anyone use DM Zone with Coco?

• Thread starter captain.koons
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

captain.koons

anyone?

I'm looking to use DM Zone to keep my coco sterile and reuse it a bunch or just give it to my worms.

I usually use Canna Coco which is inoculated with trichoderma and I don't know how this will effect DM Zone.

G

GroHi

CC~ sorry no ans for a few... been on a few things & hadn't ever personally used the Zone w the coir... played w it a while ago w in rw.

Coir is cheap... just toss it w each run is my vote... saves the headaches, jic.

The bene's will not work w the Zone~ some form of sterilizer... can't recall what chemical it is? Will kill off the bene's if used in tandem though.

The trich's + Roots Excel are a great 1-2 combo for the bene's in coir. This will keep out any harmful pathogens much better than the Zone, imho. Peace brother & greenest of vibes.

C

captain.koons

im going to try (maybe)2 small beds of coco one using DM Zone one using pond enzymes (been wanting to test pond enzymes for a while, apparently the same shit as hydrozyme but 2000x cheaper) maybe one control , just doing some veggies since im moving soon and have most of my gear at the new location.

G

GroHi

That's pretty damn interesting~ never personally looked up the zym alternatives. Will have to check that out, but off the top of my head... several different zym's available that will assist plants/nutes/mediums in varying ways. Doubt the pond zym's will have the specific ones suited for hydro, so maybe just a heads up & bit of caution. Like I said, never looked it up, so will do so soon. Pretty cool!

Side-by-sides are the bomb! Would love to see the differences, if... Peace

Top Bottom