Anyone remember breeder Nebu

• Thread starter SAPP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SAPP

Premium Member
Supporter
At Overgrow back in the day there was a breeder named Nebu anyone know what happened to him? he use to put out some killer stuff like Watermelon Hash plant and many others.

Motarebel

Motarebel

Jackie O, Blue Ruskaya,White Ruskaya and Black Russian if i remember right. Not sure what happened to him,once C-Bay went down i haven't heard much about him.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Now that's a name I haven't heard mentioned in a nice minute....I hope brutha Nebu is safe!

S

SAPP

Premium Member
Supporter
i don't remember him selling any seed, i wounder if anyone is sitting on some of his stuff.

S

SAPP

Premium Member
Supporter
it is a shame if non of his stuff was ever released, he was the first dude that i saw that had pink and purple buds and loads of frost between that and the photo of Udub is what started me to look for the frost it changed me lol.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I now that some of the Black Russian got out, I had some work done by an old school legend that had his stuff in it...if you look back at the old "Comrade (white russian x black russian)" work that TRC did back in the day, there is some Black Russian in there and I think most of the Blackberry and licorice tastin strains today started with those genetics

Nebu and Memy both were rockin the colorful genetics back then..I used to have a few pics of both of their work but they are long gone now

S

SAPP

Premium Member
Supporter
hey Tex
When was the last time you herd from Lone Star from TRC?

sky high

sky high

I have a pack that Lone sent me labeled "WH. Ruskaya - TRC Style". Dunno if Lone f2'd 'em, reworked 'em, or just passed 'em on....

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I talk to Lone not long ago, he's up in the PNW right now..got his ass outta Texas finally..

Somablaze was in that group also

S

SAPP

Premium Member
Supporter
Back then between the Italian kid keeping it stirred up, i don't think he ever released that Thia) and trying to understand what Lone was saying keep me laughing, i guess I'm getting old now good to see the old cats may be still around and hope they are still doing there thing, wish they would come out some time. I understand Tex i need to get out also.

Motarebel

Motarebel

I remember seeing the Jackie O, Ruskaya's and a mix Nebu put out of his crosses. His gear went for big money as there was usually only a few packs of each. Definately sold em on cbay as i still have a copy of his strain description on the mix pack that a friend sent me. I was after the cherryAK beans in the mix but didn't get em. Mendel is still clutching his Jackie O clone.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

yes he did, after thinking about it i remember the black russian on auction

i got black russian's from a c-bay auction but subcool was the vendor, don't think nebu auctioned any himself
also got black berry widow f4's from jojo
the black line made some pretty flowers but didn't have much zip to it
still have f2's? and x's in the freezer but have not revisited due to potency issues

fwiw

Motarebel

Motarebel

I wonder what Fet is up to now? i believe nebu did sell a few on auction
U could buy nevilles Haze from fet for $15.00 Anyone remember capricorn seed company, or the canadian seed company with apollo11Gf4?

Fet took over his father's business when he passed away. Sure wish i could still get ahold of him as he has a vault full of gems.

Those were the days, excellent genetics for less than $35 a pack all day long.

S

SAPP

Premium Member
Supporter
Mota was he a Aussie they seem to have some great sativas down there I never picked up any of his stuff but wish I had.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Just paying homage to lost soldiers that came before me. I have to thank them for the Jackie-O. I have heard that it is not really the best cultivar and it should not even be considered an elite, but I grew out Mendels Jackie-O x Apollo-13 and it was great. Maybe the A-13 added potency because the JOA-13 is definitely no slacker, but the Jackie-O definitely added an orange sherbert taste to it. I definitely can't get enough of it.

~nugzz

M

mendel

Yup, remember nebu well. And I have, and will have, the jackieo for the foreseeable future. it is my favorite strain of all time. It is hard to grow properly, and does poorly outdoors. if you let your growspace/rootzone get too cold she will hermie like a mofo, but that trait hasnt carried over in crosses done with her.

I will be bx'ing the jo to the jo x a 13 as a longterm ibl/preservation project, although I am somewhat sceptical of bx'ing after conversations I had w chimera long ago.

Motarebel

Motarebel

Mota was he a Aussie they seem to have some great sativas down there I never picked up any of his stuff but wish I had.

Aussie to the bone,he used to joke he sounded like Mick Dundee! lol Yeah he did some hardcore sativas out in the bush.

rollon

rollon

I posted this in altimoods purple thread but I thought u guys might like it. its an article by nebu from 2003. the blue ruskaya is magnified so u cant see much. he describes it as bionic blueberry x cherry ak-47. I also posted a pic of an old heirloom blueberry strain and was wondering if tex could tell me anything about it. peace.
Color purple 1
[/ATTACH]
Color purple 2

Fav purp
Analog

Analog

Wasn't Nebu's black russian used to make douple purple doja? Could be wrong but thats is how I remember it. Somablaze's (RIP) Blackberry has found it's way into a hell of a lot of todays strains actually. The most amazing colored buds I have ever grown out were some veryberrysurprise freebies which according to most people at the time, were mislabelled BlackberryWidowS1's by Orgnkid... if I recall correctly. Amazingly, the first set of true leaves were actually bright purple/pink on 2 of them, will find some pics of them. Crossed them to an amazing Blueberry (albeit dutch passion) and can't wait to pop them outta the fridge when I get a chance. Those were some good times must say, although I never quite liked seeing the bids on a pack of ten beans go into the $K's.

Top Bottom