• Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

has anyone used this potting soil before
Anyone use evergreen potting soil

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

It gets 3 out of 5 stars but when you read the 1 star reviews it seems like there is kind of a lot of negativity on it. Seems like most love it or hate it. Personally I have had crappy luck with the cheapest brands of potting soil the Sta-Green Lowes brand is absolute crap. So is the Kellogg brand at Home depot. The cheapest one I have used with descent results is the yellow bag Miracle Grow however that ones not organic but cannabis does grows good in it. Obviously the Fox Farm is good thats the standard for most growers but I stopped using that cuz my simple homemade Home Depot recipe was getting the same results not much difference at all and when you break it down by cubic foot its way cheaper. It all really depends on a persons needs if you are only doing a handful of small to medium indoor plants at a time then mixing in bulk is probably not necessary just buy bags. Once you finally break down and start mixing your own soil the way I would recommend doing it is blend a huge pile and then I shovel it into a plastic trash can and put it on the side of my house. Then anytime I need soil I have a huge supply I just walk to the side of the house and use a hand shovel to fill up my fabric pots. Right now I actually have 3 trash cans full I had 6 at one time but I recycled and threw away 3 cans within the last few seasons. I have been growing a lot.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i just saw it and thought i would ask . i am not sure what i will use next time i cant get any promix around here this time of year or i would use it . i would hate to use fox farm i can get some around here but it cost about the same as ordering online around 35 for 1.5 cubic feet

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

It gets 3 out of 5 stars but when you read the 1 star reviews it seems like there is kind of a lot of negativity on it. Seems like most love it or hate it. Personally I have had crappy luck with the cheapest brands of potting soil the Sta-Green Lowes brand is absolute crap. So is the Kellogg brand at Home depot. The cheapest one I have used with descent results is the yellow bag Miracle Grow however that ones not organic but cannabis does grows good in it. Obviously the Fox Farm is good thats the standard for most growers but I stopped using that cuz my simple homemade Home Depot recipe was getting the same results not much difference at all and when you break it down by cubic foot its way cheaper. It all really depends on a persons needs if you are only doing a handful of small to medium indoor plants at a time then mixing in bulk is probably not necessary just buy bags. Once you finally break down and start mixing your own soil the way I would recommend doing it is blend a huge pile and then I shovel it into a plastic trash can and put it on the side of my house. Then anytime I need soil I have a huge supply I just walk to the side of the house and use a hand shovel to fill up my fabric pots. Right now I actually have 3 trash cans full I had 6 at one time but I recycled and threw away 3 cans within the last few seasons. I have been growi do you worry about bringing in bugs from outside ?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

It gets 3 out of 5 stars but when you read the 1 star reviews it seems like there is kind of a lot of negativity on it. Seems like most love it or hate it. Personally I have had crappy luck with the cheapest brands of potting soil the Sta-Green Lowes brand is absolute crap. So is the Kellogg brand at Home depot. The cheapest one I have used with descent results is the yellow bag Miracle Grow however that ones not organic but cannabis does grows good in it. Obviously the Fox Farm is good thats the standard for most growers but I stopped using that cuz my simple homemade Home Depot recipe was getting the same results not much difference at all and when you break it down by cubic foot its way cheaper. It all really depends on a persons needs if you are only doing a handful of small to medium indoor plants at a time then mixing in bulk is probably not necessary just buy bags. Once you finally break down and start mixing your own soil the way I would recommend doing it is blend a huge pile and then I shovel it into a plastic trash can and put it on the side of my house. Then anytime I need soil I have a huge supply I just walk to the side of the house and use a hand shovel to fill up my fabric pots. Right now I actually have 3 trash cans full I had 6 at one time but I recycled and threw away 3 cans within the last few seasons. I have been growing a lot.
do you worry about bugs from outside

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

i just saw it and thought i would ask . i am not sure what i will use next time i cant get any promix around here this time of year or i would use it . i would hate to use fox farm i can get some around here but it cost about the same as ordering online around 35 for 1.5 cubic feet
Yes please don't spend $35 a bag there is no way its worth that. I can get it for around $9 a bag and in my opinion its still worth it for me to make my own soil blend.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i like this pro mix stuff wish i would of bought more lol if i can find it on the shelf i will stick to it but i need to be looking at something different

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If you are going to use bottled nutes, it really does not matter what soil you use as long as it has good drainage.
You're going to be feeding it anyway, so you don't really want anything in the soil to overload the plants.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

wouldnt i have to wash the soil out ? get rid of all the salts and nutes that are in it from this grow

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

wouldnt i have to wash the soil out ? get rid of all the salts and nutes that are in it from this grow
And that is the reason you never feed bottled nutes in an organic grow. They need to be flushed and flushing destroys organics.

growsince79

growsince79

Just have lots of perlite and bottled nutes and almost anything will work.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
I'm planning on reusing my soil. Be hard to clean out during the winter months but if I can clean all of it during the summer, it should set me up for the whole winter moving forward.

Top Bottom