anyone know why the odd bud formation

• Thread starter sromes1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sromes1

sromes1

my neighbor has 4 plants growing 2 from feminized seed and 2 from regular seeds. the 2 from non- feminized seeds has from a distance nice buds. But up close only the tips show white pistils, and only at the upper sections of the plant , below that there's none showing pistals. Any idea whats happening? It was a very hot summer is that have aborted their growth. posted elsewhere but this site shows larger photos.someone mentioned they are foxtail buds ,
Anyone know why the odd bud formation 2
Anyone know why the odd bud formation 3
Anyone know why the odd bud formation 4
er they are resuming
Anyone know why the odd bud formation
growing at the tips. The other 2 plants show normal bud development but started growing their buds later.

sromes1

sromes1

the 2 others next to these have no seeds, so they weren't pollinated from another plant and if they were hermies and self pollenated wouldn't the other 2 have seeds as well?. they are growing in a confined area and rot was one of the things I suspected

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

the 2 others next to these have no seeds, so they weren't pollinated from another plant and if they were hermies and self pollenated wouldn't the other 2 have seeds as well?. they are growing in a confined area and rot was one of the things I suspected
If it were a hermie and self pollinated this could happen as nanners dont usually contain the amount of pollen a male pollen sac would hold. None of those photos look like anything I'd save or risk smoking.

sromes1

sromes1

we checked these2x a day and never saw any pollen sacs on his plants,I found them on mine and pulled them at first sign

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

we checked these2x a day and never saw any pollen sacs on his plants,I found them on mine and pulled them at first sign
Is it possible that first sign was to late? Other neighbors growing nearby? They may have had a male and didnt pull it.

sromes1

sromes1

Is it possible that first sign was to late? Other neighbors growing nearby? They may have had a male and didnt pull it.
we looked daily so don't think we miss seeing sacs, I'm the only other neighbor growing and pulled at first sign. I started 20 from seed expecting to pull half and gave my neighbor the 2 plants we are discussing

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

we looked daily so don't think we miss seeing sacs, I'm the only other neighbor growing and pulled at first sign. I started 20 from seed expecting to pull half and gave my neighbor the 2 plants we are discussing
Check the buds for seeds, if no seeds then chek for mold. Either way id cut those buds off and discard them. They dont look healthy and i dont think the risk is worth the reward IMHO.

sromes1

sromes1

took madmax 's advice looked at it under a microscope took a vid and lots of very tiny things but since I can't post a vid posted 2 pics and circle on.not great since I had to take 2photos of the vid
at different times ...notice the tip changed position...have no idea what it is
at vid...you ca
IMG 0003b
IMG 0004 1
e thing

sromes1

sromes1

using googledrive toshow vdeo....anyone have any idea what these are....might have towatch for a minute to see lots of movement near the end I decided tol ook at my buds to compare with my neighbors

Last edited:
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I believe those are russet or spider mites. Not 100% but its definitely a mite of some variety.

Pretty sure they are russet mites.

Last edited:
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

that is most likely russet mites, they really suck and can often come back again next year. Maybe try a different site next year. Plus lots of ipm through out beg and early flower

sromes1

sromes1

that is most likely russet mites, they really suck and can often come back again next year. Maybe try a different site next year. Plus lots of ipm through out beg and early flower
Ok thx. Although them
Coming back next year sucks,since he only has a small place to grow them .

Latest posts

Top Bottom