APE's Swinging from the Trees (Vertical of Course!)

• Thread starter ape
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ape

ape

Hello all,
I'm start this journal to Chronical my first flower run in several years. This time it will be a Vertical Grow using methods I have learned over the years and stuff I have learned or watched from others like Doubled and Dizzle.

So here's the setup:
5K of hps light (bulbs are Interlux Brand which are private label Lumateks).
24k Btu of AC (from a window unit because I couldn't afford a mini-split)
Dehumidifier
Gen2 CO2 Generator (thanks to Omer!)
Plants: Blackberry Rhino aka Blackberry Kush (wonderful when grown correctly at 10 weeks. Thank you Oregon Kid).

Just a few things to get out of the way:
First, lets keep this thread about growing and stay on subject. If you have anything personal to ask like what the hell I've been or where I'm at, just send me a pm. Next, I've been mulling this over but feel it's neccessary to say. Because of the events that have taken place over the last two years (3 Raids) I have lost upwards of 6 figures in property damages, confiscated equipment, inventory destruction, and other bs. I have tallied losses including owing members in the community. I've got you all covered and feel free to send me a pm. It just takes time to keep getting up every time the locals of DEA want to mess with someone. Feel free to PM me...

So here's the current story. I was down and out and hooked with some of my friends and scored most of my genetics back-none of which was ready for the grow, but I inherited these Blackberry Kush. Its a great plant but probably not my first choice on a vertical run. I got 12 5 week old cuttings in 6x6 rockwool (I hate rockwool). Only two of which had any roots sticking out of the cubes after 5 weeks! And they were crawling with spider mites.

I got rid of the mites with sprays of Avid and Floramite spread three days apart. If you want to get rid of spider mites just deal with them immediately and don't be lazy. IMO if you loose a whole garden to mites it's your fault and not who you may of caught them from or how you got them. Period...

So, I took the horrible looking clones and soaked in Supernatural Super Soak which automatically corrects the pH of ANY media. I soaked the plants for 40 minutes to insure the media was perfect. The guys I got them from don't believe pH is that important! ( a story I hear waaaaay to often).

I also took the hugo blocks and place the entire plants in 1 gallon grow bags of coco. Within days new growth appeared and the hard and brittle purple stems grew fresh green and flexible growth. So let's fast forward...after 4 weeks and 1 day of vegging in 30 gallon smart pots containing 70% coco and 30% fine perlite ( I hate the big and chunky) plants are now 52" tall and approximately 42 inches wide!

ape

ape

More details...

Here's the nute regimen:
Cutting Edge Solutions
CalMAX (special custom cal mag I'm testing)
Roots Excel
Bioweed from GH Organics(also testing Black sea Kelp from Vermiplexstore.com I think).

Every Sunday plants get Black Sea Kelp and Great White (also testing private lable myco product for upcoming fertilizer line).

Using 30 Gallon Smart Pots (because Chef said I could NEVER fill it up with roots). 70/30 Coco and perlite mix I have been using for years. Right now they are hand watered daily with a FEED, FEED, WATER regimen. When filling the Smart Pots I used Plant Success Granular and Humic Shale that too is in testing. Humic Shale definitely adds a sheen to the leaves, makes the plants smell more, and creates a stockier plant with heavier and stronger limbs. Stuff looks just like coal.

It's late and my EVO is tripping so I'll post pics tomorrow.

K

Kobe24

Good Luck Ape.....keep us posted bro

thats what I was trying to tell you about the other day

D

D.Tree

U da man ape! Sound like you got some beasties on your hands.

Still rocking ur Chemdog #4. We know shit happens, it happens to us all. Live learn and move forward! Thanks for all you've done ! We got your back

J

JAHGYDI

glad to see you back at it ape. just pulled my angel tear kush plants. good luck and jah bless.

Invictus

Invictus

Nice... :party0033: Ape hangin from a vine, can't wait to watch this! Homie, I'll give you a buzz later today to check in with ya.

Aligee

Aligee

Sounds good homie !!! Show us some pics lol !!! Heard lots of great things bout ya bruh good luck coco~SP~vert candles rock hardcore your in for a duper harvest !!!

ESER.ONE

ESER.ONE

Well glad your ok atleast but you got a lot of shit to clear up that's for sure..lol I'm sure scott still needs an explanation... here today gone at night..lmao.. you know was up ape. Be safe.!

true grit

true grit

You using the "manage attachments" option brother man? its on the screen that you make your post from and you can just attach from your comp.

J

Jalisco Kid

If you can grow half as good as you can raise mites to eat floramite and avid and come back asking for more you will do well. I saved my tanks for over a month and now you post this. Mijo que pues? JK
Call me I am going home soon to watch them put in my well. Hope you get your tree strain soon,so many choices,too little time.
Did you go with those 1500's

G

gooey

seems to be some wierd vibes in this thread but i hope you have a wonderful grow amigo...rock it...peace and puffs

C

Cali Grower

seems to be some wierd vibes in this thread but i hope you have a wonderful grow amigo...rock it...peace and puffs

yea. i cant help but feel like im missing something... anyway, im posted for pics. bb kush is a great smoke when done right. ive def had some sub par bb kush that looked great but didnt deliver on taste. subd

Invictus

Invictus

If you can grow half as good as you can raise mites to eat floramite and avid and come back asking for more you will do well. I saved my tanks for over a month and now you post this. Mijo que pues? JK
Call me I am going home soon to watch them put in my well. Hope you get your tree strain soon,so many choices,too little time.
Did you go with those 1500's

Jk, Those borgs that he raises are his pets. You'll need either Pyreth-it or possibly Napalm to deal with them critters.

ape

ape

finally figured it out???

Ok...here is a try and I hope it works. These are last week's pics of the room being put together. You will notice:
1. Only 3 ballasts are working because two Xtra suns burned out within 48 hours.
2. Back walls are not finished.
3. Some miscellaneous things are still in the room.

Early veg
Earlyveg2
Settinguproom1
Settinguproom2
Settinguproom3
Settinguproom4
Settinguproom5
Digimax
Top Bottom