Anyone use CNS17 Coco nutes?

• Thread starter Rootbound
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Hi, I am looking at different options after my PBP Soil nutes run out. Just curious if anyone has used this line- CNS17 Coco by Botanicare? If so , did you like it ? I have to add Cal/mag to every gallon of R/O water now. I like the PBP line, but I am looking to simplify. CNS17 has extra calcium and mag added in already they claim, and the ratios are designed for coco.Otherwise I think I might go with Canna Coco nutes. I am using Empire Organics coco coir and chunks. From what I understand the Canna coco coir is pre-buffered for canna coco nutes. Hate to have to switch coco coir brands also, as I have a bunch of the Empire Organics coco coir left. Thanks, ROOT

U

Ulysses

I got a gallon of bloom. It's a heavy Calcium mixture... The one bottle simplicity sold me.

CNS17 was recently reformulated and is now called CNS17 Soil & Coco- And an additional product called Ripe or Ripen was introduced- a type of P/K booster...

Personally, I think they weakened the original formulation when they found out people were using it at half strength and added the left over nutes from the original formulation into another bottle and called it Ripen.

They know people love to dump tonnes of nutes onto the grow and down the drain...

Luck

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Price wise the rates are comparable. Just looking for something designed for coco. I am using what I have left of the PBP Soil formula for coco right now. RB

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
I used the regular CNS17 in soiless grows several times. Always ran it at full strength, which was 2 Tbls/gallon if I remember correctly. I thought it worked well, but I had to keep an eye out for salts build up. A flush with Clearex or something similar every couple of weeks helped with that issue. Not a bad chemical fertilizer for the money IMO.

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

used it. no complaints, make sure ya mix it into your water and don't just dump it in or it'll sit in the bottom of the bucket like little pearls of jizz

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
thanks all, did any of you still need cal/mag with cns17?

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
I did not need to start using a cal/mag supplement til i ran Pure Blend Pro. I had no cal/mag deficiency with the CNS17.

S

smoke1sun

In coco I needed cal-mag with my regular cns but i didnt feed at full strength, and that would also prob depend on your base water.

E

ENTYC

I did notice you needed to use a higher than usual percentage of nutes I am happy with using CNS17 with Blast Off Silica Blast and Hygrozyme in my aeroponic setup its doing quite well and the medium im growing in is Hygromite

S

saltr

Very happy with my half high-N/P guano and half CNS17 grow/bloom blend in Canna coco. Also use carbs, karma, microbes, silica, and seaweed at varying concentrations.
I did not need to start using a cal/mag supplement til i ran Pure Blend Pro.
Have heard Pure Blend Pro has a whacked-out pH, do you find it worth it compared to CNS?

og dmc

og dmc

I never had Ph issues with PBP. Been using it for years. I like to use it with ro water, 1 part calmag, 2 parts pbp. The ratio seems to be the secret rather than the strength.

D

dodietyme

Great info...I was considering picking this up but didnt know if it was organic or not. Since I am running a coco run I will look at it again

P

PK PLANTER

ive used cns17 grow/bloom and had some good results. I still either use advanced nuts, or fox farms with ocean forest soil though, usually. The CNS is easier because its more of a stand alone nut that doesnt really need much supplements.

T

thehaunt

Heard this stuff is real legit. My next grow is going to be coco and will use either this or GH.

D

dirtbagg

Im running these nutes now for the first time and there working very nicely for me

P

PK PLANTER

The best results I had with the CNS 17 nutes, I used 1 part coco and 2 part hydroton (clay pellets) as medium in a top-feed drip system. Plants did very well...

P

paco666

going to 'the town' tomorrow to pick up some coco specific nutes.....like botanicare pbp products very much......was thinkin' cns17 but 2 tbs a gl. seems very pricey to me....

is cana coco a +b the most ph stable....?

L

Lost

I have had really good results with CNS-17 even in bloom. In bloom I used CNS-17, cal-mag (kushes still need more), gravity and snowstorm. On my recirc system, I am using H&G..

J

Jalisco Kid

Watch the coir you are using,it is known for insects that are hard to kill. I thought it was one of the best,I love the long fibers and their chunky stuff. I gave up on coir after fighting the last battle. JK

Top Bottom