anyone here grow mushrooms?

• Thread starter John Ditchweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

John Ditchweed

I am looking for a good indoor hydroponic kit for growing mushrooms anyone got any suggestions?

sour power

sour power

from what ive been reading it would be cheaper and easier to diy.check out shroom talk .com

C

crippled1

you would not want to do it hydroponically. easiest way is to make some cakes and then fruit em.

W

werzalCHEESEhead

i herd that (the mycodome) is good for growing mushrooms and you can grow nearly every type :)

J

John Ditchweed

thanks guys.... anyone used the kit that reeferman used to sell on his site

Kuntjoose

Kuntjoose

Chuck is correct the shroomery along with mycotopia are the best mycology related sites anywhere.

2thagame

There is also a great dvd that i liked.Lets grow mushrooms!! i believe.
Go to the shroomery Great info....Go to amazon type in mushrooms or cultivation....

D

DevilsAmongUs

I'm recently beginning a fungus venture. Never heard of growing shrooms hydroponically? Is that even possible.

Cakes ftw.

C

captain.koons

Cakes suck, way too much work not enough return. They do have the best biology efficiency though. I use them time to time for shiitake mushrooms.

What kind of mushrooms do you plan to grow?

I've grown all sorts that get you high, shiitake, white button (agaricus), oyster, and portabella. I want to grow more edible varieties.

C

captain.koons

I'm recently beginning a fungus venture. Never heard of growing shrooms hydroponically? Is that even possible.

You can get the odd mushroom that will grow hydroponically (a shroom fruiting from a thick solution of inoculent) but it will never be worth the efforts.

Q

quantumdist

I would love to grow mushrooms, but not sure what to do or where to get spores. I'll check the site mentioned. Anyone here know anything about growing mushroom in Colorado? It is very dry here - especially this time of year.

C

canaguy27

Shroomery.org will have all the info you need from a to z. I would think in a dry climate, one should make a terrarium with a humidifier.

B

Beeronymous

I've grown all sorts that get you high, shiitake, white button (agaricus), oyster, and portabella. I want to grow more edible varieties.

arent those the edible variety that DONT get you high?i read somewhere its illegal to grow the psilocybin types but it's legal to have the spores(didnt make any sense being able to have the means but not make the end)

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Its legal to buy spore prints and syringes of psychedelic mushrooms for studying, but once you innoculate a substrate and have mycelium growing its illegal. Once you get a solid understanding of how to grow mushrooms you can get crazy really fast, we grow cubensis, pan, cyans. Right now we pull about 1/4lb of dry shrooms a week. That will increse drastically once we get our clone tubs going. In the process of setting up a shroom goo still, and also a dmt extract.

Otoe

sky high

sky high

Man DWB...it looks like CHRISTMAS in there! (in mo' ways den one!)

Don't matter >where< yer at...or the dryness of the area...'cus everything you do in this realm will be in enclosed tubs/spaces. (like pic above) "Cakes" will get you started and are fairly easy, but spawning grains and the like into tubs is where things really get fun. (like pic above!)

like cannabis, da fungi are fun to grow and it can be just as addicitive/can get out-of-hand just as quickly. (again...see pic above! LOL)

we did the "World tour"....picking 10 varieties from around the globe. After many, many taste tests, it was determined unnanamously that the PE's are miles above the rest all the way around. (RIP Terrence)

never goo'd here. just hunny.

be safe, all

s h

S

SweetIslandFunk

Careful on shoormery,
they will boot you for the most harmless remark to the use of them.
i was booted in the first 10mins of finding the place bc i said i was going to try some wild booms.

sky high

sky high

Hell....we might get booted >here>....LOL. (I looked for TOU regs before commenting but couldn't find any info)

much respect to all.

s h

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Thank you Sky High. But, should i not have posted that? Im sorry if so.

Otoe

S

SRHninja

lol shrooms cant be grown hydroponically they can only be spawned... to a mix of a variety of choices from coca coir, manure, straw, worm castings and some species woodchips....

Top Bottom