Aptus nutrients

• Thread starter Dutchtouch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

I change my rez nutes for any brand I use once a week. Im trying to figure out what is so special about these products that justify the cost. Example, I want to try fasilitor its $150 on ebay for 250ml. How much more of a difference will I see than if I use Grotek silicate which works really well. If someone will explain that to me and it makes sense then I will buy the product. I buy grotek for $26 per gallon and it's the best silicate I am currently aware of. Most silicates has very little results, but grotek results are awesome with thick stems. So please preach to me so I too can drink the jim jones juice:cigar:

Read their website it explains what the difference is. Its not Silicates its silicic acid. Big difference.

That 250ml mixes 480 gallons of active material that the plant uses. Silicates go down the drain and only a small amount is used by the plant if any

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

Just read about them - Is the biggest thing hindering your decision the money saved on power consumption? I feel like allot of light is wasted with the papillion.

I just need to see it with my own eyes. The thing thats got me going is how the plants are looking under them. ( Fire !)

Changing the bulb way less is also a huge factor for me. I think I have spent at least 200k on Ushios over the past year

Their is no wasted light its hitting the plant from every angle so I have no shade spots

buddahslave

buddahslave

Read their website it explains what the difference is. Its not Silicates its silicic acid. Big difference.

That 250ml mixes 480 gallons of active material that the plant uses. Silicates go down the drain and only a small amount is used by the plant if any
I read the information on the website and it sounds good, but what does any of that mean. I need some hard numbers, like production. I like your set up it looks great. What are the numbers you are producing per 1000 watt of light. How thick are your stocks getting. From viewing your setup and viewing your comment about the bulbs I have come to the conclusion that you have a rather large budget. So for you the extra overhead cost could be absorbed by all the working capital you have at your disposal. For me im on a tight budget, my 1000 watt bulbs are maxlume at a cost of $26 per bulb. I only point that out for perception that maybe we're on two completely different levels and i'm just not up there yet. So the numbers mean allot to me. Right now i'm currently getting about 1.5 lbs per 1000 watt ever 60 days. Can Aptus increase those numbers? I am going to grab the fasilitor and test it and report back.

buddahslave

buddahslave

Cb3 017

G

Guanaco

The peak & Finale boost are pretty cheap but but if you want a cheaper option get Break out powder

No point now in trying to skimp & save

I would try and stick with Aptus before you consider bringing in other boosters

You are absolutely right about not mixing stuff from different brands and sticking with what works for you. AND you are quite clearly a true Master Gardener... Your grow-room picks awe-inspiring to say the least. Never seen anything quite like them. But for us who like (need) to skimp & save the following info might be useful. Source: the manufacturers safety data sheets from their own websites.

Aptus Break out powder is mono potassium phosphate laced with citric acid and sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). The additives will probably make it sizzle nicely when you mix it with water (and citric acid is a chelating agent) but generally sodium isn´t a wanted ingredient in fertilizers. Price is reasonable $13.99/100g.

Grotek sells same stuff (mono potassium phosphate) as Monster Bloom laced with magnesium sulfate heptahydrate (epsom salt) for mere $9.95/130g. However Grotek also sells a flower-booster called Blossom Blaster for $82.45/300g. Content of this spectacular product: Mono potassium phosphate. No additives. It can also be bought in 20g packs for $6.70... that´s $335/Kg...

Now, Mono potassium phosphate IS a great fertilizer. Use it myself. And I paid about 10€/Kg for it. (A Finnish product "Kukkaloisto syysravinne" sold as autumn fertilizer for berry-bushes and apple trees).

For those who would really like to save and make a few $$$ i would recommend Yara Krista MKP... same soluble mono potassium phosphate again. Only the smallest package is a 25Kg bag... but the price is just 72 pounds in UK. About $112. One can quickly calculate that Grotek is making at least a nice 7500% profit when they sell those 20 g packs of Blossom Blaster. I think You stated earlier in this thread that everything is overpriced in grow-business but the magnitude of some salt-peddlers greed still surprises me.

B

BoomBoom

Hey Dutch, I would kill to see you do a grow from veg to harvest with nothing but 800w solarstorms.

Dutchtouch

Dutchtouch

Hey Dutch, I would kill to see you do a grow from veg to harvest with nothing but 800w solarstorms.

I never heard of them. I'm switching to the e- papillion lights from philips they are very impressive. I seen the biggest indoor grow in the world last week and these guys where rocking them. I would love to post the pics but I'm promised not too

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I never heard of them. I'm switching to the e- papillion lights from philips they are very impressive. I seen the biggest indoor grow in the world last week and these guys where rocking them. I would love to post the pics but I'm promised not too

What makes them so impressive? I've heard allot about them lately but nothing concrete enough to consider buying them.

B

BoomBoom

To be honest, I don't know exactly what sets them apart. USA made and I don't think you will find a better made light. I run two 400w in a 5x5 and it has almost been a supernatural difference. They do have UVB bulbs for last few weeks of bloom. They are LED...

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter

Well you can't post pic but how many lights in the room ?

S

sumguy1234

Yo, just got done reading through the thread and noticed you're using the Dri Eaz 3500i dehumidifiers as well as the Quest 155 dual. I am looking at both of these products (actually the Quest 205 dual) and was just wondering what your experience has been with both of them and which one you would recommend? Is there a reason you opted for the Quest overhead unit as opposed to the portable Dri Eaz? Also what temp and humidity do you run for your lights on/off? FYI I'm looking at increasing my dehumidification to try and prevent powdery mildew which I have gotten 2 times in a row now (never saw it the first 6 cycles, but that was in SoCal, now I'm in Central CA.). You said you dont spray pesticide/fungicide so I was wondering if you have any other tips for preventing mold. Thanks in advance, I greatly appreciate any advice you can spare

A

advanced396

I would add more fans to your room for more circulation. The Quest dual 205 works great I have two of them in a 25x25 room.

S

sumguy1234

Ya, I've got pretty good air flow but I suppose I could try for more. Advanced, what are your day/night temp/humidity? Also, anyone know how to get those quest 205's without spending $3k? :)

A

advanced396

around 82+ at canopy day 78 @Night and 65 RH min 80 RH max humidity till right before flush. Then its mid 70's and 40RH.

S

sumguy1234

around 82+ at canopy day 78 @Night and 65 RH min 80 RH max humidity till right before flush. Then its mid 70's and 40RH.

wow, that RH seems high to me, at least from what I've read and my own experience. You dont run into any PM or bud rot issues? 65-80% is your nighttime RH too, or just your daytime? Thanks again

Latest posts

Top Bottom