Anyone Growing Any Ethos Collective Beans??

• Thread starter jammie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

As a followup..The Mandarin Sunset was very terpy and tasty, but not that potent, so I pushed my luck and chucked some BOG Sour Grape Pollen on her to see. (one branch)
ALMOST got what I wanted in smell, and increased size, but her offspring is in week 6 now and throwing naners like crazy. There is currently nothing in her tent that should be affected, so I try and pluck them off daily.
If it gets worse, she will get El Chopo!!
(Lower left plant)
View attachment 906875
My final followup: (Ethos Mandarine Sunset x BOG Sour Grape)
Well, for some reason she stopped throwing naners after a week of hell. I let her finish and TBH..the smells/high/yield and taste are just what I had hoped for (got lucky..LOL).....More Strawberry then Orange, and no real taste/smell of grape from the BOG Sour Grape dad. The rosin is outstanding, and after only a few days curing (still very high humidity); the rosin yield was a bit over 24% on a single press! This was on the new Dabpress 4"x7" plate unit (12 ton, but maximum pressure used was 4.5 tons) at 220d F for about 120+ seconds (I pressed a 20 gram pre-pressed puck, which took a bit longer). Preheated the puck for about 45 seconds, and then..smashed!

Would I grow my ETHOS x BOG cross again?..MOST DEFINITELY!

PS..This thing is massive..with a capital M!
It is almost identical to their 3x5 unit..just on a bigger scale (12 ton ram- 10 ton pump) with much more capacity.
it is a different learning experience though. Took me a few tries to press 20 grams today (at once, no bag) ..next week, will smash an ounce at once!
20191124 182456

Cookiebone13

Cookiebone13

Here is what i have going from ethos now, like i said in my previous post this is only my 2nd grow ever so i am no master grower lol just posting the pics so you guys can see and check them out! First 2 are mandarin zkittles and next 3 are mandarin cookies
31D7F086 37B0 473E ACB1 CF1779C5F325
0318ACD7 1F23 4171 BB7B 0B5AD1CD6A35
B4E4A2D0 6F76 4638 AA94 933570DB7BFF
90348126 1405 4AFD 98AC 01F3BA5EDAAF
905F65CB A444 432B B375 E525FC1969AC

sshz

sshz

Enclosed is a pic of my Member Berry, the thread is over on RIU done last year. You just have to wonder how something that looks this good has no buzz, or very little IMO. A major disappointment, especially as Colin (Ethos) says it's his favorite strain- what a joke. I think he meant to say he had too many of these seeds and wanted to move some. Solid yield, great bag appeal, interesting smell and swag high. This was the beginning of the end for me with Ethos. Click on the pic for a closeup.

Member Berry

sshz

sshz

Now compare Ethos Chem OG, probably my favorite strain I've done from them. A 12 on a scale of 10 in the smell deptartment, my entire house stunk for months after it was done. We literally had to fumigate the rugs, walls, clothing and coats, luggage, towels and most everything else to get rid of it. Even the dog stunk. LOL It could be detected at the bottom of my driveway by all my friends, about 40 yards. from the house. I took them to 73 days (longer than most) but got 70 solid oz. off of 24 plants. This is the strain that my wife layed down the law- if I ever did it again, she was leaving. This and DNA's Holy Grail Kush are the 2 smelliest strains I've ever done and loved both of them- if smell isn't an issue, I recommend both.

Chem OG

RealYeagerBomb

RealYeagerBomb

I'm still trying to figure out why Ethos would feminize his monoicous lines.
i haven't ran into this... did this happen to you?? just got candy store r1 & Sour OG Cheese (fem) last run of Ethos for me was Peach Crescendo (regs) some were a little finicky but WELL WORTH IT!!!! True to the "unique boutique line"

Oregonbus

Oregonbus

Member OG. Got a clone of it at Denver dispensary. Killer strain all the way thru. Skunky lime, then a little bit of berry skunk and lots of gas. Medical strain for pain no doubt. Complex and amazing to smoke. One hit wonder. I did try the member berry and that one is nice too. No anxiety high but the temple kush added to make the member og is next level. Its as good as any og or chem strain in my opinion. The high stays just in your head from the neck up , like a cerebral indica with occasional sativa effects from the sour d. No anxiety strain but complex and powerful. One of my top 5 strains ever as far as growing/smoking. It hits all the notes. It reminds me of a very light but powerful bubblegum with a skunky lime gassy OG. Top notch. And the buds are beautiful. Purple of the highest order. Greasy thick leaves , on the shorter side and tons of dense colas and golf ball size nugs everywhere. Grate yield. I let it go 12 weeks. All the rage. The cross is member berry which is blueberry x skunk 1 x cali O x herijuana crossed to their temple kush which is Flo x sour D x og kush. Bag appeal is amazing. Dank smells that would make anyone happy. Dank gassy smell with a hint of berry. Very high quality weed. 😇⚡

20200326 075435
bigslimdawg79

bigslimdawg79

ethos seems to have some heat been debating buying some either that or exotic genetix anyone had hermie issues with either breeder?

F

forloveofthegrow

Funny shit is . Miz Jill and Colin are in some sort of law suit over the orange velvet. Now don’t quote me on that shit . Just think it’s funny cause we tagged ethos in it and he posted back give it 120% u won’t regret it . Hahaha

I know this post is pretty old but I wanted to touch on this as it's one of the few search results on Google for sunburst that mention the actual genetics as using Orange Velvet. If you go to ethos' site for freebies listings, he now claims it is sour tangie x apex F-1.

Putting two and two together with what you said above in this post, I suspect that he is misleading the public and just relabeled it to avoid the lawsuit.

I've grown it out and it absolutely does not resemble any of the tangie strains I've tried. The terps aren't tangie, the structure is not at all like tangie.

(It IS SORT OF orange after harvest but it's a different orange that evolves from a lemon and lime base, I'd say it's a limonene citrus flavor. Whereas tangie orange has that familiar "funk" undertone and seems to "arrive at" orange from a completely different path that does not involve limonene nearly as much.)

I realize that doesn't mean anything conclusively but it's not helping my opinion at all.

I'd like there to be transparency about all this as I used sunburst as male on my last breeding project and now I have to explain this shit to people when they ask what the genetics are.

Curious if you (or anyone else) have any more info regarding what happened with this lawsuit situation.. because the original box that got sent out definitely said orange velvet x apex on the paper.

Top Bottom