anyone here grow mushrooms?

• Thread starter John Ditchweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kirk

shroomery.org is a great site.. made many real life friends over there... check into mono or double tubs.. the only way to fly:cool0044:

heres some fruits from a double tub grow
http://i46.invalid.com/1604yo1.jpg

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
DWB, are you American Indian, too? I guess by the screen name, you are not, but I don't want to assume.. Hella pics all.. I like that avatar, DWB..!!!

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Not full blooded, but damn close. Dirty White Boy sounded bout right.

Otoe

V

v0ssman

wow awesome work DWB and kirk

havent seen that realm of the woods in a couple years! :speechless

K

Khardis

I am looking for a good indoor hydroponic kit for growing mushrooms anyone got any suggestions?

Check out shroomery.org thier spore sponsers are awesome as well. I used to grow a bunch of P cubes B+ in Bell Jars and a fish tank, it might just be better to do case tech though or get a giant sealable jar, fill it with rye, get some myc growing and then get some hay and boil it in a burlap sack and then dump that into a clean plastic bag, mold it in a cardboard box, dump the rye/myc in re-colonize, sterile dirt on top with a plastic cover and you are sure to get a nice few flushes.

F

Frank_Castle

nice setup DWB. I got myself a clone tent with three sets of racks that I am planning on using for a set up just like yours. Planning on using LED's for the light source. Either that or T-5 bulbs so I can easily convert it back to clones...

true grit

true grit

DWB- Very nice set up bro! I've watched some vids bout making your own substrate and looks simple enough, whats the easiest way to get started small? Wouldn't be for any production- just for me....

Z

zoeronerer

u can do em hydro ... they will constant fruit in a bed but they need to be fed something very interesting ..

its human waste eaten by fly larve .... i know it sounds fun but i have seen a 4/8 table pumping them out in waves ....

its very advanced expensive to set up and welll ... fucking nasty ....

but the yeild is there ....like fucking crazy .. the table i seen had psyl cyanensis
eat one barf and then go talk to oprah's sister aka god ........

sky high

sky high

Those cyan pans are dung lovers. Cubies like the grains. It'd be interesting to see if cubies could be grown in the same manner you speak of.

get small

s h

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Hands down the simple-ist way to would be Wild Bird Seed. Learn to use that and you can grow any cubie out there. To grow pans and cyans youll need poop, i NEVER use straw. I would stay with Cubies at first and You dont need anything but vermiculite while using WBS there is more than enough nutes to get through (im NOT exaggerating 20+ flushes if your substrate holds up, and you dnot get any contams). I've had tubs sit on the ground filled with 4 or 5 old tubs worth of substrate, continue to flush for months, everyday id just reach in munch what i want with my coffee and go about my day, prolly pulled 2+ oz dried out of tubs like that. Really you can make your grow as big or little as you want, heres a super small tub . We got 10+flushes off this little bitty tub, We actually lost count after a couple weeks. Again all you really need is WBS, vermiculite, and a pressure cooker. You should have everything else youll need in your grow room. I dont want to get into my actual process, so hit me up if you have any questions. All i have to say is mushroom cultivation is truly prehistoric at this point compared to growing cannbis, so its kinda cool cause you can still feel like your ahead of the game really pushing new ground, plus its BADASS when you can show off your tubs or whatever you use to grow (that shouldnt even work) to some old ass hippie, and all you get is that look of SHIT this damn kid's got my number, lol. Prolly like it was 30 yrs ago to the hippie kid pot growers.

Setup 0032
sky high

sky high

Treasure Coasts, maybe?

Agreed. WBS and spawning into tubs is a great way to go. Nice yields for the same work as PF cakes...

feed your head

s h

H

heshani1999

I like to grow mushrooms but do not know how.is it need big space for growing ?

L

LemonSkunk68

I know this is kind of an older thread & this is only my 2nd post here & it's pretty long, but I have spent A LOT of time & money on spore samples, heating mats, petri dishes, substrates & the like trying to grow shrooms before I found any level of success...Now this was like 15+ years ago, but my experience may prove helpful & is offered for educational purposes only.

The best bet would be to find a liquid spore solution, usually purchased in a syringe. Someone looking at this would also need Mason/Bell jars with lids, vermiculite, a pressure cooker, some duct tape, a cheap aquarium, a spray bottle & a piece of plexiglass that will fit inside the aquarium diagonally so as to make two separate areas inside the aquarium ie. a front area & a rear area. All of this can be purchased for about $100.

The next step would be to fill the Mason jars with vermiculite & a little water & then poke 2 holes in the lids using a small nail (a little larger than the size of the syringe needle), then cover the holes with a piece of duct tape. The jars now need to go into the pressure cooker to be sterilized (water needs to be added to the pressure cooker as well, but not so much as to boil into the jars). Even though in nature, some of the best shrooms will pop up out of cow pies, this is a necessary step. Now I don't remember the exact time & temp the jars need to be in the cooker, but I'm feeling 15psi for 40-45 min. be sure not to bring the temp up too fast as the jars may crack. The jars will now need to cool off to room temp., overnight would be best.

Once the jars have reached room temp, lift the tape to reveal the holes in the lid. Inject about 2-2.5ml of the liquid spore solution per hole & re-cover the holes with the duct tape. Store the jars in a relatively warm place out of direct light, I used a closet that my hot water pipes ran through (with the door open for indirect light). After 3-5 days a white cotton like substance will form, this is called mycelium, it is for my lack of a better term, the shroom's roots. Leave the jars here until the mycelium has permeated the jars & little light brown "knots" start to form (2-4 weeks).

Now the mycelium "cakes" can be taken out of the jars (they should just slide out) & placed into the aquarium, using the jar lids as a base for the cakes to sit on. The cakes need to be placed in the rear area of the aquarium & the plexiglass piece place in front of them. For this stage, the aquarium can be placed on a table or shelf so that it gets indirect light.

Using the spray bottle, spray the front area of the plexiglass a few times a day in order to keep the humidity levels up in the aquarium, making sure the excess water is dumped/drained at least once daily.

Soon actual shrooms will begin to form, & when they are fully developed (this can be determined when they bruise a purple/blue color....pinch them a little to bruise them) then they will be ready to harvest. Each cake will produce more than 1 harvest (or FLUSH), but each flush will produce less shrooms....a reasonable expectation could be 3 flushes per cake.

After harvesting a flush, the shrooms will need to be dried, some sort of desiccant can be used. Typically a desiccant will look like kitty litter & can be purchased at any hardware store & then placed in the bottom of a brownie pan (1/8th of an inch will do the job), with a screen placed on top of the desiccant & the wet shrooms placed on top of the screen. Put the brownie pan inside of a plastic garbage bag & close it tight, after 24hrs the shrooms should be dried, rock hard & ready to enjoy.

I hope this info has been educational!!

On a personal note, I never cared for the taste of shrooms, so I would put the finished product into a coffee bean grinder & turn it to dust, I would then fill empty gel-caps (purchased from a local head shop) & enjoy then that way.

Top Bottom