Anyone know whats wrong with my leave

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Usually, soft water is loaded with salt and needs to be filtered. Is it because of a water softener?

Here is something to read about pH. This is a couple of years old but shows what I'm talking about. "Soil-less Mediums" need lower pH because they do not buffer anything.
Coco can be amended to buffer, but that's not the issue.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You should not leave the pots sitting in the runoff tray. That often causes root zone issues because the pot does not drain correctly.
I would add some holes in those pots.

Read these to better understand watering.

Basic Watering

Watering COCO

Ph 007

Ph 007

Usually, soft water is loaded with salt and needs to be filtered. Is it because of a water softener?

Here is something to read about pH. This is a couple of years old but shows what I'm talking about. "Soil-less Mediums" need lower pH because they do not buffer anything.

I'll have to read it tomorrow bed soon ;)

What's water softener is it a additive in my water?

Also guys probebely should if said sooner my leaves feel like paper dry but humidiy is correct ?

jguit

jguit

Supporter
It looks like your plants arent feeding properly, so it's no surprise that the leaves feel papery.

Recap to avoid confusion:

Feed at EC 1.2 pH 5.8 until your runoff EC matches the input. Do not water from the bottom and do not let your pots sit in runoff. Raise your lights a bit. Get your temps up to the low 80s and try to keep your RH around 60%. If your pots are on a cold floor, raise them up. Wait a few days before messing around.

.2 EC of CalMag really isn't much and i wouldnt think it's causing your issue.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'll have to read it tomorrow bed soon ;)

What's water softener is it a additive in my water?

Also guys probebely should if said sooner my leaves feel like paper dry but humidiy is correct ?
A water softener is a device that uses salt to change the 'hardness' of water.

If they are that dry then you do need to bring the humidity up. What is it now?

Anthem

Anthem

A water softener is a device that uses salt to change the 'hardness' of water.

If they are that dry then you do need to bring the humidity up. What is it now?
Honestly can you please take a look at what @Ph 007 posted. It is a report from another country. England if I am not mistaken and they are using terms differently. When they state soft water they are talking about low EC not a water softener.

Anthem

Anthem

@Ph 007 be careful how you interprete the above document. It is a study on the PH of the substrate. It is not the same as the value of the PH of the water and food going into the substrate. Substrate is what the plant is actually growing in. In your case Coco.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Honestly can you please take a look at what @Ph 007 posted. It is a report from another country. England if I am not mistaken and they are using terms differently. When they state soft water they are talking about low EC not a water softener.
Ye buddy I'm from UK near England I'm Welsh, im sheep shagger

Ph 007

Ph 007

I don't see any calcium in your water report unless i'm missing it? I'd stick with adding some calmag to your base feed.
Ye nor me mate, I'm not sure how much to use i takes up to much e.c.

I use to grow in soil and use light soil that soil with a week feed init
I'd pot up.a clone into this soil and take my 0.2e.c tap water to 0.4e.c with a&b then feed thst and all was fine no calmag as its soil and i was using nutrients designed for soft water, I'd start 0.8 and go to 1.6 max in flower

So coco if tried all sorts
This one I like becuase it's also same e.c as I would use in soil
So coco I do this
Take my 0.2e.c tap water to 0.4e.c
then add canna nutrients till I tech 0.8e.c then feed that

It also tried taking my tap water to 0.4 with calmag Then throw on 0.8 fees into so total 1.2 the both work but never great lol,
If tried higher feeds aswell , and no cal mag and mote calmag all sorts lol. Usually i have to nurse sick plants for few days maybe 2 weeks then when they get going all is good just can't understand why I'm struggling so bad , I tried a drain to wast setup aswell same problems

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I'm not familiar with Canna's line of nutrients but took a quick look at their feed schedule. Their schedule is for RO water and they suggest ignoring your starting (tap) EC. Add .2 EC of your CalMag and then 1 EC of your base nutrients (A/B) for a total of 1.4 EC (this is including your tap EC). Let this sit for a bit and see where your pH is. Adjust your pH to 5.8 and again, let this sit for a few hours and see if the pH drifts any. I'm curious if the pH of your feed is stable. Once you have a stable pH, water your plants until the runoff is the same EC as your input, in this case it should be 1.4 EC.

Feed like this for a few days and see if your plants react well. It's really a process of elimination, Just make sure everything else is in check (lighting, temps, rh, etc..)

Next time you might want to consider smaller pots but that's entirely your choice. 20 liters of coco seems like a bit much.

Another unknown is how well your roots are established, especially in a container that big. As I mentioned, I know every says you can't over water coco and that's true for the most part BUT only if your roots are well established and healthy. In containers your size, dont be nervous to let them dry out for an extra day or so, just make sure sure water them well to keep any salt buildup in check.

Last edited:
Ph 007

Ph 007

@Ph 007 be careful how you interprete the above document. It is a study on the PH of the substrate. It is not the same as the value of the PH of the water and food going into the substrate. Substrate is what the plant is actually growing in. In your case Coco.
Thanks

Ph 007

Ph 007

I'm not familiar with Canna's line of nutrients but took a quick look at their feed schedule. Their schedule is for RO water and they suggest ignoring your starting (tap) EC. Add .2 EC of your CalMag and then 1 EC of your base nutrients (A/B) for a total of 1.4 EC (this is including your tap EC). Let this sit for a bit and see where your pH is. Adjust your pH to 5.8 and again, let this sit for a few hours and see if the pH drifts any. I'm curious if the pH of your feed is stable. Once you have a stable pH, water your plants until the runoff is the same EC as your input, in this case it should be 1.4 EC.

Feed like this for a few days and see if your plants react well. It's really a process of elimination, Just make sure everything else is in check (lighting, temps, rh, etc..)

Next time you might want to consider smaller pots but that's entirely your choice. 20 liters of coco seems like a bit much.

Another unknown is how well your roots are established, especially in a container that big. As I mentioned, I know every says you can't over water coco and that's true for the most part BUT only if your roots are well established and healthy. In containers your size, dont be nervous to let them dry out for an extra day or so, just make sure sure water them well to keep any salt buildup in check.
Iv tried what canna says mate i get burnt tips thats what i mean they dont even know how to use their nutrients from all then i do it read off them them they don't mqke sense
I assumed e.c is e.c high us high and plants fan only handle so much, his know uh well canna do know that's for sure lol

Earlier u just did what you said yesterday , slam them on 1.2e.c
I took my tap 0.2 water to 0.4 with calmag Then added canna feed line till hit 1.2 I set ph to 5.8 and turned my auto pots on so the now on auto pot bitten fed at 1.2 see how the look tomorrow , I put auto pot on now because I'm sick of hand watering them , the can either grow or fine the pissed me off now lol.

Sorry 15 litre pots the are
Is it iv always used 15 litre pots for soil in suto pot, so use same for coco, I might try drain to wast again in future with smaller pots, I tried last time with 20litre fabric pots tried watering once a day twice a day and 3 and 4 times a day, just found auto pot easier and owned best for me, drain to wast wearnt working out.

I learned that lesson mate coco can remover watered when you first pot up I do let dry a tad between waterings till rooted , if tried everyday when pot up and see in to wast not sitting in run off and always everyday watering over water at first I need to let roots grow a bit then all is good

Ph 007

Ph 007

How things looking now they've been drying out a few days?
If still been daily watering as they do drink it just slow and roots are sboe8ng out bottom of 1 pot, they looked a tad better today since a mini flush yesterday info on that above somewhere lol ^
Today I tiens my auto pots on and fed 1.2 also info above on this ;)

And a video Today of them im about to uploard

jguit

jguit

Supporter
If they're looking better, be patient and keep doing what you're doing.

Ph 007

Ph 007

I top fed mini flush last night and one pot the runoff was like oily , like oil in water the rainbo colour and like a film it was im auteits calmav doibg that

Also often impart if had 2-tone leaves not happened to these yet

See over what they shit is

20220310 121112
20220310 121120
20220310 121120
20220310 121116
20220310 121116

Latest posts

Top Bottom