Anyone tried dry sift with a simple fly screen?

• Thread starter Silica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Silica

Just wondering as its a bit of trouble and distance to get some silk screen in this area.

sky high

sky high

It will "work" but it will let in a lot of green/leaf matter. However...with another step you can get close/get a fair product.

Sift through the screen and collect the trichs/etc.. I've used unfolded newspaper or a large tabletop....

Now find a small coffee can/Pringles can/etc...... (with a lid). Take a pantyhose.....stick the toe down into the can.....wrap the leg part around the outside of the can.

Now dump what you got from the screen into the can/pantyhose and put the lid on.

Shake dat bitch like a mofo.

In the bottom of the can....under the pantyhose.....will be some kif.

After a few times doing this you will get the hang and figure out how to get the cleanest product....

I did this for a few years before getting a tumbler and then some bubblebags. (I don't sift much anymore, FWIW)

good luck!

s h

S

Silica

Thanks Sky High great idea. By the way are you the same sky high i used to pm on planet skunk or some site like that, we swapped seeds a few times.

S

Silica

Dont have to answer that if you want to stay stealth though..But i was also wondering if it matters to most, mixing different strain trics, like say sativas with strong indicas? or do most keep each strain separate.

sky high

sky high

Could be. "They deliver for you"..... LOL I've lost track of who/when/etc.... but I hope >whomever< sent ya someting hooked ya in a stellar way.....

I personally try to keep trichs from differing strains seperate. My reasoning is for taste. I like to see the true "essence" of each strain come through.

definitely personal preference.

good luck...have fun.

s h

S

Silica

Thanks i thought that would be the case...as for seeds.It was a steller strain alright. hundreds of seeds for free of a sensi star backcross known as black star i thinx x with Western winds. i grew it for years and made many f2's etc aswell. Now the seeds are too old to germ. Most of my friends said it was the best weed they ever tried.

Top Bottom