• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I think I found a potential fix. Ahhhhhhh 😄 😄 😄 😄 .

IMG 20200511 111014

Off to a good start my guy.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Spent 20 min in the room tinkering. Apparently I'm a heavy breather.
View attachment 973022

I have the basic autopilot co2, temp, & rh monitor and am always surprised at my co2 levels with me, a wife, 2 dogs, and 2 cats in our small home. I rarely see it below 900ppm and it's usually around 1200ppm. My room is not sealed but even with a door closed and exhaust on 24/7 the gas still creeps into the g/room. Saves a lot of money buying dog treats for co2 instead of gas tanks 😋

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have the basic autopilot co2, temp, & rh monitor and am always surprised at my co2 levels with me, a wife, 2 dogs, and 2 cats in our small home. I rarely see it below 900ppm and it's usually around 1200ppm. My room is not sealed but even with a door closed and exhaust on 24/7 the gas still creeps into the g/room. Saves a lot of money buying dog treats for co2 instead of gas tanks 😋
Absolutely... Take that thing to the basement... Almost always close to 1200ppm. On the flip side a few decent sized plants can eat that up in a hurry

B

Burned Haze

Spent 20 min in the room tinkering. Apparently I'm a heavy breather.
View attachment 973022

I have that same model and have it set to 950 ppm “center” and 100ppm for the “ zone” and 2 days ago I noiticed the 8 burner was running the whole time, looked at the co2 controller , it says 1500ppm? Why? I thought it’s suppose to turn off when it can obviously see it’s over it’s zone ? I’m going to return it on tonight and play with it ( hopefully it was too much intake from outside and I can correct that but good lord, it knew the ppm was over )

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have that same model and have it set to 950 ppm “center” and 100ppm for the “ zone” and 2 days ago I noiticed the 8 burner was running the whole time, looked at the co2 controller , it says 1500ppm? Why? I thought it’s suppose to turn off when it can obviously see it’s over it’s zone ? I’m going to return it on tonight and play with it ( hopefully it was too much intake from outside and I can correct that but good lord, it knew the ppm was over )
Wow that's terrible. Never had an issue with mine... Fingers crossed

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

@Aqua Man at what light intensity should I start using co2? In no rush to get it set up however started sealing a room around my tent, if you run co2 do you not use an extraction fan?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man at what light intensity should I start using co2? In no rush to get it set up however started sealing a room around my tent, if you run co2 do you not use an extraction fan?
I don't use an extraction fan. The room has ac, heat, humidifier and dehumidifier all on controllers.

Imo you will want atleast 800 ppfd and benefits increase up to atleast 1500ppfd. You will also want to maximize VPD if using CO2. CO2"a real benefit kicks in once you have maximized the environment and plant growth. It's probably the last thing to add. I decided on a sealed room to eliminate odors so I had to add CO2 to supplement.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I don't use an extraction fan. The room has ac, heat, humidifier and dehumidifier all on controllers.

Imo you will want atleast 800 ppfd and benefits increase up to atleast 1500ppfd. You will also want to maximize VPD if using CO2. CO2"a real benefit kicks in once you have maximized the environment and plant growth. It's probably the last thing to add. I decided on a sealed room to eliminate odors so I had to add CO2 to supplement.
Cheers going to set up an automated system next time and led so just another thing I was looking into

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter

Nice my friend!!! One question though....if no exhaust, where is all of that stale air going?

Cheers!!!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Its curious to me too Aqua. All the sealed rooms I've been in have small ventilation systems to remove stale air during the dark cycle and sometimes even once or twice during lights on for a a few mins. Something to do with removing the plants exhaust gasses like ethylene that arent scrubbed by filters and dehus. But I havent gone too deep into it since I made the decision to stay fully vented.

Last edited:
B

Burned Haze

a few suggestions , since you asked
Its curious to me too Aqua. All the sealed rooms I've been in have small ventilation systems to remove stale air during the dark cycle and sometimes even once or twice during lights on for a a few mins. Something to do with removing the plants exhaust gasses like ethylene that arent scrubbed by filters and dehus. But I havent gone too deep into it since I made the decision to stay fully vented.

You dont need to remove the “ stale” air at night, at night it , key is since a/c not working and lights aren’t on, humidity will win. So key is to have your dehumidifier on the right humidity % settings to remove the air in your room vs remove the air outdoors + have good airflow around the growroom itself it amazes how many times I have seen pictures or seen grows small or big and their airflow or setup for airflow is off. Heat+ humidity rises. majority of fans should be mounted on above latyers of room of walls vs floor style and if you have to have “ airflow” try negative pressure method” where you have a carbon filter ( no inline fan) connected to ducting and once the room fills like a gallon it will push to w/e you got it to, big thing is you gotta have outdoor style doors or indoor doors will get warped within a season or two lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom