Apollo 11

• Thread starter Fasheeryfo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

This will be my first official indoor grow, done under my own care using my own funding.. I am using the Dr. Earth LSP 258 kit created specifically for a 6 plant indoor organic medicine set up in 5 gal. containers.​
Plants:​
(6) "Phoenix Diesel" clones (a friends diesel plant that survived a fire)​
Soil/nutrients:​
Two bags of Dr. Earth® 1.5 Cu. Ft. Home Grown® potting soil or Pot of Gold® potting soil.
One 4-pound bag of Dr. Earth® Organic 2™Starter Fertilizer 2-4-2 (the start)
One 4-pound bag of Dr. Earth® Organic 5™Tomato and Vegetable Fertilizer 5-7-3 (the middle)
One 4-pound bag of Dr. Earth® Organic 8™Bud & Bloom Booster 4-10-7 (the finish)
One pint of Dr. Earth® Liquid Solution™All Purpose Fertilizer 3-3-3 (the maintenance)
One pint of Dr. Earth® Seaweed Concentrate 0-0-4.5 (the micro-maintenance)
^taken off the feeding schedule sheet^

Equipment:
secret jardin dr120 4x4 grow tent (1)
C.A.B. 6" xxxtreme air cooled reflector (1)
digilux 1000W hps bulb (1)
Quantum 1000W dimmable electronic ballast (1)
CAN 1500 Carbon filter (1)
6" inline fan (1)

I still have to set this up, I have all the pieces to the puzzle I just need my friend to get the rest of their stuff out of the apartment. Plants go in this Monday! Doing as much reading and preparation as possible until that happens, if anyone would like to cut out a little reading time for me though I have a few questions.

-Has anyone tried this Dr. Earth kit? I'm going to follow the feeding schedule exactly since this is my first time (I've messed around before but was never serious about it)

-Will I be OK with just one 6" inline fan going carbon filter>hood>fan>outside tent in a series or will I need a separate fan for the filter and one for the hood.. I will also have an oscillating fan that is pretty powerful to move air around but as of right now I only have one inline fan actually pulling air out of the tent.
Apollo 11
Apollo 11 2

Krasi

Krasi

Nice tent, is it the new revision 2,5, seems it has lots of improvements.

Reactions: mal
Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

I got it new from a local shop (actually "used" for display discount woohoo) so its probably the new version? Ill take some more detailed pics this was just a mock set up.

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Looking good.....thats how I run my setup 6 inch fan attached to carbon filter pulling air threw the filter then threw the hood then out the tent......but when I added a 4 inch inline to the bottom of the tent to bring in fresh air I had way better results!

Ill get a pic for you I erased all my old ones but if you check some of my grow diaries on here u can see just how my tent is setup!

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

Alright man thanks a lot, that's just what I needed, I was looking through the grow room set up/designs section but those builds are for like 20000$ rooms/warehouses. Ill look through your diaries.

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

I just now realized there is a strain called apollo 11? I called this grow apollo 11 because the tent looks like a spaceship and apollo 11 was the first time they walked the moon.

Anyway as of yesterday 7/20, I got the clones from a friend.. they are in need of some TLC which kind of sucks cause I don't really know how to trouble shoot stuff yet but it's also a good thing because that is how I will learn. I filled the buckets with Dr. Earth homegrown potting soil, mixed in the starter fertilizer into the top layer of soil watered it in, then lightly watered with seaweed concentrate.

The only thing I think my tent is missing is the air coming in from the outside. I may have overkilled the exhaust fan with a 6" inline, I have it running Carbon filter>light>fan (fan is outside tent) and when the tent is all zipped up and sealed, the sides are literally sucked completely tight and it is like a vacuum chamber. I needed to open up the side vents and un-cinch all the holes for air flow.

some pics of the set up/sad plants. I have the light that high to avoid lumen shock from bringing them out of T5's to 1000w hps.
top of tent has 3 cross bars 2 that go one way under neath the one that goes the opposite way for supports, I attached the light to the one that goes over the other 2 for extra support. there is a plug hole there as you can see, one 6" port on the right, two 6" ports on the left and one 6" port up in the top right corner. Bottom of tent has 1 mesh window on both sides that cover up with a patch you velcro on, there is a big door/windows on each side ... I'm sure everyone else knows this but DON'T use the regular dryer vent stuff, such a pain in the ass to adjust in the tent. bottom of tent has another cord port in the back center, and a 6" port on both sides near the front of the tent.
IMG074
IMG075
IMG077
IMG079
IMG080

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

You definitely need fresh air coming in. If you are sucking air out, you need to be replacing it with fresh air at almost the same volume and speed; though the negative pressure is something you are looking for. Another thing I am careful of is placing young plants, especially stressed ones, directly into such nutrient rich soil. Sometimes the soil can be too hot for the plants young roots and cause leaf burn. On the other hand, given the size of your plants, it may be nutrients that they are looking for. So simply keep a close eye on them for the first several days.

I have never used the Dr. Earth nutrients, but the first time I use any nutrients I use them at only a portion of the recommended strength. It seems as though I am a bit late with that advice, but it can be useful for the future.

Good Luck.

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

thanks for the info! Today I'm going to put a 4" fan with fresh air coming from outdoors into the bottom of the tent... I will probably poke holes in the ducting so it comes out at multiple points instead of one big blower mess around a little and see what happens, and also throw probably like 2 little fans to move air around in there. With the 6" exhaust and 4" intake it should have some neg. pressure, thanks for letting me know that was a desired effect.

did I do the right thing by putting the light a little farther away from them? Is a day or 2 enough for them to get used to it and drop it like its hot?

I actually knew that plants don't like being transplanted from something they are used to right into nute hot soil, I was just following the piece of paper Dr. Earth put out for a "no guesswork, follow this exactly for maximim potency/yield" schedule/instructions/chart to see what the result would be...If they do start stressing from the rich soil, is there a way to counteract the stress (I would like to stay organic) or should I just start over? I have more options for clones and if it happens in the first few days it wouldn't be a big deal to restart fresh I suppose..

p.s. the clones are from an aeroponic cloner and the back right one (tallest) barely has roots :/ maybe I should just start fresh anyways or at least throw some other strains in there

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

thanks for the info! Today I'm going to put a 4" fan with fresh air coming from outdoors into the bottom of the tent... I will probably poke holes in the ducting so it comes out at multiple points instead of one big blower mess around a little and see what happens, and also throw probably like 2 little fans to move air around in there. With the 6" exhaust and 4" intake it should have some neg. pressure, thanks for letting me know that was a desired effect.

did I do the right thing by putting the light a little farther away from them? Is a day or 2 enough for them to get used to it and drop it like its hot?

I actually knew that plants don't like being transplanted from something they are used to right into nute hot soil, I was just following the piece of paper Dr. Earth put out for a "no guesswork, follow this exactly for maximim potency/yield" schedule/instructions/chart to see what the result would be...If they do start stressing from the rich soil, is there a way to counteract the stress (I would like to stay organic) or should I just start over? I have more options for clones and if it happens in the first few days it wouldn't be a big deal to restart fresh I suppose..

p.s. the clones are from an aeroponic cloner and the back right one (tallest) barely has roots :/ maybe I should just start fresh anyways or at least throw some other strains in there

Having ducting with holes running through your tent to distribute fresh air is a good idea. Since you are bringing in air from outside I would suggest having a HEPA filter or dust cover on the fan so you you don't accidentally bring in bugs or molds into your tent.

Having the light further away from the plants is definitely the proper thing to do. The change from fluorescent lighting to HID lighting can definitely cause shock in the plants, so a gradual change in distance is going to help keep this at a minimum. You may still see a bit of shock, but it should be lessened by the distance of your light. Also you should be keeping a close eye on the temperature in the tent and at the canopy level.

Going from aero to soil usually isn't much of a problem, yet it may take an extra few days for them to fully adjust to their new environment - that is if their root zones are strong. If you do start to see problems arise because of the transplant into your soil mix, you may still be able to safely pull your plants out of their current pots and get them into a soil that is less hot, I tend to use Fox Farm Light Warrior to start my plants. Although doing yet another transplant on already stressed plants can put them over the edge and kill them. I would highly recommend getting either Great White or Azos as these are the two best products on the market (in my opinion) for mycorrhizae and beneficial bacteria cultures. Using either of these products on the roots (I apply Great White directly to my roots) will help minimize all this stress and help keep the rhizosphere happy and healthy. I would also suggest a good kelp product (I have had great success with General Organics Bio Weed) as a foliar spray. A light does of kelp spray will really help the health of the vegetative material and the overall help of the plant. The combination of the microlife and kelp will improve your chances of keeping the plants happy and alive; I have had great success at transplanting tomato plants from the ground into pots with Great White and Bio Weed.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Do not transplant again. The soil your using is great stuff. Just make sure not to over water. You just ppanted them give them a few days. Adding trich/myc is a fine idea but not really necessary, oregonism xl is a cheap product from roots that contains all that plus dry kelp and yucca. If ya really want a kelp additive check your grocery store or walmart its summer you can buy a quart bottle of liquid seaweed for like 5$ almost anywhere. Don't foliar too much while the roots are stretching out or you'll retard the root growth.

Killer tent ! Good luck.

Element

Element

Hey man
You have a bunch of good advise above. If you have the option of of starting over with fresh cuts, then Id watch these for a few days and add nothing more to see how they react. Once they show signs of improvement or decay, make your decision. You should be fine though brotha. They look like they could use some good soil and nutes. Best of luck

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

yo bro my setup is different...I have my inline attached right to my filter hanging at the top of my tent(your better to have it there cause all hot air rises and the roof of tent is where its gonna build up most and it gives u more floor space) so hot air rises gets sucked threw the filter and fan and then pushed threw the cool tube and out the tent.......if your setup is working for you then leave it be just letting you know exacty how mine is setup and if u check my grows ive had lots of successful runs like this......but u can always just string that filter up above your hood easy move...you dont really want it at bottom sucking out all the new fresh air u r bringing into the tent!

in my cracking some beans thread 2nd page u can see a pic of whole setup!

anyways good to see the plants in tent and things are kicking along......keep us posted!

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

Well I fawked everything up right from the get-go. To start, the pots I'm using are 3 gallon containers not 5, the measurements I was doing with the seaweed extract was for 6 five gallon buckets :D

status report as of tonight: One died overnight (the one without roots) I figured this would happen... The others look OK but I think the leaves are starting to show signs of stress already although I don't know if I missed some stressed leaves in the initial cleaning I did when I received them and they just got worse over night or if they are whacked out and need replacing.

When I first started planning I thought I was going to do a 6 bucket DWC set up but didn't know what I was getting into I bought all the pieces except the nutes (was going to use the supernatural lineup) but then I saw the outcome of my friends set up I was going to copy and decided against it until I got a little more used to just getting something to grow.

yo bro my setup is different...I have my inline attached right to my filter hanging at the top of my tent(your better to have it there cause all hot air rises and the roof of tent is where its gonna build up most and it gives u more floor space) so hot air rises gets sucked threw the filter and fan and then pushed threw the cool tube and out the tent.......if your setup is working for you then leave it be just letting you know exacty how mine is setup and if u check my grows ive had lots of successful runs like this......but u can always just string that filter up above your hood easy move...you dont really want it at bottom sucking out all the new fresh air u r bringing into the tent!
yeah I looked at your set up, I didn't put the filter up because I wanted to get the different vent material instead of using dryer vent so I fixed that today.. I don't think I can fit the 6" inline that's sucking the air through the light inside the tent or I would have done the same thing you did. The light hood is sofa king huge I hardly have room for anything maybe I went overkill but I got it in a package deal that was like $750 worth of stuff for $450 (c.a.b hood, digilux 1000w hps bulb, quantum 1000w ballast)

I need a new thermometer (getting that tomorrow) but the one I stepped on right when I took it out of the box says its 80 degrees up in that space ship..

got a 4" inline fan sucking air from outside into the tent (got a bug screen/mold filter on the end) the only problem with that is I'm using 6" dryer vent to the 4" inline back to more 6" dryer vent... I have to get some 4" stuff tomorrow also, I just used what I had already for today Oh how I love being prepared.

here's some pics of the changes, I totally spaced taking close ups of the plants themselves, at this point I'm more attached to the set up than the things inside, I have a few other projects I started up with lights that were gifted to me, and a few I threw outdoors a little while ago that have just been getting water. The funny thing is, the less I do care, the better they seem to grow.

All females!! Durban poison/Kush mixed seeds from last years crop that I missed some males
IMG081

can you find them all!
IMG082
a makeshift room I built with 4 babies I just flipped same seed batch as above using FF nutes (only grow big) in Dr. Earth homegrown potting soil
IMG083

new tent set up
IMG086
IMG088

thank you guys for the comments, you are awesome!

IMG085
Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

the last pic that came out as a thumbnail is of a veg room, those plants were also donated to me and they were super stretched. seeing what happens wooooohoooo

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

Today I'm going to germ a 10 pack of Cannaventure ECSD clone X Alien Kush F2 I got the other week, plus the 2 freebie fems I got, G13 Labs Cheese and World of Seeds medical collection Mazar X Great White Shark. I'll throw these in the other veg room once the beans pop.

also if anyone is wondering about the other project, both flower and veg are 600w HPS with a 6" inline moving air through them the lights were given to me, as well as the fan.

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

WOW that Dr. Earth stuff works great! look at the progress in just a day
IMG090

teehee, just kidding. I switched a few plants around, put the rescue clones under my 600w that I had these flowering under, and put these under the 1000W to bud. The temp. is about 75 with the light off, I'm wondering if I should have all the fans on a timer too so they go off with the light or keep those running all the time. P.S. this pic was taken pre-vacuuming, I'm not that dirty :D

Element

Element

Your plants needs fresh O2 at all times. Keep the fans on constantly

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

These babies are about 30 minutes away from me so I don't get to see them every day, I'm waiting til I move into my new place to start fresh with new seeds/new clones where I can start them and care for them properly from beginning to end with daily inspections, proper ph balancing, etc. etc.

That being said, when I do get to see them I am sofa king busy.. each day it's something different. Today, I moved some stuff around in the veg rooms, put all the taller plants in one room and raised the light, then opened up the curtain separating them since they are on the same light cycle. My buddy messed up and fed them TABLEspoons instead of the required TEAspoons of nutes... soooo we will see where that takes us haha

In the flower tent I changed my ducting, thanks for helping me out, mitchynugz! It now goes filter>fan>light>chimney. Such a pain in the ass to hold the filter and fan together and up and get it all secured properly using old wire... I also closed off the open end of the intake ventilation and poked a bunch of holes in it on all sides and it's got a nice even distribution of air.
IMG095

Then I built a screen for them to grow through and to help hold them up... kind of a SCROG but I didn't do any research on that so I don't think it's a legit SCROG, especially since these are already in flower and I think the purpose is to let them grow into the screen anyway you guys know more about that than I do.
Still not done setting that up I had to jet, finishing on Sunday... I put a bottom cross underneath the canopy to hold them up a little later on and then a little network on the top...
IMG098

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

update on the original gifted clones... still trying to nurse them back, it's an uphill battle... there is a little bit of new growth on a few but they all seem to still have yellowing leaves and stunted growth.
the 5 similar pots are the sad clones, the 4 others in the background are more orphan plants started from seed...

out of the sad clones, the one in the middle front row is doing the best, the one on the right of it is in second and the other three are tied for last.. bottom left corner of the pic is doing the worst
IMG094

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Fasheery, I would recommend using a kelp spray on those girls, I am sure they will love it. The kelp will help infuse some much needed micro-nutrients into your plants and should help improve their health. I would also try some kind of mycorrhizae product to improve the rhizoshpere of your plants.

Top Bottom