Anyone know about OXYGEN BOOSTING ur plants roots??

• Thread starter Mr. Greenthum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

Using Hydrogen Peroxide in your
Hydroponics Gardening System

There are no doubts about the benefits of using hydrogen peroxide properly in a hydroponics system. This becomes especially true if your nutrient reservoir is kept above 72 degrees. Warm water holds less dissolved oxygen, and therefore encourages the growth of more viruses, fungi, and anaerobic bacteria. Using hydrogen peroxide adds oxygen to you water and cleans the water of pathogens. Benefits include healthier root systems, increased nutrient uptake, thicker stems, and bigger leaves.

One expert claims it should be used on all soil gardens as well as in hydroponics sytems. Knowing as much as I do about beneficial fungus and micro-organisms and the benefits they provide to living plants, I am shy in taking this advice. However, when this first line of defense fails and plants become sick I often resort to using hydrogen peroxide treatments on my soil grown plants.

The chemical formula for hydrogen peroxide is H2O2. You may notice it is simply water with an extra oxygen atom. In fact, as hydrogen peroxide breaks down in a solution the result is oxygen and water. Its application helps deliver oxygen to over watered plant roots and helps to sterilize the growing media by killing harmful anaerobic (not oxygen compatible) bacteria and pathogens that cause disease. This includes bacterial wilt, pythium fungi, fusarium fungi, and others.

Using 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
In your Hydroponics Garden
I avoid using hydrogen peroxide you commonly find at drug stores. This is because such low percentage (3%) solutions are unstable, and chemicals are added to the peroxide to keep it from breaking down before it can be used. I did a little research because I did not know what chemicals were used for this, or if the plants uptake these chemicals, or if there was a health risk associated with any of these stabilizing chemicals.

Hydrogen peroxide is usually stabilized with acetanilide. Acetanilide is a synthetic compound that was first used for its fever reduction and pain killing properties in the late Nineteenth Century. For many years it was utilized as an alternative to aspirin to treat various ailments, but large scale medical use stopped when the toxic side effects of consuming acetanilide became apparant. This was enough to convince me to use 35% hydrogen peroxide instead.

Using 35% Hydrogen Peroxide
In your Hydroponics Garden
Firstly, 35% peroxide is caustic and should be treated with the same caution as a strong acid. 35% strength hydrogen peroxide should be readily available at any quality hydroponics supply shop. The stronger concentrations do not use the added stabilizers.

The recommended dosage is to add 2-3 ml to each gallon of water, however, I use 5 ml per gallon and have never had any problems. At every nutrient change treat your fresh water using hydrogen peroxide. The general idea is to let the hydroponics system circulate the hydrogen peroxide solution for about a half hour to let the peroxide work against pathogens and to let the solution stabilize before adding your nutrients.

The beneficial effects of using hydrogen peroxide last about 4 days. There are some gardeners who add a little peroxide to their nutrient reservoirs every 5 days in between nutrient changes. If you decide to do this, stick to the guidelines and always make sure your solution is thoroughly mixed before exposing your plants roots to it. Another option is to top off your nutrient reservoir with peroxide treated water whenever it is low.

http://www.jasons-indoor-guide-to-organic-and-hydroponics-gardening.com/using-hydrogen-peroxide.html

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

If your not the same then I apoligize. Its your 14 posts I read all them. U seem childish, you told another member his soil ph of 6.7 was off and should be sub 6.0 as if he was running hydro. Im pretty sure your the same dude. I tried to be nice to greenthum, even put him on my friend request he just didnt want to listen to anybody.

L

Lost

Lets put the dicks back in our pants. Mr Greenthumb, much love and respect. Spread it around a little :)

There are a million ways to grow this plant. You can grow great healthy plants with or without it. It really depends on what your strategy is for the invisables. Blow them up with H2o2, introduce beneies to colonize, or use fungicides. tons of ways to do it :)

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I agree 100% peroxide has wonderful benefits. Its just not a root booster by anymeans. I still use it for cleaning.

B

Bobby Smith

for " boosting roots" laughable & point to the less.

agreed.

however, it's great to kill any pathogens in the rez for sure.

great to spray (very diluted) on fresh cuts. great to clean gear with.

i use it every 4 to 5 days w/o fail in my rezzys... and i keep 85 gallons in three rezzys and another 35 for change outs drama free.

i am having a hell of a time finding a place on-line (from htg, ebay, you name it) to deliver the 35% to my safe addy.

has their been some kind of change or restriction in shipping laws?

I got a couple of gallons from Guardian of Eden last year...........like you, had heard that 35% was not being shipped any more, but I haven't tried to order any since I heard that.

Plus, my hydro store has five gallons of 29% for $100, so that just makes much more fiscal sense for me.

To the two trolls - I also believe that you're the same person, and you really sound foolish.

EDIT:

http://www.dfwx.com/h2o2.htm

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Im sorry if Im mistaken. I will assume hydrofarmer is not greenthum. The people around here that know me should realize I am a respecful helpful person. I am looking forward to seeing your grow style and hopfully greenthum comes back around. Again, sorry hydrogrower, welcome to the farm.

dextr0

dextr0

Lost if you would have answered the dude with that he would have told you good article but im not advocating that. Im advocating 8%.
Anyway good find and thats all i wanted for someone to come with some kind of something to explain and tell me how Im supposed to be Boosting my shit.
That said I would be thinking enzymes like Jalisco Kid suggested.

G

gudkarma

bobby could you PM me the name & general city of the hydro store you use?

cash & carry, yes?

it's actually quite important, since my local store is run buy a douche, i'll take care of it from there.

mittenmedgro, you the man... let's move on... & roll up a fat one.

dex is pimp

greenthumb i think you should prove yourself with a boat load of phat pics before i can even take you somewhat seriously.

lost... those posts were nice reads & settle the subject.

i, for one, subscribe to the sterile rez concept.

h2o2 is the nectar that keeps me in a perfect 3 week rez change out zone.

in hydro proper use of h2o2 = success to me

my pics to prove it.

THC farmer   labtory 005
Lj9f0z0MEqugm424BpwuS8cTo1 500
THC farmer   labtory 046
B

Bobby Smith

Lol..........I rarely even use a credit card at Home Depot unless it's for totally innocent stuff - don't need someone tracing 90 wyes back to my name, you know?..........unless I'm ordering from an aquatics place online, it's strictly cash, homeboy.

And yeah, the store I sent you is in another state from me, but the "head" dude there is a really nice guy and knowledgeable..........plus that place is where all the big commercial growers in the area shop, so little ole me gets lost in the mix.

I park across the street and walk across a busy ass highway just in case somebody's taking pictures............you know I take my security very seriously :)

EDIT: BTW, nice fingernails you've got there :evilgrin0040:

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Nice pics. Gudkarma. I used to use h202 in my aeroflos with great success. Also ran it in my e&f rockwool systems. Works great as you know. I am running coco and promix now so I just use it for sterilizing.

H

-hydrofarmer-

thanks mittenmedgrow greenthumb was some what difficult i could tell by reading this thread. I love to grow and hear what ppl say.. so im sorry if my posts keep showing up..

H

-hydrofarmer-

Does anyone know why plants will grow duck foot leaves? Those leaves with only 3 leaves.

L

Lost

Does anyone know why plants will grow duck foot leaves? Those leaves with only 3 leaves.

This is totally my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. I have noticed over the years that I can tell how happy a plant is by how many leaves are in the fans. They are a great indicator of past and present health. Cheak the topmost nodes and how many fingers the leaves are sprouting should tell you how happy the plant is within the last day or so and I usually figure 7 is fair 9 happy, more than 9 really happy! Depends on strain for exact leaf counts. BBK will duck leaf for about 4-7 nodes after cloning till she is happy again, ime.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Makes sense to me. The ak blueberry cross I have will do it when topped, or cloned. Also hermies with stress fairly easily.

G

gudkarma

+1 agreed

most of my strains show three leaves when stressed, when rooting, etc...

learning to read your ladies is what seperates the average grower from the enthusiast.

this is why i never toss something from my garden till i've made three runs (micro/macro) with it.

my 2 cents there.

Dephect

Dephect

H202 is okay. I have never exceeded 5ml per gal and I use the 29% from the hydro store. BE CAREFUL, if this stuff gets on your skin you will get a slight chemical burn depending on how much.

It definitely keeps the res clean. It doesn't completely eliminate root rot but I mix H202 in my nutrient solution mainly because I use solo DWC and it keeps things smelling decent and keeps the nasty bacteria out. Its not like it just dissipates over night. It will stay in there for a day or so. Its added during a fill up as well.

I use hygrozyme for root rot. I use H2O2 with hygrozyme along with my nutrients regularly.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

because talk is cheap at the farm. besides its already settled

Latest posts

Top Bottom