Anyone Use Amhydro Magnon?

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightmarecreature

It's only $120 for 44lbs of this stuff! They have a grow and a bloom. So it would cost $240 but you would get 3,100 gallons of grow and 3,100 gallons of bloom. I would probably get 6,200 gallons out of the grow because in veg, I only use about 600ppm, not 1400ppm like he shows. That seems cheap and takes the headache out of making your own salts. I have not seen a difference from using these bases, Technaflora, General Hydro, House & Garden and Heavy 16. They all seem to work about the same. I do notice that the additives make a huge difference but the bases, not so much.

Let me know if you've used these? I'm tempted to buy this after I run out of Heavy 16. I've already spent $100 just on 3 quarts of A and 3 quarts of B, they go fast.

Last edited:
Snake Oil

Snake Oil

I think heavy16 makes a better base than the rest, no cal mag needed no PHing needed, your paying to much for it. If your in so cal buy it at Green Coast all heavy16 products are 30-40% off retail everyday, a ten liter is $65, $130 for the set.

N

nightmarecreature

I tried running Heavy16 without Calcium and Magnesium. Just about killed my garden. I went back to using Cal/Mag and all is well. Th

N

nightmarecreature

The Heavy 16 base is good, their additives suck and are expensive. Ive found a product to replace each additive they have in their lineup.

All these companies are just selling salts and charging you for the water.

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

My OGs get hungry for cal mag if im running RO with coco other than that my plants never need it with heavy16 base. I just tried adding 2ml per gallon of CaliMagic to a WiFi and got tip curl. So there will always be those heavy cal mag demanding strains but the average strain doesnt need it with heavy16 base.

There additives are expensive as hell but they do have a ton of inputs you can easily do it yourself you'll just need more bottles, the only one thats worth it to me is the Fire, it really helps OGs grow shorter with less stretch and more flower sites, especially if you start using it the last couple weeks of veg.
I definitely think its the best base for the price though you just need a better source, $240 would probably get you a set of the 23 liter jugs at GreenCoast. Try running the Bud in veg, I prefer it to the Grow formula.

N

nightmarecreature

I agree with the Cal/Mag part. Most strains dont need it. The clone only cuts i run are heavy eaters of Cal/Mag. They dont flinch even when overfed. I use 5ml of Calimagic and they love it.

The Fire does nothing for me.I have not used it in forever. My ogs grow short and have less space between nodes and have more bud sites without it. There is a secret involved but it's not nutrient or training related.

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

Whats your preferred booster? Id like to cut Fire for something cheaper but for me nothing quite the same so it dictates the cost.

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

As long as your happy with your yields and dont see a need why spend the money, care to share your secret on keeping OGs compact?
I use a foliar additive RNA by Uber nutrients and it really fattens up the stalk and branches and makes them bushier.

N

nightmarecreature

Yep. If the Fire works for you, use it. I know a few people who use it. Triacontanol is what I believe is the secret in Fire.

I can't share but I will take a picture of the Faceoff og tomorrow.

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

Right on, we all have our secret techniques I suppose, looking forward to the pics.

N

nightmarecreature

It took me awhile to take pics. I was not feeling well. Faceoff OG lolli popped.
Faceoff1
Faceoff OG

F

FooDoo

I've gone thru your threads and haven't seen you stick to one thing EVER. You've gone thru almost every line on the market and you're still looking for the next thing to try. Its like nutrient ADHD lol

N

nightmarecreature

I've gone thru your threads and haven't seen you stick to one thing EVER. You've gone thru almost every line on the market and you're still looking for the next thing to try. Its like nutrient ADHD lol

I do have ADHD! I ran GH for 6 months, Technaflora for 6 months, House & Garden for 3 years! Heavy 16 for a little over a year! The results are all very similar, except Heavy 16 is giving me more leaf.

N

nightmarecreature

Nature's Nectar, Ive been using it for 5 years.

If im getting similar results with chemical nutes, why not use Magnon at a way cheaper cost?

N

nightmarecreature

I have a friend that use am hydro says he get great results. He adds calcium nitrate to it.

Nice! I have a big bag of Calcium Nitrate and Magnesium Nitrate to go along if I decide to pull the trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom