Anyone know about OXYGEN BOOSTING ur plants roots??

• Thread starter Mr. Greenthum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

yea. But remember its only at 90% pure that it makes a dandy rocket fuel.... :P

M

Mr. Greenthum

Yeah used to get that stuff to works very very well. So strong it burns ur skin when it touches it haha thats a good choice bro i like it

dextr0

dextr0

35% will do fine. Low strength H2O2 has a stabiliser added (normally sodium silicate) which is not plant friendly.

Yea a i didn't mean its used at 35%...its bought at 35% and diluted down to 3%. The little ones u get at the store that are already at 3% for us are the ones that usually use sodium silicate. Wanted to clarify that.

L

Lost

35% will do fine. Low strength H2O2 has a stabiliser added (normally sodium silicate) which is not plant friendly.

Exactly what I had heard but I get conflicting reports that distilled water is used, so I dunno what to believe.. Its just safer for me to but a 4 liter than 30 bottles at the drug store.. :)

L

Lost

Yeah used to get that stuff to works very very well. So strong it burns ur skin when it touches it haha thats a good choice bro i like it

Thx! Yea, totally turned my fingers white a few times when a few drops get on unknowingly :)

dextr0

dextr0

A lost you should check that link out. badass. Everyone else should too if your running any kind of hydro.

M

Mr. Greenthum

Haha yeah no kidding! have u guys seen my threads of my plants? pls check them out and give advice if u can

M

Mr. Greenthum

H202 roots after day 2. Yes i know it only has an effect on the plants for 24 hrs im just proving my plants are still making it.
DSC_0593.JPG
:character0029:

dextr0

dextr0

Exactly what I had heard but I get conflicting reports that distilled water is used, so I dunno what to believe.. Its just safer for me to but a 4 liter than 30 bottles at the drug store.. :)

Yea a i didn't mean its used at 35%...its bought at 35% and diluted down to 3%. The little ones u get at the store that are already at 3% for us are the ones that usually use sodium silicate. Wanted to clarify that.

M

Mr. Greenthum

Yeah glad u did started to get confusing haha.

B

Bobby Smith

Um, I use H2O2 pretty often, but never really thought of it as a "boost"...........I used it more for its oxidizing effects in keeping nasties out of my reservoir.

It's not bad for your plants, but it's certainly not something I'd call a "root stimulator" (although it does keep them nice and white, for the most part).

For any of you reading this and already ordering 35% H2O2 off the Internet - be very, very careful with that shit - I'd highly recommend gloves.

I've burned my skin a few times with it - it burns and then bleaches your skin white (the color eventually returns, but it's no fun).

That 3% pharmacy stuff is a waste of money - as someone above said, it's got chemicals/stabilizers in it which are not good for plants.

A lot cheaper to buy a few gallons of 29% or 35% anyways - I use at 1mL/gallon.

M

Mr. Greenthum

Im glad this is being discussed but i only recommended the over the counter Hydrogen peroxide not high concentrated H202. Im talking bout 12% percent H202 from the store. Cleans disinfects and gives an oxygen boost. Good tip for those having some mold or root rot signs, as most people have it around the house.
For those who don't want to mess with 35% H2O2, this is a safe, cheap way to oxygenate.

dextr0

dextr0

^^^I tried the 8% when my dumb ass started growing and didnt know what i was doing. Short story long in this instance, I stopped that quick as i saw ph go up. U seeing any of that??

M

Mr. Greenthum

No because i have a 25 Gal. reservoir and i only use 1 tablespoon every 10gal.
They love it more in veg. then they do in Flower

L

Lost

Im glad this is being discussed but i only recommended the over the counter Hydrogen peroxide not high concentrated H202. Im talking bout 12% percent H202 from the store. Cleans disinfects and gives an oxygen boost. Good tip for those having some mold or root rot signs, as most people have it around the house.
For those who don't want to mess with 35% H2O2, this is a safe, cheap way to oxygenate.

The stuff at the drug store is 3%. Never seen the 12%.

The 35% is safe, just don't get it on you.. lol.

Besides you are shooting for a 3% h2o2 concentration in your res, from what I have read and what I am currently using. 3% once a week. Its totally gone in less than a day...

M

Mr. Greenthum

35% IS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR DISINFECTING. if u read in this post ppl have been using this for sterilizing ur system. 12% IS WHAT I USED. I USED IT FOR helping my roots grow and stay healthy. I can prove that it works and that its enough Just look at the pics
BEFORE
DSC_0572.JPG

AFTER
DSC_0593.JPG

See my plants check out

Top Bottom