman

Are his reg seeds hermie prone as well? I have 3 packs of his reg seeds, lilac diesel, ogdlux, and member og? I’m scared now after reading this thread lol
I would not call it "hermie" prom but at a very low rate don't all seeds have a hermie gene in it DNA ?

Dbear180

Dbear180

I have had absolutely zero herms from ethos. Had a an exotic strain called "Chromatose" get all hermie on me right next to some ethos "lemon grape bubba temple" that was just fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom