Aqua Man's first grow diary

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Damn, i loved that "dirt" smell it meant you were about to get totally trashed..... Don't drive kind of trashed... 😎😁
Funny you said that cuz I lit up my first joint of that Colombian or Panama Red on my way to high school one morning & I had to pull my car over halfway, put the joint out and sat there for about 10 minutes because I couldn't drive my car

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Back then In our state capital... better know as Willies backyard... an elbow was right at $400 until the boys from much further south started showing up with BUTT loads of their kick ass stuff (dank red Colombian), however their business rules were rather tough! I keep hearing my father "... how soon we got old; how late we get wise ..." in my head.
[/QUOTE
i know we werent stupid enough to do the shit on street corners,not down south here anyway,5 finger lid all day 10 bucks,prices went way up and about the time you mention is when war started in mexico border towns ,them were good days in my opinion,so i still say the nostagi and youth thing no way,smoke was what it was and really unless you bought thai stick ,you knew what you got wasnt dipped in something,we alway put the hash in a hooka with 4 tubes,didnt stay in there long enough to just go up in smoke hahahahh

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

With all due respect people who have never smoked the kind in the 70's wouldn't know, now would they?

The weed from the 70s was not only different it was much more dank and potent than anything these days. Just my opinion but I smoked weed in every decade since the 60s, so I know its true.

This is a picture of some real Columbian gold from the mid-70s

View attachment 918922
..this particular bud is the second most powerful weed I've ever smoked in my life

The most powerful came around a few years earlier in 1973 and was sold as Panama or Colombian red, I can't recall which but it was the strongest weed that I've ever smoked in my life! Better by tenfold compared to anything these days, more than 10 fold
so smooth hitting too,damn i still can taste it haahah

B

Burned Haze

Sweet. Thanks

Option #2[/B]
Dry ice + commercial jack, dry hash

——-
Option #3

press it with hot water ( there’s many heat pressing methods but this will work perfect )
this benefit is you don’t have to buy a press, only thing I noticed the video didn’t note was ( I read the comments ) is “don’t use the neck of the bottle to press” which makes sense

the benefit of this Method is a hard cured hash and you don’t have to buy anything, just a little work. The guy says you need “ grinder hash” that’s a smokers viewpoint .. i turn all my sugar trim into amazing ice hash ( it’s worth the efforts and you can get so much, if you aren’t doing it already your def missing out )

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Ya that's also the trash they use for trying to study as they have that one place here in the States where they was thee only ones to legally grow it for study and all of their shit looked like that garbage and hay....As they do call grass and now u know why lol how pathetic

During the 70's thru 90's that was the Aggies of Texas A&M. Don't know about now; however i suspect there are lots of places now that there are states where it is legal.

S

Spliffyman

Ok this will be my first grow diary. I have a dilemma that needs to be sorted before I get started. I have a 4 site RDWC system I built from the ground up with full environmental control and co2.

I have regular seeds so by the time I can sex em if I go RDWC I may have to rip some some out. I was contemplating soil removing the RDWC system and planting more to accommodate. But after seeing growth rates in my first soil grow its discouraging. It sure is easy as hell but so much slower.

I was thinking possibly soiless to meet in the middle but thats even more work than my RDWC with purchasing everything to go that route.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated? What would people like to see and why?

Here are pics of the system when I was first building some equipment has changed so it's not the same. I will add new ones after method is decided.

View attachment 910996View attachment 910997
I may head down this route of growing once my first grow is done.. I like the thought of doing a clean set up like this but smaller cos of the Mrs etc.. Will be reading up on this diary to see the pros and cons 👍 cheers

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

With all due respect people who have never smoked the kind in the 70's wouldn't know, now would they?

The weed from the 70s was not only different it was much more dank and potent than anything these days. Just my opinion but I smoked weed in every decade since the 60s, so I know its true.

This is a picture of some real Columbian gold from the mid-70s

View attachment 918922
..this particular bud is the second most powerful weed I've ever smoked in my life

The most powerful came around a few years earlier in 1973 (or 4) and was sold as Panama or Colombian red, I can't recall which but it was the strongest weed that I've ever smoked in my life! Better by tenfold compared to anything these days, more than 10 fold

Guys, i apologize if I insulted anyone dissing old strains. And no i wouldnt know and have never smoked those ancient strains but at the same time I have hard time seeing a pic of some bushweed and just taking someones word for it that they were better and trippier, concidering you were young teens and there were nothing else to smoke. That bud in the jar dont even look that good but much better than what hight times 1976 posted and thats intresting. But If I applied the same science then what I smoked as a teenager in early 2000s was the best weed ever and nothing compares because i tripped like a mushroom trip when smoking, but like i said I think its about brain development and brain learning to cope better with THC with expirence.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Guys, i apologize if I insulted anyone dissing old strains. And no i wouldnt know and have never smoked those ancient strains but at the same time I have hard time seeing a pic of some bushweed and just taking someones word for it that they were better and trippier, concidering you were young teens and there were nothing else to smoke. That bud in the jar dont even look that good but much better than what hight times 1976 posted and thats intresting. But If I applied the same science then what I smoked as a teenager in early 2000s was the best weed ever and nothing compares because i tripped like a mushroom trip when smoking, but like i said I think its about brain development and brain learning to cope better with THC with expirence.
Never apologize for a debate or opinion.. Only if insulting or disrespectful should you apologize. Debates are how we learn and opinions are always valid. If we turn into a buncha yes men monkeys we will be doomed to broscience. All opinions welcome in my journal and everyone here has an opinion and reason for it, we don't have to share the same ones and shouldn't IMO.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Not insulted at all? I spoke from a basis of fact formed by my experience

However again I reiterate if one wasn't there they don't know.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Just use a pollen chuck/press! Get a good one ( cheap ones suck but the ones the do work better aren’t that much more expensive )

They're great, I use one of in conjunction with a pollen shaker I'm making hash and edibles right now for the holidays! 🎄
20191209 111056

20191209 120007

B

Burned Haze

Yeah im getting one. I trim on a screened tray and always have more kief.

What do you smoke hash with?

Just put the kief/hash right on top of your bud , cool thing it will make you light less and give you more potent smoke . Key is to not put your finger on it and rap it out

anther tip is have a dedicated hash pipe since the hash is a little resiny ( and clean at your viewpoint )

Indiva710

Indiva710

I'm pretty sure that's not the one I'm thinking of I want to say like
Yeah im getting one. I trim on a screened tray and always have more kief.

What do you smoke hash with?
Buds or w e u want turn it to full melt and dab it or get squishy with it , or make some temple balls make edibles w lower grade Shit or high grade personal preference that's more for someone who does edibles only....
I made bubble for my Thanksgiving actually got me a nice 44g of some nice fire waiting on this damn press so I can turn it all into rosin ☺️☺️☺️☺️

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just put the kief/hash right on top of your bud , cool thing it will make you light less and give you more potent smoke . Key is to not put your finger on it and rap it out

anther tip is have a dedicated hash pipe since the hash is a little resiny ( and clean at your viewpoint )

I sprinkle it on top now. Im wondering how to smoke it in puck form. What is different with a hash pipe?

Would a couple pipe screens in a glass bowl work? I havent smoked actual hash in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom