Anyone using quartz heating bulbs in grow tent?

• Thread starter Badvibes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Can you give me links to the 2 lights and what size is the room. What were your temps with hid?
You'll have to see how I have this set up. I had a 10' x 10' x 9' area I would section off with 5'x5' panda plastic panels into a contained area of whatever size I needed & my light kept in 78 - 83f depending on the season with the ballast in the room. As it got hotter I'd remove any heat I could and vent directly off the lamp with ducts hanging off the reflector sucking the heat away.

I was sponsored an led SE3000 light and I build a 3' x4' x6' closet for and I guess because of the time of year I didn't have heat problems. I purchased another SE3000 and intended on putting 2 of my SE3000 in one tent but a mix up I received a small 3x3 x6' and 1 light doesn't give me enough heat to get the temp up over 74f without more heat added. That's why I figure I could just add the heat lamp to bring it up 5*. I now have the door open & a fan blowing over the radiator to get it up where I want it.

It's also heating my other space where the other light is hanging and I think that space could also use a heat lamp rather than the 1500w running 13hrs /day

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You'll have to see how I have this set up. I had a 10' x 10' x 9' area I would section off with 5'x5' panda plastic panels into a contained area of whatever size I needed & my light kept in 78 - 83f depending on the season with the ballast in the room. As it got hotter I'd remove any heat I could and vent directly off the lamp with ducts hanging off the reflector sucking the heat away.

I was sponsored an led SE3000 light and I build a 3' x4' x6' closet for and I guess because of the time of year I didn't have heat problems. I purchased another SE3000 and intended on putting 2 of my SE3000 in one tent but a mix up I received a small 3x3 x6' and 1 light doesn't give me enough heat to get the temp up over 74f without more heat added. That's why I figure I could just add the heat lamp to bring it up 5*. I now have the door open & a fan blowing over the radiator to get it up where I want it.

It's also heating my other space where the other light is hanging and I think that space could also use a heat lamp rather than the 1500w running 13hrs /day
View attachment 1231047
View attachment 1231048
View attachment 1231049
Gotcha.

I’m thinking you are right.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Gotcha.

I’m thinking you are right.
After a bit of looking around I chose this 175w dimmable light & a dimmer switch to control it. I looked for other temp control items but the cheap ones just don't look trustworthy Then the price triples to get anything I'd like. So if this dimmer doesn't work effectively I bite the bullet and get a better controller, i can always use the dimmer elsewhere if I'm not happy using it to control the heat in my tent.

Madmax

Madmax

Thanks for weighing in. I saw they didn’t give off light but I figured there must be at least a glow. Good confirmation, thanks
Nope nothing.the ceramic dont glow.i use them in my 3x5 veg room and it runs 24/7 .im using a 150w atm.i wouldnt mind the nxt one up ..also have a tube heater aswell i have both in my 5x5 right now.id rather the 500watt oil finned heater but got no room for it in there.

B

Badvibes

After a bit of looking around I chose this 175w dimmable light & a dimmer switch to control it. I looked for other temp control items but the cheap ones just don't look trustworthy Then the price triples to get anything I'd like. So if this dimmer doesn't work effectively I bite the bullet and get a better controller, i can always use the dimmer elsewhere if I'm not happy using it to control the heat in my tent.
View attachment 1231271
Alright!!! Lookin good. I’ll check those out. I’m sure it would be enough for my small tent.happy growing

B

Badvibes

Nope nothing.the ceramic dont glow.i use them in my 3x5 veg room and it runs 24/7 .im using a 150w atm.i wouldnt mind the nxt one up ..also have a tube heater aswell i have both in my 5x5 right now.id rather the 500watt oil finned heater but got no room for it in there.
Great, I think that’s the way I’m headed. If the 150w gets your 3x5 even close I’m thinking it would be pretty adequate for my 2x2. Not familiar with a tube heater I’ll google it.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm not sure about the red heat lamps, but the ceramic "bulbs" can't be dimmed. You'd be better off plugging it into a thermostatically controlled outlet.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm not sure about the red heat lamps, but the ceramic "bulbs" can't be dimmed. You'd be better off plugging it into a thermostatically controlled outlet.
No this is a dimmable heat lamp. So it says on the info page. Its almost twice as expensive as the others @ $20 each. I like the idea of added red light any ways and I know how much heat those lights can put out, ( I've been using one in my veg closet for months now on at 100% being able to dim this new one it I can add as much heat as I need. I'll keep a close eye on it at first to dial it in. I have minute timers if I need to shut it off if I need to.

A good temp regulator...Inkbird..$50 delivered...Cheaper ones $35.....the dimmer $16 taxes in delivered and its good up to 600w......If it doesn't work I'll buy an Inkbird, I have their humidity controller unused, I've not needed it yet and I can use the dimmer elsewhere.

B

Badvibes

I see by the pic it’s warming a much larger space than my tent, so maybe a dimmer and a thermo switch would be the best set up? I just received the AC infinity 76 controller which I haven’t set up yet so I can’t say good or bad. What I think I understand is it allows me two temp & humidity controlled outlets to activate ancillary devices, ie humidifer,dehuey. I’m in the mid South so humidity control is my primary challenge this time of year. In the winter even though my tent is in a 7x15 garage workshop with a pioneer split unit for a/c-heat, the lung roomit is poorly insulated and the unit struggles in mid summer and mid winter. Ive recently put some insulation around the lower outside walls around the tent. I’m thinking with my current set up I’ll have to have a separate outlet for my heat source with its own controls.

Latest posts

Top Bottom