Aptus Test

• Thread starter MakinGoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Harvest shots day 70 OGKB grown with Aptus additives & greenstone nutrients base a&b
IMG 20150428 085051
IMG 20150428 084317

K

kuz

@MakinGoo So what you think about Aptus, are you still using it? You posted a pic early on and had roots filling up the cup in a week, was that just Aptus or were you using a base npk?

I put rooted cuts in promix with the aptus pellets and have only added facilitor and start boost, half the plants just wont grow. In the middle of the beer cup is a dark layer of dirt with a white mold, three weeks and the roots only half way down.

I could have contaminated the soil somehow I suppose with a dirty watering can or something. Been using a lot of different teas in the living soil plants. I am wondering if start boost can go bad, it sure smells bad. I was going to run straight aptus and nothing else, might scrap that idea.

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

If I had to guess without seeing pics I'd say the base pellets were too much. Even the guys who import Aptus use different base NOT the Aptus base pellets.

Try flora nova or h16 next time and start at maybe 20-25% strength on newly rooted cuttings.

If you post some pics I bet someone here can diagnose your problems.

K

kuz

P1015471
I was thinking it was probably time to transplant, but this is what I found.

chinqlinq

chinqlinq

just here to remind you guys that foliaring Fasilitor at least once @ 6-12mL/gallon in veg with at least a week before flipping to flower does AMAZING things. I have been slacking in spraying fasilitor in veg and just finally did again this week and the plants are branching out like crazy. It looks like I'm getting the effects of topping all of the branches without actually physically removing and losing out on the top few nodes on each branch. The new growth on literally every node looks like its mutated at first, at least for me, but I came to the conclusion that the plant is trying to force out way more nodes and growth than usual. After about 4+ days when the plant actually starts stretching out you can see the results. Its a night and day difference.

Doing it after topping the first or second time is even more substantial. Just spraying once in veg (about 2 weeks after transplant from clone), I've seen WAY thicker branches and trunk girth than I have ever seen from drenching standard silica throughout veg and flower. I never saw the stretch stopping abilities Aptus talked about by doubling fasilitor in your feed water or from spraying though, but I did see them grow more vigorously. When I first tried spraying it I was still super-cropping some of my plants, and some branches were so overgrown that after pinching them they'd literally fall and lean on my tray. The next day I'd spray and in a 24 hour period after that, the branches would sometimes heal so well it not only knuckled up and lifted itself off the tray, but it recovered back to its normal branching angle - rendering the supercropping useless in a sense.

Spraying in veg has cut down my veg time by sometimes a week because before it I would prefer to top my plants multiple times before flipping, and you have to let it recover to see its results. Now I still top usually twice early in veg and then spray right afterwards and the plant will branch out so well and evenly that I'm not wasting as much time waiting for it to bush out.

I would start at 6mL/gallon to be safe then up to 12mL/gallon when theyre better developed.

If anyone decides to try this, let me know your results.

Top Bottom