Anyone know whats wrong with my leave

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Seems to be something going on with my leaves anyone know what?
Anyone know whats wrong with my leave
Anyone know whats wrong with my leave 2
Anyone know whats wrong with my leave 3
Anyone know whats wrong with my leave 4
Anyone know whats wrong with my leave 5
Anyone know whats wrong with my leave 6
Anyone know whats wrong with my leave 7
Anyone know whats wrong with my leave 8
Anyone know whats wrong with my leave 8
Anyone know whats wrong with my leave 9
Anyone know whats wrong with my leave 10
Anyone know whats wrong with my leave 11
Anyone know whats wrong with my leave 12
Anyone know whats wrong with my leave 13

Ph 007

Ph 007

Without more info I'm looking at low ph when I see leaves twist like that...my first guess anyways...what is your run off PH & ppm?
I always set my ph correct wond is calibrated tested it yesterday
Run off has been in range and ph not checked usually my run off ph is about
6-6.3 when i have checked

Led grow 18 hours light veg
Day temp 80-82f
Night temp 77f
Humdiy 60-70%
Growing in Coco
using canna coco nutrients
Ph 5.8/6.0
Tap water thats 0.2e.c I add canna calmag agent to bring that tap water to 0.4e.c every watering then add my feed they where on 1.2e.c total then I tried 1.4e.c for 2 feeds then 1.0e.c for 2 feeds, I got a feeling it's either humidity or maybe something to do with my feed and calmag

Growth has been very slow and root growth slow and drinking slow, and the seem very compact seems a bit to compact hard to explain lol, not growing in hight much

Theirs more pics in a post i made yesterday if anyone want to look :)

jguit

jguit

Supporter
What size are your containers and how often are you feeding them?

What kind of light and how high is it from your plants? dimmed/not dimmed?

Look kinda hungry.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Also all leaf eadges on the plants are are sticking up

View attachment 1224115View attachment 1224116
Sorry man I'm not the guy,,,I grow in promix and the leaf curl look similar to a low ph problem I had I topped with lime but that won't help you...I know not about coco grows...different beast all together....someone will pop in and help.......Post to Frankster he's the man here....A 1 problem solver...

Ph 007

Ph 007

What size are your containers and how often are you feeding them?

What kind of light and how high is it from your plants? dimmed/not dimmed?

Look kinda hungry.
20litre pots top fed to some run off fed daily, planning to turn my auto pots of soon but the been looking a but funny and growing shit so been hand watering will I get then looking better for the auto pot to be turned on.

Led quard board, Samsung chips 240w <-----2 of these in a 4x4 over 4 plants, dimmed to 150 watt so 2 lights running 150w eatch, at 50-60cm away from plants

Ph 007

Ph 007

Sorry man I'm not the guy,,,I grow in promix and the leaf curl look similar to a low ph problem I had I topped with lime but that won't help you...I know not about coco grows...different beast all together....someone will pop in and help.......Post to Frankster he's the man here....A 1 problem solver...
Thanks for trying bro haha
A lot of problems can often look simular sometimes it's a bastard

jguit

jguit

Supporter
20litre pots top fed to some run off fed daily, planning to turn my auto pots of soon but the been looking a but funny and growing shit so been hand watering will I get then looking better for the auto pot to be turned on.

Led quard board, Samsung chips 240w <-----2 of these in a 4x4 over 4 plants, dimmed to 150 watt so 2 lights running 150w eatch, at 50-60cm away from plants
How much liquid volume are you feeding daily and how much is coming out as runoff?

I know common wisdom is that you can't over water coco but only once your roots are really well established.

Have you checked the EC of your runoff?

Ph 007

Ph 007

First thought was environment, double check to make sure you're in the correct VPD range. Also your plants are very dense, you may need to do more fans for air circulation and do some defoliation of the skirts.
I just was thinking, and I think this make be my problem
Humidty to high lights off?

Bassicly last week I turned my led room humidifier to also be on when lights are off,
So day temp and humidity is 80-82f and humidity 60-70%
But then lights off room is about 75-77f and same humidyy as day 60-70%
So maybe that is my problem?

Ph 007

Ph 007

Without more info I'm looking at low ph when I see leaves twist like that...my first guess anyways...what is your run off PH & ppm?
If been bottom feeding last few days so can mesure run off ph or e.c

jguit

jguit

Supporter
60% RH is fine, 70% should be ok but getting on the high side of things. Bottom feeding? why?

steamroller

steamroller

How close and strong are the lights ?
Minus color change on edges of leaves looks like over lighting possibly.
Just a couple inches can make a large difference .
Are most of the leaves effected on top ?

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I'm not sure if it's the lighting but overall, the plants look pale and sick. They're not eating for some reason. I still suspect a watering issue but it's hard to say if everything else is not lined up.

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Defoliate some and don't water as often, that'll bring your RH down during lights off. Try oxygenating your feed water to help prevent overwatering symptoms. And, are your pots directly on the floor, cold roots is bad.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I always set my ph correct wond is calibrated tested it yesterday
Run off has been in range and ph not checked usually my run off ph is about
6-6.3 when i have checked

Led grow 18 hours light veg
Day temp 80-82f
Night temp 77f
Humdiy 60-70%
Growing in Coco
using canna coco nutrients
Ph 5.8/6.0
Tap water thats 0.2e.c I add canna calmag agent to bring that tap water to 0.4e.c every watering then add my feed they where on 1.2e.c total then I tried 1.4e.c for 2 feeds then 1.0e.c for 2 feeds, I got a feeling it's either humidity or maybe something to do with my feed and calmag

Growth has been very slow and root growth slow and drinking slow, and the seem very compact seems a bit to compact hard to explain lol, not growing in hight much

Theirs more pics in a post i made yesterday if anyone want to look :)
In coco your pH should be 5.5

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I see all sort of conflicting answers and answer with no supporting evidence.

I'm wondering how often you are watering, and what sort of runoff you are getting? I'm also growing (first time) in coco coir, and my plants have grown at an amazing rate.

I can't say what is causing your issues as I just don't have enough experience. I can contrast with my grow, which you can see in the post 'Explosive Growth in Coco Coir' to see how it compares to you.

Here are some things I think are fine in your case as they mostly match my experience.

1. RH and temps: My RH was high in the veg state (around 60%, higher at night when fan was off). Temps at 79-84F. Those seemed to be ideal veg state conditions, and my plants exploded in growth.
2. pH - based on advice from a number of sources I have set my pH at 6.0. I use a Bluelab controller to keep it at 6.0 in the reservoir. I use Silica Blast as the first ingredient in my fertigation mix, and it notes that pH should be set to 6.0 for that product. 6.0 seems acceptable across both veg and flower, and .... it's working for me.
3. Lighting - without an actual meter reading, we - and you - have no real ID what you're putting on the plants. Curling edges might be a symptom of too much light, but overall your plants didn't look scorched to me. Give us some sort of actual measurement please, lumens, LUX or PAR.
4. Coco coir type - what's in the pots? Homemade? buffered?
5. Cal/mag - exactly what have you been doing here?
6. Nutes - a bit more detail please. I started mixing nutes in RO water, with starting EC of 60 (my scale is micro siemens, so 1000x yours). First I put in 2/5ml/gal of Silica Blast, and then I wait an hour. Next is Cal/mag. I started out at 2.5ml/gallon Calimagic, but have dropped to 1.9 in flower, going my GH chart. This brings my EC up to around 350. Next I add the GH nute trio, which gets EC up around 1200. I then add a couple of supplements, Floralicious and Koolbloom, which gets me to around 1350EC. A bit of humic acid (DIamond Nectar), some Yucca powder as a wetting agents, and finally 2.5ml/gal of 33% h2o2 to keep the tank clean of algae. I mix up 10-11 gallons, and the pH comes out to about 6.1. I then put a bit of pH Down in it and dump it in my 14 gallon reservoir. I then usually top up the tank to 14 gallons with plain RO water to drop the EC a bit. I still have a bit of tip burn on the leaves, so it may still be a bit high.
7. Watering cycle - in veg, I started with 3x daily feedings, with 10-20% runoff. As the plants grew, the runoff quit, and I needed to go to 4x daily. When the runoff quit again, soon before flowering, I increased to 5x/day. In flower, recently, my runoff EC started going up and up and up - to as much as 800 points higher than input. So I went from 30 second feedings to 35 second feedings to increase the runoff. In 4 days the runoff EC has dropped until it is now about the same as the input.

My initial guess on your plant issues is that they may be seeing a deficiency rather than an overdose. To me it is really hard to tell. But the color is a little light, indicating lack of nitrogen. The curling might be a calcium deficiency, or maybe ... ? Hence I am wondering how often you water them. My feeling is that with more waterings, you can (and should) use a lower EC, and you should judge the water quantity and input EC based on runoff EC.

By the way, my pH doesn't change much in runoff. Still 6.0-6.1 usually. I don't measure it much, but I measure EC in almost every runoff.

Ph 007

Ph 007

How close and strong are the lights ?
Minus color change on edges of leaves looks like over lighting possibly.
Just a couple inches can make a large difference .
Are most of the leaves effected on top ?
He I seen what looked like like burn on some leaf eadged I did have the lights on 240w see now dimmed to 150w , 50-60cm away they are
No all over really the leaf side tips are pointing up

Latest posts

Top Bottom