Anyone using Plant prod mj line?

• Thread starter HeLLfiReZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

Has anyone used the new cannabis focused plant prod line? https://www.plantprod.com/crop/medical/

I have been looking to switch to a more easily obtainable fert line and this line sparks my interest. Dry Powder form, comes in 2kg or 15 kg bags and is pretty reasonably priced at around 80 to 109 a 15kg depending on the part. With no dyes added, low heavies etc.

The various parts below.

I'm looking for opinions on how to approach this program. In their guidelines they speak of rotational feeds with grow, cal kick for example, same in bloom. If you check the labels notice the 0% calcium content. Cal kick is cal nitrate with k basically, and cal spike is 0% N Calmag.

I'm really not to sure how to approach this. I'm in peat but planning a move to hydro. My gut says cal kick isn't needed at all and ca/mg supplementation is enough. Not really seeing the need for boost either.

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

Been playing with the bloom and so far so good. Left out cal kick and supplementing with gh calmag. I spoke to the plant prod rep, and dropped off a water sample.

HeavyLungs

HeavyLungs

How have you been making out with the plant prod line? I’d be interested in picking your brain a little 😀.. I’ve been using it for 6 months now. I went from mixing it in with my liquid ferts (Mostly green planet) to using exclusively. I like the results but struggling to dial everything in properly..
are you still using plant prod?
pictures from last room

EFCF7B71 CC89 42D1 9DC0 245DD0FE866C
50BFD997 BA25 44E7 991F 01D34BD8124A
14A4EB58 BA2C 40E4 ADE0 138C19089FC8
F03BB718 EF17 4484 869B A88DECEDD760
BillyGreenVerified

BillyGreenVerified

Hey how you making out ? Are you still using PPMJ? Was thinking about making the switch back to it. I used to use it in the early 2000 (but it was their generic line back then -Not MJ). Was hoping to hear an update or any feedback you could offer.

Happy Growing!

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Their base mixes look a lot like Growmore soluble powders.

The only one I have used is their chelated micronutrients, which are the best on the market. It's the chelated version of JR Peter's MOST.

Superman2955

Superman2955

I love this stuff!

I grow aeroponic and its worked good for me past 3 grows. I've been playing around with the ppm have to keep it low for me.

On boost ATM transition to bloom.

And I use GH Cal/Mag aswell

PXL 20201217 103819915
GREATWEED24

GREATWEED24

How have you been making out with the plant prod line? I’d be interested in picking your brain a little 😀.. I’ve been using it for 6 months now. I went from mixing it in with my liquid ferts (Mostly green planet) to using exclusively. I like the results but struggling to dial everything in properly..
are you still using plant prod?
pictures from last room
Hey, sweet plants they seem to look really good to me, which seeds are they if you dont mind me asking? also, I am a new grower, and i got the grow and bloom base nutes from plant prod, I use that and all cal-mag and b52. Im not sure if I'm putting enough of the npk though, how exactly do you measure yours? also when should i be switching from grow to bloom nutes, on their site it says aftter only 5 weeks i think, but seems to early for my plants, im going to call them tomorrow but thought id look on here in the mean time.

GREATWEED24

GREATWEED24

I love this stuff!

I grow aeroponic and its worked good for me past 3 grows. I've been playing around with the ppm have to keep it low for me.

On boost ATM transition to bloom.

And I use GH Cal/Mag aswell
Hey there, mind giving me a few tips on how to use the grow and bloom from them? how much in weight do you give per gallon of water? and how long before you switch your nutes from grow to bloom?

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

I have not messed with it much, the rep was saying to mix it 50/50 with calkick for a more hydroponic like formulation. I had some success with that in veg but i have not flowered with it.

Superman2955

Superman2955

I use a ppm reader and go by that. Watch for Nute burn in tips of leaves then cut back if need be. Varies per strain.

Both grow and bloom work amazing.

PXL 20210226 165337669
Jrgray95

Jrgray95

I’ve been using this nutrient lines for a few years now and it works great. Took me a little while to dial it in but once your ratios are correct the plants love it. I use the Grow, Bloom, Finisher and Cal-kick. This line can be used in a variety of ways but the calcium content in your water source will dictate how much cal-kick and/or cal spike you will need to use. I am on a large scale RO system right now so a lot of calcium is required. I use the Grow/cal-kick at a 3/2 ratio, the Bloom/cal-kick at a 2/1 ratio, and I use the Finisher(pk booster) without cal-kick for the last week and a half of flower feed before flush. I have also used this line on a smaller scale at my house on city water and the calcium content is so high here in Michigan that I was able to get away with not using any cal-kick at all throughout the plants life. Hope this helps!

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

I’ve been using this nutrient lines for a few years now and it works great. Took me a little while to dial it in but once your ratios are correct the plants love it. I use the Grow, Bloom, Finisher and Cal-kick. This line can be used in a variety of ways but the calcium content in your water source will dictate how much cal-kick and/or cal spike you will need to use. I am on a large scale RO system right now so a lot of calcium is required. I use the Grow/cal-kick at a 3/2 ratio, the Bloom/cal-kick at a 2/1 ratio, and I use the Finisher(pk booster) without cal-kick for the last week and a half of flower feed before flush. I have also used this line on a smaller scale at my house on city water and the calcium content is so high here in Michigan that I was able to get away with not using any cal-kick at all throughout the plants life. Hope this helps!
I'm curious if your ratio is by weight or volume? I was using it in peat but switched to coco. I'm looking to use up the ppmj I got kicking around and see if I can get it dialed in this time around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom