Anyone using Canna's PK 13/14 and/or Boost?

• Thread starter hererisssh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey guys. I have a circle of friend that share the same cuts and pass around new things. I gave one of my buddies a Hashberry cut that I wasn't that impressed with but he really wanted to try it. I haven't grown it in a while because everything else I have is better and I have limited room.

I taught him years ago and he's been doing small runs ever since. He grows in Ocean Forest and always has decent results. Recently he showed up at my place with a big smile, you know, the "I've got something special smile". We sat down and I got an overwhelming whiff of something fantastic. He busted it out and I though it was something new I hadn't heard about and he shows me a nug of the Hashberry.

No lie, it was unbelievably strong smelling and blew mine and four others' who had grown it out of the water. His "secret", he got some PK 13/14 and Boost from his brother and had been using it. That's right, the $100 a bottle boost.

I've got a bottle of the boost and have a good idea of when I'll be using it but the PK 13/14 is a different story. It's well known that every nute company puts high dose numbers because they want you to use it up, but the Canna PK bottle is very vague and seems to imply one dose at the 3rd week of flower.

I really want to hear how you guys are using this, specifically when you start in the cycle and how much per gallon (stupid american ;)).

Thanks in advance.

U

ukcheesehead

Hey guys. I have a circle of friend that share the same cuts and pass around new things. I gave one of my buddies a Hashberry cut that I wasn't that impressed with but he really wanted to try it. I haven't grown it in a while because everything else I have is better and I have limited room.

I taught him years ago and he's been doing small runs ever since. He grows in Ocean Forest and always has decent results. Recently he showed up at my place with a big smile, you know, the "I've got something special smile". We sat down and I got an overwhelming whiff of something fantastic. He busted it out and I though it was something new I hadn't heard about and he shows me a nug of the Hashberry.

No lie, it was unbelievably strong smelling and blew mine and four others' who had grown it out of the water. His "secret", he got some PK 13/14 and Boost from his brother and had been using it. That's right, the $100 a bottle boost.

I've got a bottle of the boost and have a good idea of when I'll be using it but the PK 13/14 is a different story. It's well known that every nute company puts high dose numbers because they want you to use it up, but the Canna PK bottle is very vague and seems to imply one dose at the 3rd week of flower.

I really want to hear how you guys are using this, specifically when you start in the cycle and how much per gallon (stupid american ;)).

Thanks in advance.

i used both on my last cheese grow

canna boost 1ml per ltr from first sign of flowering.till when you start to flush .
i add pk 13/14 3 weeks b4 i chop for a bit of a boost for 1 week.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
2 weeks into flowering i start use both pk13-14 and Canna boost 1ml per litre until first flush. :lipssealed

wambam123

wambam123

so you basically follow there grow diary.canna has its own website just incase you didnt know.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Everyone seems to use this product differently and that's why I ask.

Green1 you're not the first person I've seen that uses it like that. In fact, that's exactly what my friend was doing. 1ml each per liter?

UCK you seem to be doing it per Canna's recommendations.

I'm sure you've both run the same strains without it, what are your opinions on the results of the product? Same experience/opinion of the boost. My yields are better than his by a long shot but the taste he got from the same cut is driving me nuts.

He showed up yesterday with a bud from my prized SSH #1 cut and again the smells were amplified ten fold. I've run the Ocean Forest in flower plenty of times and that's not the answer. :headbang

Kuntjoose

Kuntjoose

i havent used the pk 13/14 or the regular boost but the Bio Boost i used was pretty amazing stuff made a huge difference in yield, density and all around smell and taste.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I use both on the first watering right when they hit 12/12

D

d-P

never used, your situation just caught my interest and wanted to ask...is the medium he's using the boost with still FFOF or...? does he use the canna terra lineup of nutes or just implementing the boost and pk 13/14 along with some other brand of nutes? :nerd

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
yea 1ml per litre hererisssh, hope that helps. OH i noticed bigger, sweeter buds when used on the cheese, but ukcheeseheads the man to ask on that, think he's grown that for alot longer.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
never used, your situation just caught my interest and wanted to ask...is the medium he's using the boost with still FFOF or...? does he use the canna terra lineup of nutes or just implementing the boost and pk 13/14 along with some other brand of nutes? :nerd
He's using Canna terra flores, boost, and PK 13/14 in FFOF.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
What amounts are you using zoo?

T

tuffgong69

hi guys,using canna pro soil with terra veg and bloom..started using canna boost first signs of flowering and added(this week)pk 13/14 after week 5(3 weeks before harvest)..buds are looking nice but will let you all know of any taste diff in few weeks..what i do is add terra bloom to 1.4 ec then top up with pk to bring ec up to 2.6 ec,canna boost is added at 30ml per 10 litres water..will be flushing for 2 weeks after this weekend(6th week)..hope this helps,tg :yes

T

toptrix

how r ya hereisssh,,im defo no xpert @ growin,,but ive only been feeding mollasses
to my3 white skunk and 2 b.b.c. the results arent that bad...
i dont beleive we as thwe growin community should
be paying thru the nozzle for produx that are simply the same ingredients
as good old sticky molla...help me out here ,,any info will be absorbed thoroughly..peace.
:flower:flower

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I hear ya toptrix but I've witnessed the difference between molasses and Canna Boost and the results are conclusive in three different strains now.

S

Silica

Tried pk13/14 with and without on many strains.

I would notice bigger yeilds but not using much but for longer , like using it from the signs of flowers untill a week before flushing.
If i used too much in a dose the buds seem over ferted or something but that could have been the heat of my grow room in a hot summer. Maybe both.

But i found in cool weather, with a light fed strain like white rhino, EC of 1.6 -1.8 and raise it up to around 1.8- 2.0 with pk 13/14 not too heavy as im using it for a longer time than its recommended.
But yeah good yeild , taste and potency.
I was told by some hydro shop guy a long while ago that another brand was making something better than pk 13 it might have been heavy weight or headon..Not sure of the name but he swears by it.

Seems hot weather or hot lights you should use lower nutes.

Never used boost but thinking about it.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
When I plug in my info on canna calculater for 40 liter rez, normal feeding, calls for 80-160 ml, thats 2-4 ml per liter. I see everyone else saying 1ml per liter. Is this because everyone else is using coco? I am growing in hydroton... the stuff is so expensive, if 1ml per liter is ok, i would save some money. Been running 2.5 ml per liter for past 3 weeks with boost...

T

tantraman

Canna suggest using PK 13/14 for only a week at about week 3 of flowering.

Greyskull

Greyskull

i max out at 5ml/g for Boost... weeks 5 & 6.
I use the PK13/14 at weeks 3 and 6....

pretty much 50% of what the label says keeps me in the suggested PPMs

Top Bottom