Anyone suffer from UC?

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

If you have UC and have been on the steroids, did it help? I have been resistant to trying them (No insurance as well)but it my flares have been really bad lately. Any thoughts?

S

Satica

Hi
If you mean Ulcerative collitis.My mother is a long time sufferrer but in complete remission .She uses Sulfasalazine. but for your answer yes I believe you should control flare ups with steroids( i dont know about the cost and insurance ,sorry).
IMO flare ups should be controlled,period.
what in long term matters is keeping your body as flare up free as possible and intermittent steroid is not a high price to pay if you are not controlled with others.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

UC? Ulcerative Colitis ?
MPB's get stressful, i know. I do know steroids have some pretty bad systemic side effects and you should try other therapies first if you can.

L

Lost

Yes, Ulcerative Colitis. I have heard the roids are fucked up but Im getting flares waaay too often. In remission huh? That sounds good :) I'll look into the med you listed.

CrTrics - My mpb's are my source or happiness, not stress. Working with my girls is like staring at a fish tank, heheh. My UC is stress triggered sometimes, other times it comes out of nowhere.

M

MSL Foundation

HELL NO DO NOT USE STEROIDS!

Use Cannabis milk to stop flare ups and to control the disease completely.

PM me for more information... Cannabis Milk Saved my wife's life....

She was 80lbs dying and on so many drugs and they wanted to pump her full of steroids and take her colon out...

Once we started using cannabis milk it changed our lives... She is now off all Pharmas No surgeries and no steroids... and she has never got really sick again... minor problems and now we are having children...

We have now started an Non-Profit Advocacy group to tell people about it Called the Marijuana Saves Lives Foundation.

Please do not use steroids they are not the answer any longer!

PM me for more information!

M

MSL Foundation

Steroids have way to many long term side effects and you can ask doctors and they do not even know if the steroids actually control the flare ups or if they just go away on their own.... but you still have to deal with the side effects...

I have help so many patients through this process and they are living much better lives since. Life quality is so much better now

MSL

M

MSL Foundation

The recipe is on my website but it is down at the moment.

It should be up and fixed sometime this next week. If anyone needs the recipe you can pm me or I will post it up on this thread and it will be a minute before I do...

Also if anyone needs any assistance Working with the milk I will help!

MSL

L

Lost

Sounds interesting. Yea, don't want to do the roids, but times have been rough..

convex

convex

Mrs. C suffers a chronic condition closely related to UC, but the ulcerations occur on the dermis rather than the colon - very painful and disfiguring.

She has been on steroids and immuno suppressants for far too long!

Would like to hear more on this 'cannamilk' approach.

Cheers

M

MediMary

yo lost I have UC, I have found the biggest thing that keeps away my flair ups is prunes, haha no joke, I eat a bag a day on average, drop me a message and ill give you some details, they wanted to remove my colon.. now im golden all the time.

T

thed_ude

hey man,
check out a product called vsl. it is a pro-biotic and it WORKS. you have to get your current flare up under control by ingesting cannabis 2+ times a day first :)

M

MediMary

im sure lost ingests all the time, haha the best thing to do when your having a bad flair up, is to fast(no food) for a couple days, you will feel week and tired, but it gives your inflamation a chance to heal up a bit, then only food that dont aggravate your UC, anything from fast food places will probably jack u up cause of all the fat, which activates peoples symptoms.

L

Lost

yo lost I have UC, I have found the biggest thing that keeps away my flair ups is prunes, haha no joke, I eat a bag a day on average, drop me a message and ill give you some details, they wanted to remove my colon.. now im golden all the time.

Wow, hit me up via PM, im interested.

Yea, ingestion works the best :)

I went thru a time when I got a flare I would eat plain cheeseburgers from mcdonalds.. Can't do that anymore, it worked for a time, but not so much any more.. hahahh

L

Lost

im sure lost ingests all the time, haha the best thing to do when your having a bad flair up, is to fast(no food) for a couple days, you will feel week and tired, but it gives your inflamation a chance to heal up a bit, then only food that dont aggravate your UC, anything from fast food places will probably jack u up cause of all the fat, which activates peoples symptoms.

Totally agree on the no food thing. It really sucks but its better than being sick for more than 2 weeks, plus the infections..

Most of my current issues have been with the infections. I just cannot see to get rid of them..

T

thed_ude

be careful dude. i lost my bowel due to a bad flare up leading to toxic megacolon. almost died and had to shit through a hole in my stomach for 8 months and three surgeries while they reconstructed a new colon. if you have to take the steroids to bring it under control, do it :)

M

MediMary

predisone is good stuff when You are really really sick.
but its generally not used for long periods cause of all its side effects, I was on it for about 9 months, and i lost so much damn muscle, and gained a shit load of fat(although I was on a really high dose)

but I would give fasting a try lost, I fasted for 9 days straight(thats at the time they wanted to give me the colostomy bag) on the 10th day the bleeding stopped, and I started slowly back on solid foods, that was my last trip to the hospital for UC, except for a colonoscopy every couple years.
If you do start fasting, I would also stay on the predisone at first, get your colon healthy..
then start adding fiber to your diet and see how you react
I was getting a second opinion and the doctor who also had UC was the one who recommended fasting..

(to keep your energy levels up,
Bee Pollen is really good, and didnt effect me negatively, plus very easy to digest..
honey is good to eat as well.

Top Bottom