Anyone using blumats with a rez?

• Thread starter AbusiveOGK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AbusiveOGK

I'm gonna be running 36 blumat maxis fed by a 25 gallon rez. Does anyone else have any experience with how often I'll have to refill the rez? I'm trying to get an idea of how much nutrients I'll be going through per run. Thanks in advance!

:afroweed:

A

AbusiveOGK

Http://blumat.info

they are drippers with a ceramic cone on the bottom that measures the moisture level of the soil and waters each plant based on it's individual needs. they're super simple to use and beat the hell outta hand watering.

S

satyr

You have to guesstimate how much your plants drink daily. It depends on size, wattage, age, stage, temps,ppm etc.

Just watch how much dissapears daily and then calculate your needs.

Also remember to have an airstone or 2 in the rez or you will get stale water and lots of slime. The bigger the rez the more important

A

AbusiveOGK

Thanks for the info satyr. I was planning on using an airstone and a circulating pump in the rez, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that airstones may cause PH fluctuation with the House and Garden line. I'm using the Soil A&B plus additives.

A

AbusiveOGK

Thanks for stoppin' in boroboro.

The blumats are a dream come true man. Personally I've tended gardens of up to 80 some plants in less than 5 minutes. Fill up the rez and mix your nutes, the blumats will handle the rest. As far as setup, the feed line is kinda hard to work with because it's stubborn. But some say heating the line by laying it out under your lights for awhile makes it MUCH easier to work with.

If you're thinking of running them, I'd advise to give it a try. Everyone I know has loved them, and the general consensus is that they definitely cut the workload down a ton.

The Joker

The Joker

I've been using them for my mother plants. I plan on using them with permaculture organics where you don't use any salt based nutes. They are not needed because you have living soil. Just add water. Blumats are perfect.

I did try them with GH 3 part and they can get a salt build up. Cut your normal ppm in half for constant feed.

A

AbusiveOGK

Joker the blumats work AWESOME with organic premixed soil. They keep the medium perfectly moist, keeping the beneficial bacteria alive and thriving. You will have great success that way.

As far as salt buildups with chemical nutes, I've switched the the House and Garden line, and they have a product called Drip Clean that eliminates salt buildups. I think GH may now have one as well called Clean, or Clear. Something along those lines.

A

antimatter

I tried them out and though the concept is nice and it does work but not without a couple problems.

1. every single one has to be adjusted perfectly individually all the time.

2. Cones dry out randomly without your knowing basically making them not operate properly.

3. Through a period of 8 weeks of flower I had them get stuck on at least a couple times a week flooding my floor forcing me having to go in with a shop vac and if it wasn't flooding my room my pots were getting to dry forcing me hand water half the time.

4. The lines plug easily

5. pump and 15 min timer + drip line is a 100x more reliable/cheaper/easier

Save your money and don't waste a couple hundred $ like I did.

A

AbusiveOGK

Thanks for the feedback antimatter. I have already purchased the blumats a few runs ago, and I have been loving them. I had previously run them with organic soil though, so I just topped the rez with water whenever needed.

What kind of nutes were you running? If they were chem then you probably would have benefited from something like Drip Clean or Clear. That would have taken care of the salt buildups.

I've also seen complaints from people who use organic hydro nutes in a rez because they tend to gunk up the lines.

A

antimatter

Thanks for the feedback antimatter. I have already purchased the blumats a few runs ago, and I have been loving them. I had previously run them with organic soil though, so I just topped the rez with water whenever needed.

What kind of nutes were you running? If they were chem then you probably would have benefited from something like Drip Clean or Clear. That would have taken care of the salt buildups.

I've also seen complaints from people who use organic hydro nutes in a rez because they tend to gunk up the lines.

When I meant the lines clog easily was the fittings are much smaller and that brown line is also very small so if you get some dirt in your reservoir it can clog the line pretty easily which happened to me a couple times.

The Joker

The Joker

My small ones did the constant drain thing.

If you are going to use a drip system with a digital timer, make sure it's the kind of timer that has a back up battery. With rolling blackouts or tiny power outages, your timer will reset to nothing unless a battery keeps the info stored. I learned the hard way.

I'm also thinking this for larger tubs, so I can go away for a week or two no problems.

C

Compost

I love my Blumats. Using them with PureBlend Pro, so far no clogs. Once Ive had a one stuck on and got some water on the floor. But that was easily corrected. Nothing is completely painless, but these are close..... :D

Top Bottom