Anyone remember breeder Nebu

• Thread starter SAPP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mendel

Something that puzzles me. tho.. back at CWorld there was only one person that had A13, or at least that was what they sad it was, and it wasn't fet. Now all of a suden your seeing these A13'S popping up? did subfool get it and and send it out? would be interesting to hear some takes

The apollo 13 has always been around in bean form, just held rather titely until I released the line thru mota. It is my understanding subfool only had a cut of a-13 (be was backcrossing it to get seed), as he inquired about buying seed from mota when we introed this line. I put the kibash on doing a special deal with him, im no fan, hes treated fellow growers/breeders shoddily, he can buy like everyone else.

regards, mendel

Analog

Analog

gtipz, I'm not sure whether you are asking for pics of my freak BlackberryWidow's or for pics of someone elses grow but I'll post some anyway as I'm new here and claims of plants bearing a colored set of first leaves may have me labelled a BS artist if not backed up with pics.
A quick description of what you see here is: 2 females that showed color on their first true leaves and even had purple udersides to their cotyledons. After the first ture leaves grew out the second set on both plants was actually a double set as can be seen. Strangely the plants both stopped growing at this point and stayed at the double set of second leaves stage for around a week and a half then continued growing.
The 4th pic is the male I hit these 2 ladies with, a Dutch Passion (I know many of you may not like DP but I had a whole pack of DJ's BB either not germ or germ then die so I tried DP BB and I like it a lot) The pic doesn't show much so sorry about that but believe me he was very special, strucuture was excellent as were aroma and vigour.
The 5th, 6ht and 7th pics are all of the offspring from the cross. I can't say enough good things about the resulting plants. Yields are good to very good, potency is right up there, Aroma taste and color are all amazing. Overall it's the one cross out of the dozens I've made that I have very high hopes for and really look forward to working. I will upload some pics of the offspring at week 5 however I unfortunately don't have any pics after that nor any bud pics.
The last 2 pics are a Ducksfoot I just threw in for fun and a pic of the foxtailing BlackberryWidow mothers seeded buds which still smoked surprisingly well for heavily seeded bud.
On a sidenote, the BlackberryWidow (or VerryBerrySurprise) beans that I used to start all of this were gifted to me by none other than Jaws himself although I doubt he'd even remember even if I let him know the handle I went by at IC when he was kind enough to share these with me almost a decade ago. I must say he's a top notch bloke and was more than happy to help a brother out even though I live halfway across the world. Thankyou and much respect brother Jaws.
039047019Blueberry male P1 010VBs BlackBerryWidowXBlueBerry  close up2 SAM 2648SAM 3029LUI finished 008PSat7

JAWS

JAWS

wowww VBS i have not talked about that strain for a long ass time a reast from the past for-sure...

i made several HYBRIDS with her back then and a few more a few years ago, i think the last one i made was the BLACKBERRY BANANA KUSH...

i do remember when the strain ran into some problems ppl were like throwing there packs away so i went to my friends at the time a grabbed every pack i could get my hands on and i had many packs back then...

ANALOG was i still RIESINISH at the time or had i made the move to JAWS by then...

trippy but it just gos to show ya if your decent to ppl those ppl remember you a decade later!!

peace bro:)

Analog

Analog

As far as I remember you were Jaws then but the avatar was different, like a little round monster, furbally thing with big teeth though I may be well off on that one. I think I remember you crossed the VBS to an Afghan though and posted pics. I can't imagine why people would be trying to get rid of packs of something that for all intents and purposes was quite similar to black russian which was selling at auction for $1K/10 beans or something ridiculous.
No I must say I have never forgotten that particular kindness you showed me. I was very happy to see you here. I wanted to just say thanks after I had such great results when I crossed it to my Blueberry male but you were nowhere to be found at IC. Funnily I do remember offering to send you some beans as a thankyou but you said you had way too many as it was. I thought perhaps you were being polite but after seeing that list of yours (which isn't even a full list correct?) I see you definitley weren't kidding!!! Thanks again brother, good to see your doing well.

Analog

Analog

Some of the best buds I have ever smoked were purple and I've had my fair share. Here in Australia I've had insanely potent sativa, intense mind melting highs that were more akin to mushrooms than bud in the way they affected me. I've been handed bags of no name outdoor bush bud (as is the practise here, no-one really brands their bud) that has had me more caned than any super silver haze or seedbank sativa.
More recently though, say in the past decade or so I've been exposed to more and more U.S, Canadian and Dutch strains which were never as far out crazy as aussie bush but potent in an Indica or hybridized indica/sativa expression. These give a more complete feeling if you will, both body and mind are a part of the journey and in terms of the Indica experience the U.S strains have by far been the most potent and memorable. A friends BlueberryXLifeSaver being easily one of the finest overall for potency, taste and overall experience.
Amongst all these great smokes were various colored buds. Some of the insane bush sativas have been purple as was my friends BBxLS. Although the vast majority of high end bud has been green thats only to be expected as purple phenotypes aren't even the norm amongst strains that have a predisposition to purple coloring.
I think one of the many reasons people have been turned off purple buds is incidents like that which took place when subcool released Nebu's Black Russian f2's. Everyone was expecting purple kick-ass buds yet few even got a purple pheno in their pack. Those who did realised the green pheno was much stronger and so with one seed release many were turned off and a myth that purple bud was weak was born and then perpetuated.
I think it's merely a numbers game. Seeing as the majority of buds are going to be a color other than purple the chances of finding purple buds that are stronger than green buds aren't all that high.

Analog

Analog

Most of the Aussie bush Sativa which I spoke of are actually an amalgam of Asian, S/American, Indian and Pacific Island strains which landed here via import 30+ years ago which growers found did just fine in our climate. I didn't mean to imply that our buds are stronger than those of other countries, merely that they tend to have an extreme psychoactive high that I've not come across anywhere else. Some of these varieties are predisposed to purple coloration even though grown in sub/tropical-tropical climes. The idea that I was trying to get across is that regardless of geography, genetic origin etc. there are extremely potent purple buds to be found and that extreme potency isn't something that occurs only in green bud. I could have definitely worded it better though. I actually enjoyed the high of the BlackberryWidow I smoked and that was seeded bud whereas I've grown green plants that even had a nice coat of frost that were complete let-downs in the strength department.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
This is the Most awesome thread on the farm ! You guys should write this down for all us newbies the stories you could tell about the genetics is unbelievable Thanks so much for sharing..............Bravo

B

bckwht

This is the Most awesome thread on the farm ! You guys should write this down for all us newbies the stories you could tell about the genetics is unbelievable Thanks so much for sharing..............Bravo

exactly why i keep coming back to the farm! this kind of knowledge is what i thirst for

rollon

rollon

I wish that I grew in a climate like yours analog, when trying to get those Asians to finish we have that dam winter here. peace

M

mendel

actually i was talking about a grow log of the apollo 13. it was a rare bird back in the day and only one person that i knew of had it on Cworld. i was never on overgrow, but, with it popping up now, i thought the breeder would have a full grow of it somewhere.

Hi there this batch of beans has been run thru pretty well since they were made. There are quite a few who have grown these, and there is a grow report posted on another site. I had not pursued the grower who posted asking for pics becuase of the results weve been getting, but I must agree it would help to ask if I could reproduce his results and pics on other websites. Much has been done behind the scenes, and I sometimes forget that everyone is curious what the scoop is. The strain description, fwiw, is pretty much right on.

I will get the message in to the fella, and see if I might export some of his observations to other websites. I am not online much, and he isnt either, but ill see what I might be able to do. Rest assured, all the goals of this project have been met. There are some here who have grown from this batch as well, maybe theyll chime in.

There was quite lot of a-13 passed round at old c-w, sorry you werent privy to that. The reason we brought this back for reconsumption was becuase it was such a memorable cultivar. I do not recollect with your observation that only one person had this variety, but im not viewing the past from your perspective so will leave it at that.

best regards, mendel

M

mendel

I am trying to understand, so neither you or mota have grown these?
best of luck on your endeavor tipz

I made the seed from f3's. Myself, mota and others have grown it out and the project met all the goals set for it. The line is genetically diverse, not bottlenecked by small population controlled crosses. No plants have been excluded in any on these filial matings.

I appreciate your concern, best of luck on your endeavor mendel

M

mendel

Yes, it was a genetically diverse pollination, using all the seed available of that line, in order to preserve that line. There are pics of the result, and a grow/smoke report on another site, as well as the feedback ive recieved from others who have grown it out. Your comment that the grow was unsubstantiated simply doesnt hold water.

Im sorry you dont 'get it', where this seedline is concerned. It wasnt to make $$, it was to preserve the line while maintaining its genetic diverstiy. There are many great 1---->1 crosses on this site that im sure will suit your needs,

M

mendel

I don't think you understand my position on this seedline, so ill get out some of my kid's crayons and draw you a picture.

This seedline has been grown out by several people and we are satisified we achieved the goals of this project. There are pics and a report on another site, but I havent gotten permission from the poster to post them here, as hes not been logged into that site since November. I am not gonna act like an asshole to that grower by cut/pasting from his posts without his permission just to make you happy.

As far as your 'calling me out', I couldnt care less. Im not looking for an ego boost resulting from you getting to see a picture, or having the 'dopest' dope here at the farm. Most of my work is rather unglamourous preservation work anyway, and would probably bore a high roller like yourself to tears.

Meh......

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

I remain in touch with Nebu although I haven't heard from him in about a year. Last I heard he is still doing connoisseur strains. I grew his Jackie O, Cherry Lime Rickey and a few others. Met him once years ago at a party in NorCal. Nice guy.

Nebu

Nebu

Greetings all!

Thx for remembering & the kind thoughts+words. h/t to MastaGrowa 4 the noti.

It has been reported that I was seriously ill--it was another man; dying--it was another man; dead--the other man again...As far as I can see, nothing remains to be reported, except that I have become a foreigner.

;)

I've been well and extremely active on much (too much, lol), excepting cannabis forums, since overgrow.rcmp.
Flag-Half-Staff-218x300.jpg
<~ that, but insert flag with the OG leaf logo>
overgrow.gif

:(

@ stickyfing3rs ~> vaporcafe.org

Top Bottom