Aqua Man's first grow diary

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
BigCube

BigCube

Very nice! I've recently started a dwc again. Its weird though, cause it's the clone I took in flower rooted in the wick system then dumped in to DWC.

It's looking real weird lol.. yours on the other hand, looks great! 😍

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Very nice! I've recently started a dwc again. Its weird though, cause it's the clone I took in flower rooted in the wick system then dumped in to DWC.

It's looking real weird lol.. yours on the other hand, looks great! 😍
Yeah I have never done a reveg but seen some funky pics

FourthCity

FourthCity

Ok this old man is ecstatic! I figured out how to take pics on this dam phone in that light. I can set it to 3000k and it auto adjusts.

Ok now update: 9 days in the system. 11 days from sprout.

Air temps: 83F
Leaf temps: 76F
CO2 still sitting around 800-1000. Turned the controller on now and is set to 800ppm.

Lux: 22k feel like I could get away with a bit more once my mistake recovers.

Water temp: 70f

Ppm adjusted to 400 (130ish tap) 270 mega crop.

No added growzyme it hydrogaurd.

I had a mishap Sunday while looking for roots. I dropped one and hydroton and all including plant came spilling out onto the floor. It's not happy but recovering and you can see the amount of stunting in 3 days from the pics.

We have roots on 3 now. Pics in random order. Can you tell the one I dropped?

Of course Bigcube liked your post about dropping a plant, he clearly likes seeing them suffer: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/the-plants-too-damn-big.104425/#post-2308152, stop plant abuse!

Indiva710

Indiva710

Yup revegging will do that and do 3 blade leafs for a bit too usually...Personally I rather take in veg but sometimes u don't always have that option...
Also aquaman you should look into doing leader lines in your buckets so just get a barb and cut your line at the bucket so you will only need to replace what's in the bucket and not the entire line and u could add another air stone if you wanted just get a tee instead barb and there u go that's how I run mine anyways well I built a manifold for my veg setup and the alita60

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup revegging will do that and do 3 blade leafs for a bit too usually...Personally I rather take in veg but sometimes u don't always have that option...
Also aquaman you should look into doing leader lines in your buckets so just get a barb and cut your line at the bucket so you will only need to replace what's in the bucket and not the entire line and u could add another air stone if you wanted just get a tee instead barb and there u go that's how I run mine anyways well I built a manifold for my veg setup and the alita60
Yeah would be handy. I have a shit ton kickin around here from all the tanks over the years. That's why it's all mix mashed. It would help keep the roots out of it but after my scrog goes in I don't go into the buckets anyhow.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Ok this old man is ecstatic! I figured out how to take pics on this dam phone in that light. I can set it to 3000k and it auto adjusts.

Ok now update: 9 days in the system. 11 days from sprout.

Air temps: 83F
Leaf temps: 76F
CO2 still sitting around 800-1000. Turned the controller on now and is set to 800ppm.

Lux: 22k feel like I could get away with a bit more once my mistake recovers.

Water temp: 70f

Ppm adjusted to 400 (130ish tap) 270 mega crop.

No added growzyme it hydrogaurd.

I had a mishap Sunday while looking for roots. I dropped one and hydroton and all including plant came spilling out onto the floor. It's not happy but recovering and you can see the amount of stunting in 3 days from the pics.

We have roots on 3 now. Pics in random order. Can you tell the one I dropped?
those are happy roots

BigCube

BigCube

Mine is down to a single leaf. I didn't full reveg. I had it in veg for 3 weeks or so testing a wick/net pot system. Then I dumped it in to DWC in the flower tent. Lol. So shes right fucked up I'm sure.

20191121 091701

20191204 095244

20191204 095305

I'm not going to fully flower it. I was just testing the wick to DWC system to see if it's a good way to start from clone. And it was!

Indiva710

Indiva710

Yeah would be handy. I have a shit ton kickin around here from all the tanks over the years. That's why it's all mix mashed. It would help keep the roots out of it but after my scrog goes in I don't go into the buckets anyhow.

I do doesn't effect mine at all actually w the scrogs I also scrog when my plants get into the bloom tent as well ...But it would mainly just be for after the crop anyways when ur Cleaning your setup and that's when u change if need be the silicon tubing does last the longest tho

BigCube

BigCube

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I'm so late to the party. tiffany? they'll fix that bracelet, when it breaks...

how many seeds, did u end up poppin. how many fems, now, if u know?

ur handy- i bet ur flushes, don't include syphons, pump n 25' of hosing. i need a better wheel, invented.

i was thinkin, as many of ur pg ones did- that ur fav medium (most comfy/knowledgeable about)... an old, set of, or swap out buckets. first, i borrowed soil, for the males, then i chucked em under some random, shop florescents, a bucket of sorts (momz ice cream, vat), some hydroton n ummm... minimal, clonex, kit mix, til they nut all over my clothes. but they start in water, then, plugs n hydroton, in a typical, kit, prop tray. if i need to stall, the hydroton, becomes useful, for more than structure. i never found the PERFECT prop trays, like EVERYONE, but u, has on YouTube.

i know... it's late...
oh and if u can spare, spare buckets that jive, with ur sick, geek gear- then, if they're viable fems... straight in, they go. no... for my kit, netpots r hard to comeby. anytime u note coco, it's my own carvings... they discontinued the coco cups n caps, yet continue (last gander) to charge for n pimp, the coco.

g.h. treats, "where's the last retailer you shipped em to?", as national security, matters.

BigCube

BigCube

It happens... not saying I'm stupid... but I was installing my carbon filter a few weeks ago in the new tent. When I dropped it on my gelato. Snapped it right in half, took out 3 of the lower branches..

I'm damn lucky it lived, the filter filled the top of the 3.5g pot. It could have been much worse 🤣

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm so late to the party. tiffany? they'll fix that bracelet, when it breaks...

how many seeds, did u end up poppin. how many fems, now, if u know?

ur handy- i bet ur flushes, don't include syphons, pump n 25' of hosing. i need a better wheel, invented.

i was thinkin, as many of ur pg ones did- that ur fav medium (most comfy/knowledgeable about)... an old, set of, or swap out buckets. first, i borrowed soil, for the males, then i chucked em under some random, shop florescents, a bucket of sorts (momz ice cream, vat), some hydroton n ummm... minimal, clonex, kit mix, til they nut all over my clothes. but they start in water, then, plugs n hydroton, in a typical, kit, prop tray. if i need to stall, the hydroton, becomes useful, for more than structure. i never found the PERFECT prop trays, like EVERYONE, but u, has on YouTube.

i know... it's late...
oh and if u can spare, spare buckets that jive, with ur sick, geek gear- then, if they're viable fems... straight in, they go. no... for my kit, netpots r hard to comeby. anytime u note coco, it's my own carvings... they discontinued the coco cups n caps, yet continue (last gander) to charge for n pimp, the coco.

g.h. treats, "where's the last retailer you shipped em to?", as national security, matters.
They are all reg F1 seeds I popped 6 and hadd 100% germ. You can see it earlier in the thread. I kept 4 because of plant counts so I how many females I won't know for a while. But the plan is rip out the males and scrog as much as I can with the remaining females. Not ideal but it is what it is.

I use a Python to change my water. So far no water changes and probably another 1-2 weeks or more before i change 25% depending on the ppm change and add backs. I have it plumed to just use quick connects and drain

and use this to fill after temp adjust the water at the tap. But this can be used to both fill and drain. I would say very ideal for the stand alone DWC buckets.

Last edited:
Indiva710

Indiva710

Your plant count is 4 only not sure why u sprouted 6 then tossed 2 of them before they was sexed even just makes no sense to me bro...Should have waited until they was sexed and go from there...I keep my males if they are worth keeping and nice they pollen in 3-4wks of flower just need a whole other setup of course.
I use a 2x2 tent actually w 4in fan and filter..Have a small clip on low at the bottom but turn it off when pollen sacs start opening and wats great is 4 5gal buckets fit in there perfect so that's a plus...I will bag the plant and chop it shake all the pollen off..Put it thru a screen to collect the pollen sacks and then I make paper envelopes and will add enough pollen for a single use..The paper let's the pollen breathe unlike plastic which can mold if there's any plant material I will then get all my envelopes and a small 4oz Mason jar put some dessicate packets in throw it in the freezer and will be viable for 2years..
What's great w doing single dose envelopes is your not contaminating the rest of your pollen or degrading it with the air which will make your pollen not last too long....You can make your own dessicate packets with kitty litter it has to be 100 silica tho and then just get a spoonful and a coffee filter and tape it up or w e and there u go put some in the jar of course date and strain it and there u go

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Your plant count is 4 only not sure why u sprouted 6 then tossed 2 of them before they was sexed even just makes no sense to me bro...Should have waited until they was sexed and go from there...I keep my males if they are worth keeping and nice they pollen in 3-4wks of flower just need a whole other setup of course.
I use a 2x2 tent actually w 4in fan and filter..Have a small clip on low at the bottom but turn it off when pollen sacs start opening and wats great is 4 5gal buckets fit in there perfect so that's a plus...I will bag the plant and chop it shake all the pollen off..Put it thru a screen to collect the pollen sacks and then I make paper envelopes and will add enough pollen for a single use..The paper let's the pollen breathe unlike plastic which can mold if there's any plant material I will then get all my envelopes and a small 4oz Mason jar put some dessicate packets in throw it in the freezer and will be viable for 2years..
What's great w doing single dose envelopes is your not contaminating the rest of your pollen or degrading it with the air which will make your pollen not last too long....You can make your own dessicate packets with kitty litter it has to be 100 silica tho and then just get a spoonful and a coffee filter and tape it up or w e and there u go put some in the jar of course date and strain it and there u go
I was breaking the law for the few days with 6 so it was in my interest to only make sure I have 4 germ to go into the system. So I did 6 beans to ensure that I had 4. The other 2 went to a buddies house. To me it's not worth the risk when it's legal to have 4. Lose all my equipment and fines plus criminal charges for 2 seedlings .. no thanks. But it's not like I destroyed them.

Although I was contemplating exactly what you are saying right from the start. I feel much more comfortable that I didn't

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom