Aqua Man's first grow diary

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
FourthCity

FourthCity

No space in that room and no suitable space outside it. But yeah that would be nice to do
Sorry, I didnt explain myself well. I meant that in your tent you have room for more than four buckets if the rdwc system isnt in the way. You would have to disassemble or relocate the rdwc and that may be a dealbreaker but it would allow you to be more flexible with the plants until you know which are keepers. At that point you put the rdwc back together and switch over. Another option that would keep the rdwc in tact is to make a table/shelf that sits on top of it and place individual buckets on top of that, you'd be sacrificing some tent height but that wouldn't be a big deal in veg, again the idea being to switch back to the rdwc when you know which are females.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sorry, I didnt explain myself well. I meant that in your tent you have room for more than four buckets if the rdwc system isnt in the way. You would have to disassemble or relocate the rdwc and that may be a dealbreaker but it would allow you to be more flexible with the plants until you know which are keepers. At that point you put the rdwc back together and switch over. Another option that would keep the rdwc in tact is to make a table/shelf that sits on top of it and place individual buckets on top of that, you'd be sacrificing some tent height but that wouldn't be a big deal in veg, again the idea being to switch back to the rdwc when you know which are females.
I like the idea but I may not get to sex em by 3-3.5 weeks in veg. But that's a great idea... I'm going to mull that over and if I go that route I can pick up the buckets tomorrow

justiceman

justiceman

I'm kinda feeling like fuck just do 4 site and pitch males. Even if I get 1 female I can scrog that bitch out 4x4 lol.
I like the idea of this flexible route. I still have not gotten around to doing a single plant in my 4x4 but I really want to try that out soon and I love seeing them haha.

Seeing as how you are into breeding fish and aquatic plants I'd like to ask if you ever messed around with aquaponics? If so what are your thoughts on it? I bet those 288 boards at 620w are awesome. I believe that's about as hard as they can push! Definitely along for the ride on this one.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I like the idea of this flexible route. I still have not gotten around to doing a single plant in my 4x4 but I really want to try that out soon and I love seeing them haha.

Seeing as how you are into breeding fish and aquatic plants I'd like to ask if you ever messed around with aquaponics? If so what are your thoughts on it? I bet those 288 boards at 620w are awesome. I believe that's about as hard as they can push! Definitely along for the ride on this one.
Aquaponics is awesome I never fiddled around with actually keeping fish and terrestrial growing plants. The issue is you can only grow plants with low nutrient needs. Nitrates above 50ppm start to get pretty rough on freshwater fish. So it's good for veggies and stuff but I think the demands from cannabis would be to high to suit it well.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Aquaponics is awesome I never fiddled around with actually keeping fish and terrestrial growing plants. The issue is you can only grow plants with low nutrient needs. Nitrates above 50ppm start to get pretty rough on freshwater fish. So it's good for veggies and stuff but I think the demands from cannabis would be to high to suit it well.

I have seen some threads and blogs with aquaponics running cannabis veg rooms but they say it doesnt work in flower.

I guess its the increased nutrient levels needed as you say but i always thought it was the perceived need for less nitrogen.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have seen some threads and blogs with aquaponics running cannabis veg rooms but they say it doesnt work in flower.

I guess its the increased nutrient levels needed as you say but i always thought it was the perceived need for less nitrogen.
Yeah all the nutrient levels are much lower if your gonna keep fish. Talapia are a good choice because they are very hardy. I think it's more the overall nutrients than just nitrogen.

Indiva710

Indiva710

Right on bro..I put my seeds in 3% h2o2 for 1min and shake then I do distilled water 40ml and 2ml 3%h202 so regular hydrogen peroxide..Soak until they sink..I do root riots right after instead the paper towel method I have better results actually but to each their own.....
OK equipment

HLG 600 V1 3000k with potentiometer 60W to 620W
Digital 15amp timer for light. ( CAUSE FUCK THOSE LITTLE PUSH PULL TAB TIMERS!!!!)
Autopilot APC8200 CO2 controller
10lb and 20lb Co2 tank
200W aquarium heater
300W space heater
8000BTU window AC
Cloudline S4, 4" 205 CFM fan (for circulation and scrubber)
Phresh 12x4" 200cfm carbon filter
Vivosun 6" clip on fan for above canopy (on the fence with these this is my second one but when working is awesome)
50 pint Noma dehumidifier (junk do not buy these and I will be replacing)
3L Ultrasonic humidifier (pain in the ass for the first 2 weeks to keep filled up will likely upgrade next grow)
Jiffy pellets
hydroton
6" Net pots
950 GPH air pump
5 Vivosun 4x2" air stones
Inkbirk 310T programmable temp controller
Inkbird Humidity controller will be looking to upgrade for option to have day and night humidity)
Eheim 2013 canister filter (With ceramic and filter foam for bacteria playground)
4x4' scrog net made from 1" PVC 3x3" squares.
4 Site RDWC DIY 5 gal per site and 20 gal res with 2" feed and 1" return
120 gph inline pump can't remember the brand
HM tds/ec meter (with 1000ppm calibration solution)
Cheap ass ph meter (with calibration solution

Nutrients:
Mega Crop
Magnesium Sulfate
Phosphoric acid

Possible nutrients depending on plant needs:
Calimagic Cal/Mg
Calcium/magnesium nitrate
Monopotassium Phosphate
Potassium bicarbonate
Calcium/Magnesium sulfate
sodium bicarbonate

Tap water at 120ppm moderate carbonate and bicarbonate so will probably add a little potassium bicarbonate until my nutes get over 300ppm

Seeds are not temp controlled for soak 16-18 hrs then into paper towel between 2 plates. Once i place em in the jiffys the will go into the room at 80F under a dome with the vents open. rather than keep the grow area at 80% humidity. That will be probably about 2 days from now.

Going to update weekly with longer posts rather then do this more often.

Tbh cannazym is for Coco and soil not for rdwc as rdwc doing it right you don't have dead roots and our nutes are chelated so nothing to break down....cannazym is no diff than hydroguard pretty much...I tried running enzyme komplete in my rdwc and I had to flush the whole system cuz of that garbage along with megacrap for rdwc too...
And why don't you get some cal nit when u already have mgso4 aka epsom salt and calnit theres ur calmag but u can actually control ur cal or ur mag when it's needed as most likely using calmag is just going to lock out one or the other as very rarely will the plant need both at The sametime... I would suggest jacks hydro for rdwc stupid clean and pure and perfect for rdwc or anything and can dial in ur stuff to the tee and get it perfect for ur ladies and using hydro buddy to do so...And potassium silicate does wonders for rdwc esp for ppl who scrog and super crop .....
What vivosun fan do you have is it the blue blade or white?..As the blue blades v1 and white is v2 that they just came out with

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Right on bro..I put my seeds in 3% h2o2 for 1min and shake then I do distilled water 40ml and 2ml 3%h202 so regular hydrogen peroxide..Soak until they sink..I do root riots right after instead the paper towel method I have better results actually but to each their own.....

Tbh cannazym is for Coco and soil not for rdwc as rdwc doing it right you don't have dead roots and our nutes are chelated so nothing to break down....cannazym is no diff than hydroguard pretty much...I tried running enzyme komplete in my rdwc and I had to flush the whole system cuz of that garbage along with megacrap for rdwc too...
And why don't you get some cal nit when u already have mgso4 aka epsom salt and calnit theres ur calmag but u can actually control ur cal or ur mag when it's needed as most likely using calmag is just going to lock out one or the other as very rarely will the plant need both at The sametime... I would suggest jacks hydro for rdwc stupid clean and pure and perfect for rdwc or anything and can dial in ur stuff to the tee and get it perfect for ur ladies and using hydro buddy to do so...And potassium silicate does wonders for rdwc esp for ppl who scrog and super crop .....
What vivosun fan do you have is it the blue blade or white?..As the blue blades v1 and white is v2 that they just came out with
V1 vivo.

I don't plan on using the nitrate mixes. Just have em on hand from when I used to make my own nutes.

I find megacrop to work very well in my system and it has silica included. Pretty much the only thing I need to add is mg sulfate because it's the first version. I do use hydrobuddy.

I take it you run a sterile system. The only time you should get sledge from an enzyme or bacteria is if you have to much organics, sugars or carbs. The sludge is usually a bacteria bloom so I should probably take a closer look at the label for cannazyme.

I'm running tap so the calimagic is just incase. That why I put them all under if needed not under nutrients.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also I wouldn't use 3% hydrogen peroxide for the store only food grade. It has a bunch of other shit in it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Whaaaa? Really? That's quite a while, how many cubic feet have you got for growspace? Dick at the hydro store told me a 20 pounder would only last for 5-6 days in my 8x8. That put me off Co2. But I'd be interested if he were to be full of shit
You need to take into account I don't run 1500ppm max is 1100. And I start about 600ppm then in week 2 bun to 800. Until flip then run 1100 until I lower temp for the last couple weeks back to 600 not much photosynthesis going on and CO2 can affect ripening from my understanding.

Don't vent at night unless you have a burner ppm go up over 2k and they use it up in the morning. Also my basement sits about 800ppm so even opening the door to peek in here and there helps unless my ppm are higher then I make a point not to

Indiva710

Indiva710

Hydroguard is bacteria, cannazyme is enzymes. 2 different products that do different things.
I know they are 2 diff things however cannazyme helps promote Bennie's and I was getting at they are more for a Coco/soil grow than rdwc...As in being similar is what I meant by them vs a sterile system...
Also I use 3% diluted from h2o2 u could use store I'f that's all u had as it is better than nothing....
As far as getting sludge due to organics which shouldn't be getting ran in rdwc anyways like molasses....
And silica I was just saying in general for hydro setups anyways does wonders as most nute companies doesn't have it with it..And what they have in it pry isn't the 80-100ppm the plants enjoy having...I also like to take it out week 4 or so of flower too which you don't have that option of doing....And getting cal nit would make it so you don't need calimagic at all and u can put in either or actually...Just saying and it's a lot cheaper to run ..I personally run all dry powder nutes for everything...My quick cal solution is the only thing that's liquid and I'd get dry if I could lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I know they are 2 diff things however cannazyme helps promote Bennie's and I was getting at they are more for a Coco/soil grow than rdwc...As in being similar is what I meant by them vs a sterile system...
Also I use 3% diluted from h2o2 u could use store I'f that's all u had as it is better than nothing....
As far as getting sludge due to organics which shouldn't be getting ran in rdwc anyways like molasses....
And silica I was just saying in general for hydro setups anyways does wonders as most nute companies doesn't have it with it..And what they have in it pry isn't the 80-100ppm the plants enjoy having...I also like to take it out week 4 or so of flower too which you don't have that option of doing....And getting cal nit would make it so you don't need calimagic at all and u can put in either or actually...Just saying and it's a lot cheaper to run ..I personally run all dry powder nutes for everything...My quick cal solution is the only thing that's liquid and I'd get dry if I could lol
Yeah I doubt I will need it but I have most of the amendments on hand if needed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Dirtbag also my res is outside the room so when running high ppm I don't go in my room until an hour before my lights go out that's when my CO2 shuts off. I run it at lights on and shuts off an hour before lights out. It doesn't kick in until about 30-60 min after light on because of the build up over night. Also my flow rate is very low so that gives my sensor time to react. Something you need to watch because otherwise you over shoot your ppm and waste

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm going to look into it more. Main consideration for me is having to take a ferry to refill cylinders. But I have a 20 and a 10 pounder myself from the kegerator I'm not using... I assumed it would be 50# tanks every month or a burner. Neither of which interest me.

I probably shouldnt assume things, but sometimes dirtbag do.. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom