Aptus nutrients

• Thread starter Dutchtouch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
midwestdensies

midwestdensies

i was a fan of the AAW's too, but now i'm with Hortiline Northstar and won't look back.

1000367_0.jpg
You are using there? Im really interested in these products but couldnt find anyone offering them a while back. Went with gavitas over the aaw. Love to know what you think

MW

nuttso

nuttso

AAW, Gavita and Northstar are the best you can get out there, I like the northstar more than the other. They work like a chimney. But i didn't get full answer on what kind of miro was used. Alanod seems to be the best. If you have 9 lamps like:

x x x
x x x
x x x

You will get the best canopy with Northstar. Best canopy = Max Yield.

Yeah i know they are overpriced. But honestly i think everything in the grow buisness is.

Would love to combine my gavita with the Northstar. But it is not possible...

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

AAW, Gavita and Northstar are the best you can get out there, I like the northstar more than the other. They work like a chimney. But i didn't get full answer on what kind of miro was used. Alanod seems to be the best. If you have 9 lamps like:

x x x
x x x
x x x

You will get the best canopy with Northstar. Best canopy = Max Yield.

Yeah i know they are overpriced. But honestly i think everything in the grow buisness is.

Would love to combine my gavita with the Northstar. But it is not possible...
Do you accommodate a 1000w bulb? Whats the ticket on them?

P

paulycali

I believe the northstar reflector above only accepts 400 and 600w bulbs

ESER.ONE

ESER.ONE

Why did you like them better nuttso?? Better spread than aaw or less heat..?? I'm really interested.. I like my adjust a wings but if I can find something better I'm up for it.. heard the og hoods have some of the best reflection right now. People at the hydro spot said there 1k lights up like a 600 but you know how the people at the hydro spots are...... Lol

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Gavitas are awesome. 7.5 lbs, tiny (so out of your damn way) and extremely bright. I want to try a northstar but couldnt source. The gavita runs very cool. Not to mention the unit is designed around the bulb. To really put the cherry on top i paid 300$ for bulb/ballast/reflector. Cant be beat

nuttso

nuttso

Yes i have a Gavita too. Very good Product. The northstar is using good source materials and is layered like the aaw. You can get the hot air better out of the room and if you have like 9 lamps the overall spread seems to be better. With Northstar you don't loose the light on the sides of an aaw. This pictures were taken with a mobile phone. Do you notice that under the gavita you don't have any interferences as with normal ballasts.

20130207 172636
20130207 172628
20130202 172745

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Gavitas strait up rock. My room is bright and they are small as well as light. The price was great and after a year or 2 the bulb replacement or lack thereof will pay for the unit itself

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I was thinking of getting a Gavita, but went with the A-wing because I can put 2 600's in 1 large hood and it cost about the same as buying 1 Gavita because I already had a 600 ballast and 2 bulbs. Plus I'm very limited on space so 2 bulbs in 1 hood was the best way for me to get the most light on my small space.

I like the way you can adjust the wings, its good when the canopy gets bigger.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Another thing I like about the Adjust a Wings are the heat and light distribution. With my old reflector it was about 10-15* F hotter and I couldn't cover as much space. When I add the 2nd bulb this weekend it still shouldn't break 80* F, and thats without A/C. I even had to turn off 1 fan because it was getting too cool lol.

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

good to know. i didn't care 4 em but i must say i only tried 2, maybe more r needed so the overcast lighting can really b an advantage. perhaps i should try 4 of em n c what they do b4 getting rid if the 1's i got, thank u 4 sharing ur findings as these type of things help people like me by learning from what U done.

u ever use mag XXXL's hoods?
No bud I never run aircooled I really like the look of these swiss things nuttso posted

cheers

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

damn that hood is badass! Always coming back for more.. Its like when you get a new car hoping the next model isnt better lol. My gavitas kick ass although

nuttso

nuttso

I really like the idea with the hot air. Hot air moves up and creates some kind of chimney effect. I would love to put the lamp vertical in there. For even better spread. Cause in my opinion you are depending alot on your even canopy when you grow indoors. The only question they didn't answer me was if they used alanod as their source. They are the best at the moment, when it comes to milo....

I'm sure somebody will come up with a vertical setup like the canadian growthstar with the chimneyy effect and alanod. Would love to see them packed like AAW's, so you have to build them on your own.

K

kushsmoker30

No bud I never run aircooled I really like the look of these swiss things nuttso posted

cheers

yea them swiss hoods seem ku, mags r the shit u can get em closer to ur canopy then a BB ima get me some more soon.

funny i posted bout hooking up a fan with ducting to a hood without glass n some peeps think it won't work n these guys make a hood that will do the same, prob less effective cuz it's heat is rising at it's own pace while the fan on the other hand will suck it out at a mush faster rate.

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

Im g
I really like the idea with the hot air. Hot air moves up and creates some kind of chimney effect. I would love to put the lamp vertical in there. For even better spread. Cause in my opinion you are depending alot on your even canopy when you grow indoors. The only question they didn't answer me was if they used alanod as their source. They are the best at the moment, when it comes to milo....

I'm sure somebody will come up with a vertical setup like the canadian growthstar with the chimneyy effect and alanod. Would love to see them packed like AAW's, so you have to build them on your own.
oing to get some of these to test out i will keep you posted

Thanks

Top Bottom