• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Srenots

Srenots

about the same price as the blue lab
after u get used to how a pen works and get used to seeing the same ole readings time after time....u just dont need one....its a great way to see what ur doing at first and for a while, but when u realize that ur routine is the same over and over, and ur really paying attention to what ur doing....u can go a while without using it.....then u think ok, let me try and go without it and see where Im at, then u test it for shts and giggles..... and ur still good to go....KISS method folks... dont overthink everything all the time...unless ur changing ur routine theres really no need for one with the exception of starting a new routine....if u do the same thing over and over then simply use it to check once in a while and make sure ur still on point.... after years it just doesnt come into play anymore, just an occasional check will suffice

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yeah close but we are Canadian man. Our money is worth nadda. I don't believe it comes with calibration or storage solution either so have to take on another $40 CAD
shit didnt even think about that,75 bucks amazon here in the states,i have this same pen in my basket hahahah,just hadnt hit the switch to buy it yet,just got a cheapy about 2 weeks ago hahaah,i guess if i do get the blue lab i will get the garuntee which i didnt have from the other pen,it wasnt ransferable if you dig,i know im tired of buying the damn things,im gonna crank up some buckets outside in the spring and need one i can trust if you dig

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

after u get used to how a pen works and get used to seeing the same ole readings time after time....u just dont need one....its a great way to see what ur doing at first and for a while, but when u realize that ur routine is the same over and over, and ur really paying attention to what ur doing....u can go a while without using it.....then u think ok, let me try and go without it and see where Im at, then u test it for shts and giggles..... and ur still good to go....KISS method folks... dont overthink everything all the time...unless ur changing ur routine theres really no need for one with the exception of starting a new routine....if u do the same thing over and over then simply use it to check once in a while and make sure ur still on point.... after years it just doesnt come into play anymore, just an occasional check will suffice
I agree for soil... hydro ya kinda need it though. If i did weekly water changes in a sterile system. I may get away without it but I dom't usuallt do a water change for a month or more when starting so for me its important to see PPM and PH daily to understand whats going on in the system in terms of nutrients and meh microbes

Srenots

Srenots

I agree for soil... hydro ya kinda need it though. If i did weekly water changes in a sterile system. I may get away without it but I dom't usuallt do a water change for a month or more when starting so for me its important to see PPM and PH daily to understand whats going on in the system in terms of nutrients and meh microbes
yes ...talkin soil bro...fer sure, organics are super easy peazy man....and no till....sht haha super easy

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

thats a good theory,BUT i never know what is gonna come out of my well,my aquifer is nt reliable at all,deep in limestone country and every time weather changes so does it,right now im running 7.2 ph and 315 ppm ,that doesnt leave a lot of room for feed if you dig,then come summer that shit be along the line of 400 from the aquifer going down,ro is out of the question ,i need to be able to water a lot of shit outdoors and im sure enough not gonna waste all that water to make into ro water to add nutrient back in to satisfy what the plants need out there,ya a few plants indoors in control conditions ya ro is good ,but im talking about a 250 gal ibc container full of water every time i water my bottom garden,hahah them i have the container garden on top up here,so ya ro out of question

Srenots

Srenots

thats a good theory,BUT i never know what is gonna come out of my well,my aquifer is nt reliable at all,deep in limestone country and every time weather changes so does it,right now im running 7.2 ph and 315 ppm ,that doesnt leave a lot of room for feed if you dig,then come summer that shit be along the line of 400 from the aquifer going down,ro is out of the question ,i need to be able to water a lot of shit outdoors and im sure enough not gonna waste all that water to make into ro water to add nutrient back in to satisfy what the plants need out there,ya a few plants indoors in control conditions ya ro is good ,but im talking about a 250 gal ibc container full of water every time i water my bottom garden,hahah them i have the container garden on top up here,so ya ro out of question
just saying how it is here for us....spring, summer, winter, doesnt matter , the spring water is always on point.... guess we are blessed with awesome H20 here....would very much like to figure out a way to send it to Flint....been saying it for years now....those folks are fucked

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

just saying how it is here for us....spring, summer, winter, doesnt matter , the spring water is always on point.... guess we are blessed with awesome H20 here....would very much like to figure out a way to send it to Flint....been saying it for years now....those folks are fucked
Ain't that the truth

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I swear by the bluelabs. I had a ph pen last me 5 years before it started reading unreasonably slow. I'm on my second one going on 3 years with it, so 2 pens in 8 years.. Pretty rare to get that kinda longevity from a ph pen. And the things stay calibrated forever. I dont think I've ever seen mine read off by more than 0.1 in a buffer solution.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I swear by the bluelabs. I had a ph pen last me 5 years before it started reading unreasonably slow. I'm on my second one going on 3 years with it, so 2 pens in 8 years.. Pretty rare to get that kinda longevity from a ph pen. And the things stay calibrated forever. I dont think I've ever seen mine read off by more than 0.1 in a buffer solution.
Yeah that's why I'm kicking myself... But will see.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

personally i think all the big three should pay for that shit,they profit from it for years,should be on there shoulders ,filling for bankrupcy or not,there ticket pay it,same with tearing all them old factories down

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

why the hell double the price there ,shit man that crazy,let someone sue there ass and watch them prices come way down,same shit with mars ,i cant belive what im now seeing hahaah the world turns,just wait a few years folk forget and roll on right ahahah

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

why the hell double the price there ,shit man that crazy,let someone sue there ass and watch them prices come way down,same shit with mars ,i cant belive what im now seeing hahaah the world turns,just wait a few years folk forget and roll on right ahahah
Yes us Nucks get the shaft on everything. Hell I bought my CO2 controller from the US. After exchange rate, import fees and shipping I still saved over $150. Not usually the case but was a sweet deal

newh

newh

Im not buyin any more pens the drops work fine and theyre cheap.Even when I used a pen I was rechecking with the drops regularly just to see my pens werent staying accurate.The ones that did keep calibration got slow over time.I have my coco nutrient mixes dialed pretty good now after mixing hundreds of gallons in gallon jugs I rarely have to use any adjuster usually just in early veg and the weeks I use the pk boost in flower

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

That ph meter you orded seems good quality, you will defenitly get couple of good years from it I belive. Should see mine Ph meter straight from china for 15 bucks xd but it works nice, if I get 2-3 grows from it I be happy

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Im not buyin any more pens the drops work fine and theyre cheap.Even when I used a pen I was rechecking with the drops regularly just to see my pens werent staying accurate.The ones that did keep calibration got slow over time.I have my coco nutrient mixes dialed pretty good now after mixing hundreds of gallons in gallon jugs I rarely have to use any adjuster usually just in early veg and the weeks I use the pk boost in flower
They work but I wouldnt call them that accurate, my ph was 5.6 but according to the drops it was yellow 6 ph. IDK i like digits, gives me piece of mind instead of guessing colours

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They work but I wouldnt call them that accurate, my ph was 5.6 but according to the drops it was yellow 6 ph. IDK i like digits, gives me piece of mind instead of guessing colours
I agree. I used em for about a yr waaaay back when I started getting more serious about keeping fish. By the time I started really breeding them I was using a Milwaukee ph meter.

newh

newh

the drops wont lie your pen will lol.once you get used to the drops your good.Ive mixed a shiton of gallons 1 at a time checkin with a pen and drops.some ph variance is fine as long as its not too drastic.I bought good pens too with all the crap to keep them clean and calibrated ,they all go bad there is no forever electric meter its all a waste of money.drops are cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom