Anyone have an idea of what this might be? yellow spots on leaves.....

• Thread starter MerryJane22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MerryJane22

MerryJane22

About 3 weeks into my first grow.....10 auto flower plants. All was going beautifully until now. These spots showed up and assuming it was bugs (possibly thrips) I went ahead and treated them with a weak neem spray treatment. I'd already watered in some neem powder a week ago. Wondering just WTH I have here......it's only on 3 out of the 10, but man is it renting space in my head (I woke up thinking about it this morning). Any and all help appreciated !

On my first post someone mentioned the bright green on my bigger plant (9 week old space ghost) might be a sulphur deficiency.....I thought it was just bright green new growth, as the plant is thriving. But gosh.....they ALL have been. I'm super perplexed !

Thanks in advance 💚

Anyone have an idea of what this might be yellow spots on leaves
Anyone have an idea of what this might be yellow spots on leaves 2
Anyone have an idea of what this might be yellow spots on leaves 3
Dr.B

Dr.B

Check the undersides of the leaves and top inch of soil. It looks like you've got a pest inswct on your hands... I could be wrong though. 🤷‍♂️

Dr.B

Dr.B

Sorry, just bothered reading the post. You're on to the buggies, that's good. It looks like its outdoor? I'm not quite sure what you could do short of pesticides. Hang tight, someone should be along with a solution here at sone point.

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

Thanks....it's getting worse today (that was yesterday). yes, outdoors.....here's a new pic. Maybe I should post in outdoors section? thanks. I do have some pyrethrum .....but now I'm scared I'm overdoing that. Wish I could pinpoint it. I feel I'm losing my kids :-(

Dr.B

Dr.B

Its not blooming, I'd spray it. Try to let it dry out for a day or two between watering if possible. Your success here really depends on which bug you've got. In that I'm no expert, one reason I grow indoors lol.

Hang in there! She looks healthy otherwise...

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

Really, the neem? I let it dry first......can neem really do this? maybe because they are too young? if so, can time take care of it if I stay away?

Another pic:

Yet
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Really, the neem? I let it dry first......can neem really do this? maybe because they are too young? if so, can time take care of it if I stay away?
Yes I could look with out knowing the full story on your grow , and with you using need oil as you said I’m just heading that way because of your details . O d .

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

Oh man......damn me if that's it. I sure hope recovery is possible. Time is ticking for these poor autos.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Oh man......damn me if that's it. I sure hope recovery is possible. Time is ticking for these poor autos.
Don’t go beating yourself up over it , I think they will be fine I’ve never grown autos I hear they have lots of problems with them just about every post looking for help is about autos . I see you have a thread up about the same plants ? Od

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

Yeah, I posted that as this is my first attempt at propagation. Luckily I have a very good friend who is an organic grower.....but he got me really excited about giving it a whirl myself, but I may have to rely on his genius after all. But truly up until now.....it's been a stellar experience,lol. I am also growing a photoperiod that was given to me......that one looks amazing and not affected by any of this (even though I doused it with neem along with the littles).

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yeah, I posted that as this is my first attempt at propagation. Luckily I have a very good friend who is an organic grower.....but he got me really excited about giving it a whirl myself, but I may have to rely on his genius after all. But truly up until now.....it's been a stellar experience,lol. I am also growing a photoperiod that was given to me......that one looks amazing and not affected by any of this (even though I doused it with neem along with the littles).
I think growing photo types is the way to go as you said that plant is doing great use this lesson as a learning tool each failure is a lesson . Keep us posted MJ lady .

Dr.B

Dr.B

Another pic:
No, no, no. Lol. I was trying to say that if it is a fungus, the neem should take care of it. I think its a bug though.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Really?? Lol. Can neem do this? I spray in the dark... Could this just be a reaction with the sun light?

This might be helpful. It depends on lighting, concentration emulsifier/surfactant etc. But its safer to spray in the dark.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I’ve been around for many years I’m a Certified Organic Farmer when they brought out Neem oil back in the 90s heaps of people burnt the shit out of there crops using it . It need to be gently applied at lower rates if at all .od

Dr.B

Dr.B

I’ve been around for many years I’m a Certified Organic Farmer when they brought out Neem oil back in the 90s heaps of people burnt the shit out of there crops using it . It need to be gently applied at lower rates if at all .od
I've used a few ounces of pure cold pressed neem in the last couple of years, mostly in an isopropyl alcohol, dish soap and lemon solution to spray moldy fabric pots in spots... I have sprayed the plants in the past but with a very weak mix and only after lights out. I've never had any trouble but the "less is more" rule might apply to this too.

Top Bottom