Anyone tried using Armor Si (or any Silica)?

• Thread starter Medigrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
IMO if your base nutes doesnt have Silica I would always run it. It's the biggest night and day difference I have seen in plants from not using it to always using it.

Your best bet is Agsil16. Will give you the most bang for the buck.

Read this

Signal attachment

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

IMO if your base nutes doesnt have Silica I would always run it. It's the biggest night and day difference I have seen in plants from not using it to always using it.

Your best bet is Agsil16. Will give you the most bang for the buck.

Read this

For hydro I agree. But soil has plenty of silica. It is abundant on our earth.

Also DE is made of silica. So the growers who use it are adding plenty.

Medigrow

Medigrow

You guys think I can add it to the main reservoir? I just did a flush but I saw we have to add silica first, then nuts.

Think Ill prepare a small amount, ph it and add it slowly to the epi bucket.

Last edited:
Ace9137

Ace9137

I used to sprinkle it on top of the soil as added pest control and as a silica supplement but it makes a gooey mess and is harmful to breath so i stopped using it.
I use grow bags, I didn't think about regular pots.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yes you need to add it to plain water first.

I'd say, you definitely should. But I personally dont, I use it as a ph up and after mixing my nutrients I'll dilute a good blob of Potassium silicate into a liter of water, then I hang my water wand just above the surface of the res and let it recirculate while I slowly drizzle the silica solution into the water stream. Doing it super slow prevents clouding the res and dropping nutrients from solution, and i can slowly creep my ph up to where it needs to be.

I switch from silica to potassium hydroxide around week 3 of flower though. I've found I just get a smoother smoke by not using silica in flower. Not sure how much science there is to back that up but it works in my mind lol.

Medigrow

Medigrow

Yes you need to add it to plain water first.

Also I forgot to mention, if going RDWC, on a chemistry side...

Since we have to add it to plain water first... Does it mean we can't topoff using silica? We need to use it only when we do a flush? Kinda strange.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Also I forgot to mention, if going RDWC, on a chemistry side...

Since we have to add it to plain water first... Does it mean we can't topoff using silica? We need to use it only when we do a flush? Kinda strange.

No you can top off with it. Just when mixing nutes. Like @Dirtbag said he dilutes into some water first then adds it to the res. This is also going to be for the more concentrated stuff since the bottles are already way diluted into water in the first place. It just doesnt like to mix into solutions as well as other things why the rule of thumb is into water or mixing it first before other nutes.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Which week do you stop using Si?

Me personally I run it up to the last 10-12 days of flower before I give them plain water. This is also since I have multi res's and I run 1 feed for all of flower for the simplicity of everything without having to mix different batches and not being able to top up all the res's with the same nutes. Being DWC i don't know if I would change that or not.

Indiva710

Indiva710

I use potassium silicate agsil 16h with my rdwc and right now I'm running the rest of my cultured solutions nutes and then going to dry nutes for everything!!!!!!! Since I supercrop and scrog I believe silica is a must have in order for things to go smooth as in being able to bend your stalks not snap them like without using it well from my experience with it in rdwc systems....
I run mine until 3-4 wks into flower usually about week 3 after stretch....it's a must have for super cropping hands down

Latest posts

Top Bottom