Anyone pressing live rosin from their autos ?

• Thread starter Moshmen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshmen

Moshmen

Just got tired of quality issues/disappointment with black market material ! Now tryin to grow and press my own.
Just wondering why no other threads on live Rosin? Lots of hash stuff ! And bho but let’s get to the rosin
Anyone pressing live rosin from their autos

G

Germination

Pressed good amount of rosin. I’m a first time grower so maybe that was ok be the longeterm move but yup rosin where it’s at.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m only doin a couple grams at time right now playin with temps and time. I shoot for quality first , then quantity. That was wedding cake at 190 degrees and at pressure for 30 seconds my gage isn’t working so not positive of the pressure but I got good good feel ! Lmao

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’ve tried 90-120 and only use them when I’m doing larger quantities. If it’s just a gram or two I just throw a pre press disc between parchment .

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

What is "live rosin"? I press rosin by the ounce, but it is at least dried and cured for 10 days..Sometimes it is still too watery and too tough to collect. Luckily my grow allows me to experiment and fool around to my hearts content:
Edit
IMG 1478

G

Germination

What is "live rosin"? I press rosin by the ounce, but it is at least dried and cured for 10 days..Sometimes it is still too watery and too tough to collect. Luckily my grow allows me to experiment and fool around to my hearts content:
EditView attachment 903607
Nice and why don’t you use the micron bags?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Nice set up! I’m using the baby dab press ya have at the bottom ! I found the best rosin is after the curing process!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thank you..
Your" baby press" is my favorite, and I have been thru a few presses. (sold off on ebay as I wanted to experiment more)

I also did some testing for Dulytek and got lots of free stuff, in exchange
20190422 080728
Dulytek

Moshmen

Moshmen

Do you have any idea the pressure your using?
What are the rest of your starting perimeters?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Do you have any idea the pressure your using?
What are the rest of your starting perimeters?
Yes..I added a pressure gauge to the Northern Tools 10 ton pump (like $30 for a stainless steel street tee and the gauge.)

I preheat the pre-pressed puck for maybe 25 seconds..then increase the pressure to 500-1000 lbs and wait to see a flow. Then I gradually increase the pressure and have never gone beyond 7 tons. That is about all that I need to get most of the rosin out of a 7 gram puck (ideal in those 3x5 plates). My goto temp is 220d F and I shamefully don't do a second press...LOL

Edit: I will press up to 12 grams at a time on the 3x6 Dulytek garage press. Same pressures etc.

quirk

quirk

After a 7-10 day dry, I use to press a few grams from my auto's. Now I'm into tinc and my press and dab rig are dust collectors. It may have been Confucius that said, " a fool and his money are soon departed." Or maybe W.C. Fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom