Apache T8 LED's - in the (photo) flesh

• Thread starter Swany
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kebz

Kebz

Very nice set up Swany. Glad to see that things are moving along nicely. I agree with tags that its not so much about the power saving as providing more useable light. I think thats the major bonus of LED's that all light produced is directly useable by the plant. They are very efficient.
The girls are looking very happy under both of your set ups.

Swany

Swany

Here's a thought. I looked at the cost difference between running the LED's vs. the T5HO's then compared that to the price difference between the two light fixtures. If I veg under these lights for 30 days, it will take 20 veg cycles to reach a return on the investment in the LED's vs. the T5's. And that's at 10.7 cents a kilowatt. Still makes sense in the long run, but it's a longer run then one figures to make up the cost.

This is a screen shot of the formula...
New Picture 2

Ever after

Ever after

more about these lights give me anything they seem like mediocer t5's it doesnt even seem that much better or cost effefficent in the long run away way unless you harvest once a year

Swany

Swany

arnt these just clone lights ?
I'd say that would be the use for them. I'm still getting my set up figured out and ended up vegging where I would normally clone. I've got to split my 16 pot hydro into two 8 pot setups so I can stagger the grow, then I'll have space ready for clones when they need it. In the mean time I thought I would see what happened if I vegged half under the LED's and half under the T5's.

I intend to keep these things lit for awhile so they should pay off in 18 months or so... ;-}

Swany

Swany

Great info Swany!
Would the T5 even last 20 cycles ?
Hey Preacher - sorry for the delay, was trimming my arse off and then went to Burning Man. The T5 bulb will do 20k to 24k hours. If you veg 18 hours a day for 30 days you'll get 37 cycles. If you replace the bulbs early due to lumen degration you'll get about... oh... 20 ;-} So I guess right about the time the LED's pay off you save the additional cost of another set of T5 bulbs!

Ever after

Ever after

can you get a half pound of resiny bud thats not so dense but good enough to for hash from sea of greening 60 1 gallon plants under a t5 or do i need to upgrade to a 400w hid i just dont want to spend more on an extra HID light just for some clones someone gave me i wanna flower them out and get the bud bag as i spend 500 for 65

ThePreacher

ThePreacher

Swany!
How was the Burn ? Been wanting to go since 2007, just hasn't happen. Was thinking next year, haha. I have some projects in motion that should get me in a good financial setting, and would give me the opportunity to be where I want to be, and do what I want to do.
....and what is it we want to do ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom