Aqua Man's first grow diary

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
KingBvM

KingBvM

Ok this will be my first grow diary. I have a dilemma that needs to be sorted before I get started. I have a 4 site RDWC system I built from the ground up with full environmental control and co2.

I have regular seeds so by the time I can sex em if I go RDWC I may have to rip some some out. I was contemplating soil removing the RDWC system and planting more to accommodate. But after seeing growth rates in my first soil grow its discouraging. It sure is easy as hell but so much slower.

I was thinking possibly soiless to meet in the middle but thats even more work than my RDWC with purchasing everything to go that route.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated? What would people like to see and why?

Here are pics of the system when I was first building some equipment has changed so it's not the same. I will add new ones after method is decided.

View attachment 910996View attachment 910997
Dope!!!!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok 5 tap roots still waiting on one but it may not pop so into the jiffy pellets they went. These are not the pellets I normally use as they are about half the size but hey I have em now so will use em.

They are in a humidity dome so I don't need to control humidity in the whole room I will be plopping a hygrometer in there once everything is up to temp and adjusting the vents as needed. Goal is about 80% humidity for the first few days.

Temp is 80f
IMG 20191121 104847

basscaptain

basscaptain

Ok 5 tap roots still waiting on one but it may not pop so into the jiffy pellets they went. These are not the pellets I normally use as they are about half the size but hey I have em now so will use em.

They are in a humidity dome so I don't need to control humidity in the whole room I will be plopping a hygrometer in there once everything is up to temp and adjusting the vents as needed. Goal is about 80% humidity for the first few days.

Temp is 80f
View attachment 912692
you know I was going to run those Sleg... But there was a small mix up and I don't have any....>>> LOL I was trying to get every thing GK had on the site at the time and I mess it up some how Lmfao lol:)...

I'll get some when I order from him again :)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

We have 2 babies peeking out this morning. These 2 went into the pellets 2 days ago and the 3 others yesterday then I put them in the room. So I'm expecting the other 3 later today or tomorrow. The last bean is still in paper towel and will give it another day just for the sake of testing germination rates

IMG 20191122 092011
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you use larger bucket tops with the 10” nets built in you could grow in 4”x4”rockwool cubes until you can sex them then get them into the buckets.
To late for that but yes that would definitely have been an option. My back is fucked right now so I'm doing as little as possible. And still have to put my system back together this weekend because I couldn't do it with this pain. Will have to med the fuck right up just to get it done. Not looking forward to it.

Thanks for the advice.. good to keep in the vault for another time.

Last edited:
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Can vouch for the cloudline, I have the 6" with the controller. Its so much quieter than other brands I've used in the past and the temp /humidity controls are super handy.

I'll second that!! i have three 4 inch units on my grow and flower cabinets, and a I use a 6 in to vent the grow room air to the rest of the house. I have also replace both bathroom vents with T4's. With the controllers mounted over the tank..

🍻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom