Anyone think this yellowing is from over watering
Anyone think this yellowing is from over watering 2
Anyone think this yellowing is from over watering 3
Anyone think this yellowing is from over watering 4
Anyone think this yellowing is from over watering 5
Anyone think this yellowing is from over watering 6

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

was running 0.4 ec for first week and slowing have gone up to 0.8ec as i thought they looked hungry .

they seem a little yellow in this system.

watering was 30 seconds every 2hrs ( lights on ) - but i have just changed this to 30seconds every 5 hrs lights on now - no watering lights off

also using GH trio - micro grow bloom. PH at 6.0

Spider farmer 4000 at %50 intensity now and about 32inch high from plants.

this run seems harder for some reason.

seedlings were started in small rockwool cubes and placed into the hydroton

temps around 22-25 degrees celcuis - its been cold here . RH %47-%55 i been trying to get it up more by using a timer on my exhaust to only come on 15min every 1 hr now.

@Moe.Red @Aqua Man

growsince79

growsince79

was running 0.4 ec for first week and slowing have gone up to 0.8ec as i thought they looked hungry .

they seem a little yellow in this system.

watering was 30 seconds every 2hrs ( lights on ) - but i have just changed this to 30seconds every 5 hrs lights on now - no watering lights off

also using GH trio - micro grow bloom. PH at 6.0

Spider farmer 4000 at %50 intensity now and about 32inch high from plants.

this run seems harder for some reason.

seedlings were started in small rockwool cubes and placed into the hydroton

temps around 22-25 degrees celcuis - its been cold here . RH %47-%55 i been trying to get it up more by using a timer on my exhaust to only come on 15min every 1 hr now.

@Moe.Red @Aqua Man
it should be almost impossible to overwater that. Agree with Aqua, increase nutes raise light for now.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

they are only 1 or 2 inch square blocks they very small
Yeah id up the ppm to about 1-1.2 EC . If the roots are out of the cubes as I suspect you will need to water much more frequently… like @growsince79 said it would be extremely hard to overwater them

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Yeah id up the ppm to about 1-1.2 EC . If the roots are out of the cubes as I suspect you will need to water much more frequently… like @growsince79 said it would be extremely hard to overwater them
Yeah thank you. Just upped it to 1.0 ec and raised the light . See how it takes in next couple of days 👍

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Raised the light up

Ec at 1.0 now . 11 days in the Wilma system

I think new growth starting to green up ? Or am I just thinking that

AD9FA277 2016 40BC A47A B8FBE5769715
4638167D 3CFA 437E A252 ADF0577DE026
637B8C96 C70D 47D0 A279 BDA6C2A63CD0
C1840466 3D7D 45CC 8A57 887E117A1972
6C8B5115 D48C 4371 9B2C 1C622934AF55

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Looking better to me
thanks aqua - it seems very light amount of nutes as opposed to having 60 Litres of water in this tank . i reckon ive only got 20ml micro - 20ml grow and probably 10ml bloom in the whole tank.

i am also using great white powder - not sure if i need to add anything else.

when i dump the rez in a few days ill be using the schedule which calls for 1/2 teaspoon per gal of each

so 2.49ml per gallon - tank is 15.8 gal - ill be adding 38.8ml micro / 38.8 grow and 38.8 bloom - using the GH trio

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Is that the

WILMA XL 4 COMPLETE 25L​

So basically it is just a res with pots on top and you water thru the 1/4 tubing and it drains to the res, correct?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

This is where you want to be environmentally at this stage:

VPD Chart

Although this assumes 1*C difference between ambient (which I assume is the measurement you gave) and leaf temp. That's probably pretty close with your light turned down and so far away, but as you get on track and start to pour on PPFD this chart will change for you.

You want to be about 1 kPa right now.

The reason I bring up VPD is that your leaves are curling. Can I get a current measurement of temp and RH, how long the lights have been on, and even better if you have an iR temp gun in your toolbox, shoot the leaf and give me that temp.

VPD sets respiration of the plant. What I suspect is that you are too cold and too low RH at this point. I suspect your VPD is high:

VPD howto

When VPD is too high, you essentially starve the plant even when they are bathed in nutrients. No respiration, no nutes up the stalk.

Obviously there are degrees to this, you are not killing the plant, some respiration is happening. Photosynthesis is occurring. Just not enough.

I'll comment on the nutes after I hear more on the questions above.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is where you want to be environmentally at this stage:

View attachment 1281888

Although this assumes 1*C difference between ambient (which I assume is the measurement you gave) and leaf temp. That's probably pretty close with your light turned down and so far away, but as you get on track and start to pour on PPFD this chart will change for you.

You want to be about 1 kPa right now.

The reason I bring up VPD is that your leaves are curling. Can I get a current measurement of temp and RH, how long the lights have been on, and even better if you have an iR temp gun in your toolbox, shoot the leaf and give me that temp.

VPD sets respiration of the plant. What I suspect is that you are too cold and too low RH at this point. I suspect your VPD is high:

View attachment 1281889

When VPD is too high, you essentially starve the plant even when they are bathed in nutrients. No respiration, no nutes up the stalk.

Obviously there are degrees to this, you are not killing the plant, some respiration is happening. Photosynthesis is occurring. Just not enough.

I'll comment on the nutes after I hear more on the questions above.
Yeah he is definitely on the edge of cold but under his lights i cant see it being 1f different… if i were to bet id say around 3-5f difference.

since he doesn’t really have a way to get these inline right now by the sounds of things by reducing light he reduces the transpiration stress and nutrient demand.

but compare the first set of pics and the second… id be curious to see his ppfd readings

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Is that the

WILMA XL 4 COMPLETE 25L​

So basically it is just a res with pots on top and you water thru the 1/4 tubing and it drains to the res, correct?
yep thats it but i have a 60L tank - 18L pots.

started these in rockwool cubes they are 1-2inch sqare only small. and into hydroton

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

my temps are around the 23degres and up to 25degrees - i was having low %RH so i turned the exhaust on a timer to come on 15min every hour

%RH has gone up to %65

i dont have a IR gun

lights on 18 and off 6 at %40-%50 intensity

watering 30seconds every 2hrs on timer

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So your VPD now is better. I like the higher RH at this stage.

30 seconds seems too short and 2 hours too long to me. Seems like with nothing but hydroton there is no way to get them wet enough and keep them wet. I'd worry about my roots drying out. I don't think you can overwater at this point, but you could underwater.

The only drawback I see to running the pump more is possibly heating the water too much. What are the black hoses going out of picture? Is that a chiller or filter or something?

Top Bottom