Apollo 11

• Thread starter Fasheeryfo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thomas

thomas

iam getting a 1000w hps set up friday.how do u like yours.and have you ever fkowerd with it befor? sry fir the dumb? just woundering on what to look fowardto.haha...nice plants as well man.

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

Fasheery, I would recommend using a kelp spray on those girls, I am sure they will love it. The kelp will help infuse some much needed micro-nutrients into your plants and should help improve their health. I would also try some kind of mycorrhizae product to improve the rhizoshpere of your plants.
Alright man, thanks a lot. I have Dr. Earth Seaweed concentrate it's 0-0-4.5 do you think that would be alright or should I get something else? I'll be getting some mychoz soon needed to save a little money.

I finished my late SCROG tonight except the tall girl in the back
IMG101
IMG102
the diesel clones are coming back! new growth
IMG103
IMG100

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

iam getting a 1000w hps set up friday.how do u like yours.and have you ever fkowerd with it befor? sry fir the dumb? just woundering on what to look fowardto.haha...nice plants as well man.
thanks man, I love the 1000 this is my first time using it. I have been around a few rooms and it definitely makes a difference, they grew a lot and look a lot better after getting the 1000. Plus it was 100$ more than the same set up with a smaller hood and a 600w with the low end equip so I went with the big one, I would definitely have upgraded eventually anyway if I got the 600. Go big if you can early that's how I feel...

thomas

thomas

yeah i agree..hopfully the guys at the hydro shop will hook me upp...i buy alotthere..and you dont use that for veg tho doyou?

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

These ones I actually didn't because I hadn't bought the 1000W yet so I started them in sun when they were seedlings, moved them under a 600W HPS for vegging and then bought the 1000W hps and put them under it but had already flipped them to flower. I would definitely veg under a 1000W though, the more power the more they will grow is the way I look at it... maybe that isn't the best way aha. I would keep the lights (the cfls or w/e) you have for starting seedlings and when you clone and get a 1000W hps for vegging then flip it under the 1000W and harvest then invest in another 1000W or 600W hps or metal hallide (whatever you prefer) that way you could have the CFL for really young stuff, 600 or 1000W for veg and a 1000W for flowering.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Alright man, thanks a lot. I have Dr. Earth Seaweed concentrate it's 0-0-4.5 do you think that would be alright or should I get something else? I'll be getting some mychoz soon needed to save a little money.

Honestly I do not know enough about the Dr. Earth Seaweed concentrate to give you a definite; usually the Dr. Earth products are very good. Check the label and see what kind of seaweed they use. Ideally your concentrate should be made of Ascophyllum nodosum, it is a high grade sea kelp that is often touted as the best kelp variety to use fro growing. I would personally be looking for a kelp product with a higher Nitrogen content. I like using General Organics Bio Weed, I have also heard good things about Nitrozyme as well.

As for myco products I would recommend Xtreme Gardening products, definitely the most bang for the buck. I personally use the Plant Success line of myco products, Great White is my favorite. I do also recommend their Soluble product, I use it as a soak for all my starter plugs and to provide an extra boost of micro-life for my soil through the grow. The Soluble is also half the price of the Great White, so it is a slightly more economical choice for adding micro-life to your grow.

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

As for myco products I would recommend Xtreme Gardening products, definitely the most bang for the buck. I personally use the Plant Success line of myco products, Great White is my favorite. I do also recommend their Soluble product, I use it as a soak for all my starter plugs and to provide an extra boost of micro-life for my soil through the grow. The Soluble is also half the price of the Great White, so it is a slightly more economical choice for adding micro-life to your grow.

the diesels were started with great white, I'll pick some up today.. should I get the soluble in addition?

The Dr. Earth is ascophyllum nodosum, cold water processed Norwegian kelp. I'm using that in conjunction with the Dr. earth liquid solution on my flowering plants so I will grab a separate one with higher N for the babies. thanks a lot man

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

the diesels were started with great white, I'll pick some up today.. should I get the soluble in addition?

The Dr. Earth is ascophyllum nodosum, cold water processed Norwegian kelp. I'm using that in conjunction with the Dr. earth liquid solution on my flowering plants so I will grab a separate one with higher N for the babies. thanks a lot man

I really like having both Great White and Soluble on hand. If you have the money for both go for it, but really only is is necessary. They both contain the same varieties of micro-life cultures, just in different proportions; they do however have other ingredients in there that are not listed.

I should have said this before but you can also get Capulator's micro-life products right here on the farm. I have not used his products but many other farmers here swear by them. I do know that Cap really knows his stuff, and will gladly endorse his work. He has put together a variety of products including foliar spray beneficials. So that is another option for your micro-life products.

I wouldn't bother getting any other kelp product, the Dr. Earth's is exactly what you want. I am sure it will be exactly what you want for your plants. Take the money and invest it elsewhere.

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

I really like having both Great White and Soluble on hand. If you have the money for both go for it, but really only is is necessary. They both contain the same varieties of micro-life cultures, just in different proportions; they do however have other ingredients in there that are not listed.

I should have said this before but you can also get Capulator's micro-life products right here on the farm. I have not used his products but many other farmers here swear by them. I do know that Cap really knows his stuff, and will gladly endorse his work. He has put together a variety of products including foliar spray beneficials. So that is another option for your micro-life products.

I wouldn't bother getting any other kelp product, the Dr. Earth's is exactly what you want. I am sure it will be exactly what you want for your plants. Take the money and invest it elsewhere.

Good thing I'm psychic and listened to your advice subconsciously before I saw this. I've heard about caps bennies on multiple threads and they seem to do wonders I will have to pick some up soon I just bought the great white today so ill use that and see what happens. Thanks a lot for the advice man, stay tuned for updates after following the instructions.

I bought a 35litre dehumidifier from Sears, when it runs in the tent, the temp goes up to 91 but it brings the humidity down quickly, I would say 10%/15min it has been at 61% before the dehu. Is there anyway to rig up the dehu. Outside the tent maybe with an enclosure around it and a 4" boooster fan with ducting or something? I would rather not get my temp up to 90 for 45 mins

thomas

thomas

can you tell me a round about how much the 1000w hps light cost a month to run?

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

I will when I know, I threw in 3 lights all at different times within the last 2 months so I don't know what the increase is and I don't know what the kw/hr rate is... but you can figure out what your kw/hr rate is (certain amount of money for every kilowatt per hour) then you can figure.. say it's .50 cents per kw/hr and you are running a 1000w light for 18 hours a day so .50x18=9 so $9 a day to run x 30 would be 270$ a month roughly.... like I said I have no idea what the cost for kw/hr is these lights aren't at my house they are somewhere else where I am paying someone the difference in their electricity bill... so far it has doubled with an increase of about $65/month but like i said different lights at different times etc. etc.

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

I'm looking to get some really tasty and frosty nugs from this, I'm using Dr. Earth fertilizer, top dressing 1/4 cup of some 4-10-7 bud and bloom booster, is there anything organic anyone would recommend that I could add in with the top dressing? I'm alternating between 1 week of top dressing, 1 week of feeding with a blend of Dr. Earth seaweed concentrate 0-0-4.5 and Dr. Earth liquid solution 3-3-3 (water feed water)
DSC 1520

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

The shadow is your boy's head. All is looking pretty good in the tent. I would recommend that your light be no closer than 18 inches from the top of your plants, 24" is a pretty good height. Just keep an eye on your plants, if your light is too close you will see some bleaching of the leaves and buds.

I think your feed formula is fine, it should have everything you need for a harvest of nice buds. Keeping things simple is often the best formula for success.

I like the outdoor girls, the will probably give you a whole bunch of good smoke. What varieties are out there?

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

The shadow is your boy's head. All is looking pretty good in the tent. I would recommend that your light be no closer than 18 inches from the top of your plants, 24" is a pretty good height. Just keep an eye on your plants, if your light is too close you will see some bleaching of the leaves and buds.

I think your feed formula is fine, it should have everything you need for a harvest of nice buds. Keeping things simple is often the best formula for success.

I like the outdoor girls, the will probably give you a whole bunch of good smoke. What varieties are out there?
I thought that's that the shadow was but the flash is in front of him and he is behind the camera... I guess the fisheye catches it though.

OK I will stick to what I'm doing, definitely don't want to over do it. I'm also not too too worried about this run's outcome it's just to get stuff dialed in and see what happens. As I have stated before, these plants aren't easily accessible, I can't keep an eye on them every day like I should I've been spending crazy gas money to drive and see them almost every other day and the past week has been every day.

The outside girls are the same seed as the indoor ones, I had a big pill bottle filled with seeds from my outdoor project last year... every year I throw a few seeds out and just water them never feed them and sometimes miss some males because I used to not really know how to sex the plants. LAST year, I had durban poison from seed and a few random clones someone gave me, I think they were wonder bud or tootie frutie or some sort of kush.. My buddy grows a bunch but doesn't ever seem to know the real names of the plants he has except his diesels.

I wish I knew the genetics of the clones that were out there with the Durban, because whatever it was, that's what the cross of these seeds are.. some are pure durban poison. I germinated about 150 of them haha because I was so used to not caring about sexing etc. and not taking care of them that the 150 seeds would get me the same results as someone using 2 seeds :p.

I put some 6 ft. bamboo stakes in with the outdoor girls, one next to each plant to tie to, then threw a net over the stakes and the plants and tied down the 4 corners, then pulled all the branches through the netting.. I will put up pictures tonight, I'm going back today to finish my watering project, I am going to run a 1" poly line off a hose, clamp the end and get some 1/4" spaghetti line with sprayers on the end and put it on a timer so I don't have to bother with going out there all the time.

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

by the way there are 2 beds outside, and 10 3gal pots. I know the bigger the container the bigger the plant but I don't need humongous plants, I'm just looking to grow some nice herbs and learn as I go. Moving at the beginning of Nov. into a 3 bedroom in the middle of no where instead of my city apartment, can't wait to set that baby up! I'll be there every day and I've already learned a lot from this run.

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

here's some more of the outdoor babies.
DSC 0575
DSC 0577
DSC 0578
DSC 0580
DSC 0581

this one is my favorite, really broad leaves I started it indoors.. well actually outdoors then put it under a light for a bit then outdoors.
DSC 0582
DSC 0583
DSC 0584

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

the diesel clones are really starting to bounce back, started training one that really took off.
DSC 1524

Latest posts

Top Bottom